Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo (871 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Embarked On A One Month Dry Fasting Finally Breaks It(video) / Nigerian Pastor Unable To Walk After Embarking On 21 Days Dry Fast / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Freshgossip: 8:57am On Nov 17, 2019
Evangelist Chidi Eke, a 46 year old clergyman, who was fasting to seek God's face as he plans to open his own ministry, has died while fasting for 40 days and nights in Eziala Nguru in Ngor Okpala council area of Imo State.

Eke who reportedly left his wife and children in Lagos after he claimed he got the call from God asking him to go into minsitry, relocated to Imo state where he said he would be seeking the face and power of God inside the ''Wilderness''. He had successfully concluded a 21 days fast and decided to go ahead to do a 40-days dry fast.

“During the first and second week of his fast, people who had gone to their farms heard him singing and praying loudly. But after the third week nobody heard his voice again and most people thought that perhaps he must have gone deep into meditation. But one of his church members, one Cyriacus Opara who became worried and insisted that he needed to visit him at the forest.

“When Opara approached the family that he wanted to visit Chidi Eke in the “Wilderness”, they told him that they don’t actually know the exact location where he was and that Eke had earlier issued a stern warning that he did not want any visitors because he had left his phone and money at home and had only gone with his Bible and gown.” a resident of the village told The Nation.

Opara was told to contact one Cajethan Nwaneri as the only person who knew the location of the “Wilderness” since he had assisted the deceased evangelist in clearing it. Nwaneri led Opara to the place where they found out Eke had long died.

“Eke had abandoned his wife and two children, a boy and girl in Lagos and returned back to the village saying that he has come to answer the call of God. His corpse was discovered by one of his members who had gone to check on him in the bush where he had gone. Eke is the only son of his mother. In fact it was members of the community under the leadership of Tochukwu Ekeh (Angle 90) who are going to bear the burden of burying him” a relative said.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/11/46-year-old-pastor-chidi-eke-dies-after.html

Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Freshgossip: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Freshgossip: 8:58am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by youngest85(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2019
Another means of committing suicide
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by angelEmade: 9:03am On Nov 17, 2019
...i tell you pals...musa is dead
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Rednaxelot: 9:03am On Nov 17, 2019
Nigerian government should charge his corpse for suicide based on stupidity and ignorance
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Fizzymike1(m): 9:04am On Nov 17, 2019
That was a foolish fast
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by General0847: 9:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Foolish man.
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Kestolove(m): 9:19am On Nov 17, 2019
Useless man
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by Bojack(m): 9:42am On Nov 17, 2019
me wey no fit fast from 7am to 10am
Re: 46-year-old Pastor, Chidi Eke Dies After Embarking On 40 Days Dry Fasting In Imo by oaroloye(m): 7:42am On Nov 19, 2019
MISHIGAS!

. DEUTERONOMY 28:49-57.

49. The LORD shall
bring a nation against thee
from far,
from the End of the Earth,
as swift as the eagle flieth;
a nation whose tongue
thou shalt not understand;
50. A nation of
fierce countenance,
which shall not regard
the person of the old,
nor shew favour to the young:
51. And he shall eat
the fruit of thy cattle,
and the fruit of thy land,
until thou be destroyed:
which also shall not
leave thee either corn,
wine, or oil,
or the increase of thy kine,
or flocks of thy sheep,
until he have destroyed thee.
52. And he shall besiege thee
in all thy gates,
until thy high and fenced walls
come down,
wherein thou trustedst,
throughout all thy land:
and he shall besiege thee
in all thy gates
throughout all thy land,
which The LORD thy God
hath given thee.
53. And thou shalt eat
the fruit of thine own body,
the flesh of thy sons
and of thy daughters,
which The LORD thy God
hath given thee, in the siege,
and in the straitness,
wherewith thine enemies
shall distress thee:
54. So that the man
that is tender among you,
and very delicate,
his eye shall be evil
toward his brother,
and toward the wife
of his bosom,
and toward the remnant
of his children
which he shall leave:
55. So that he will not
give to any of them
of the flesh of his children
whom he shall eat:
because he hath nothing
left him in the siege,
and in the straitness,
wherewith thine enemies
shall distress thee
in all thy gates.
56. The tender and delicate
woman among you,
which would not adventure
to set the sole of her foot
upon the ground
for delicateness
and tenderness,
her eye shall be evil
toward the husband
of her bosom,
and toward her son,
and toward her daughter,
57. And toward her young one
that cometh out from
between her feet,
and toward her children
which she shall bear:
for she shall eat them
for want of all things
secretly in the siege
and straitness,
wherewith thine enemy
shall distress thee
in thy gates.

FASTING IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT OPERATION THAT MAXIMIZES SPIRITUAL ENERGIES, AND CURTAILS INTERNAL DRAIN ON SPIRITUAL, MENTAL, AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES.

. MATTHEW 6:16-18.

16. "Moreover when ye Fast,
be not, as the Hypocrites,
of a sad countenance:
for they disfigure their faces,
that they may appear
unto men to Fast.
Verily I Say unto you,

'THEY HAVE THEIR REWARD.'

17. "But thou, when thou Fastest,
anoint thine head,
and wash thy face;
18. "That thou appear not
unto men to Fast,
but unto thy Father
Which is in Secret:
and thy Father,
Which seeth in Secret,
shall Reward thee openly."

TELLING PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE FASTING FORFEITS THE MAIN SPIRITUAL BENEFIT OF FASTING.

.. MATTHEW 5:16-20.

16. "Let your light
so shine before men,
that they may see
your Good Works,
and glorify your Father
Which is in Heaven.
17. "Think not that I am come
to destroy The Law,
or The Prophets:
I am not come to destroy,
but to fulfil.
18. "For verily I Say unto you,

'TILL HEAVEN
AND EARTH PASS,
ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE
SHALL IN NO WISE
PASS FROM THE LAW,
TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.'

19. "Whosoever therefore
shall break one of these
least Commandments,
and shall teach men so,
he shall be called

"THE LEAST
IN THE KINGDOM
OF HEAVEN:"

but whosoever shall
do and teach them,
the same shall be called

"GREAT IN
THE KINGDOM
OF HEAVEN."

20. "For I Say unto you,

'THAT EXCEPT YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
SHALL EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS
OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES,
YE SHALL IN NO CASE
ENTER INTO
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.' "

FOR CHRISTIANS, THE RIGHTEOUS WAY TO FAST IS FOR PEOPLE TO FIGURE OUT THAT YOU FASTED- NOT FOR YOU TO TELL THEM.

To tell people is to discard all your Divine Reward for Fasting.

If CHIDI EKE were murdered, the primary suspect needs to be whoever says that he was Fasting "DRY" for over two weeks.

How did they know that?

Of course there are Churches where people boast of how long they intend to Fast, so that they can gain Earthly Rewards for that. This avenue of suspicion needs to be closed off.

It needs to be proven that this was not murder. What if someone locked him up without food or drink, until he had died, and then dumped the body, and claimed to have discovered it?

DRY FASTING will kill you by about the seventh day. I know of two Pastors, relatives of coworkers, who died the 7th days of their Fasts. That means they must have been "dry:" without water.

They may also have tried breaking their Fasts improperly.

. MATTHEW 4:1-11.

THEN was Jesus led
up of The Spirit
into the wilderness
to be tempted of The Devil.
2. And when he had fasted
forty days and forty nights,
he was afterward an hungred.
3. And when The Tempter
came to him,
he said,

"If thou be the Son of God,
command that these stones
be made bread."

4. But he answered and Said,
"It is written,

'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE
BY BREAD ALONE,
BUT BY EVERY WORD
THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF
THE MOUTH OF GOD.' "

5 Then the Devil taketh him
up into the Holy City,
and setteth him
on a pinnacle of the Temple,
6 And saith unto him,

"If thou be The Son of God,
cast thyself down:
for it is written,

'HE SHALL
GIVE HIS ANGELS
CHARGE CONCERNING THEE:
AND IN THEIR HANDS
THEY SHALL BEAR THEE UP,
LEST AT ANY TIME
THOU DASH THY FOOT
AGAINST A STONE.' "

7. Jesus Said unto him,

"It is written again,

'THOU SHALT NOT TEMPT
THE LORD THY GOD,'

8. Again, the Devil
taketh him up
into an exceeding
high mountain,
and sheweth him
all The Kingdoms of the World,
and the Glory of them;
9. And saith unto him,

"All these things
will I give thee,
if thou wilt fall down
and worship me."

10. Then Saith Jesus
unto him,

"Get thee hence, Satan:
for it is written,

'THOU SHALT WORSHIP
THE LORD THY GOD,'

and

'HIM ONLY
SHALT THOU SERVE.' "

11. Then the Devil
leaveth him,
and, behold,
Angels came
and ministered unto him.

LORD YESHUA'S FAST WAS NOT "DRY:" WE KNOW THAT, BECAUSE HE WAS HUNGRY AFTER FORTY DAYS AND NIGHTS WITHOUT FOOD- AS IS NORMAL- NOT THIRSTY.

Going forty days and nights without drinking water- without some freakish Spiritual SuperPower- is not impossible- one would have to be in a humid environment, that basically forced water into one's body through the skin and lungs.

This can happen at the top of a mountain, or in a cave. One needs at least 1.25 litres to live normally, without danger to health.

It is reckless and dangerous to Fast to extremes the first time one ever Fasted. One has to be used to it at shorter lengths, before going for extended periods of over two weeks.

Most people have never gone four days without eating before, and have no idea how their bodies change as a result.

For one thing, you stop feeling hungry after three days. The body stops producing digestive juices, when it realizes that there is not going to be food to digest.

The Stomach and Intestines stop peristalsis, because there is no food to be pushed through.

Therefore, in breaking the Fast, one has to start with diluted citrus juice, then fruits, then fresh vegetables, then cooked vegetables, over days, to get the GastroIntestinal Tract operational again.

A normal meal can kill you, if you haven't eaten for more than three days.

I ate bread and meat the fourth day of my first three day Fast, and it felt like I nearly died.

I broke a ten-day Fast with Tete (Amaranth) "Soup." I felt no pain, but when I examined my Urine under the microscope, I found sharp crystals loading my Urine, with a maximal amount of blood.

Had I continued, I should have died, peeing blood.

Before attempting to Fast, do thorough research, reading accounts of reputable people who actually Fasted, and find out what you need to do.

A COMMONSENSE GUIDE TO FASTING, by Kenneth E. Hagin is the most useless book on Fasting I have ever read.

He globally denounced everyone who Fasted for extended periods, told others how long they Fasted, and encouraged others to Fast for extended periods as "hypocrites."

I therefore concluded that he could never have seen "JESUS" (CEASARE BORGIA,) and GOD IN HEAVEN as he had claimed, but something else was at work, here.

It took me DECADES to get to the bottom of this, but it emerges that KENNETH ERWIN HAGIN was a PLAGIARIST: he stole other people's work, and passed it off as his own.

He even said this in one of his sermons:

"...I JUST ADDED A BIT MORE HOLY GHOST TO (THEIR WORK)!"

At the time, I saw nothing wrong with this. But later on, I came to understand that what he did was a very serious violation of the law of his land.

As an American, and a published author, he knew about Copyright, and Royalty obligations.

He was allegedly involved in a court case brought by the E.W. KENYON Family, because he used part of their late father's works in his book THE NAME OF JESUS, without giving them anything.

At the time, I thought it petty and mean-spirited of them, to sue a "fellow Christian" to court. It was to take years before I understood the actual implications of these actions.

ESSEK WILLIAM KENYON was a Baptist Minister (died 1948), and the Baptist Church had expelled Kenneth E. Hagin for becoming a PENTECOSTAL.

There is no way that they would have approved RUTH KENYON, his daughter, giving approval for Kenneth Hagin, whom they regard as a Devil-Possessed Apostate, to use their "Saint's" work to "deceive" people (by their estimation).

Furthermore, in America, if someone profits from another person's idea, those profits lawfully belong to the person who had the idea.

Depending on the Court's Ruling, the person who profited could be liable to give even everything to the person who originated the idea, unless there is a written agreement regulating the amount the originator is owed.

The man who invented the PC should have died a billionaire.

The largest Computer Industries- namely APPLE and MICROSOFT are built upon ideas that were even literally stolen from their creators.

BILL GATES bought DOS from TIM PATTERSON for $50,000- when it was, in reality, worth a lot more than that.

He and STEVE JOBS did this to people together, until, one day, BILL GATES did it to STEVE JOBS, to create WINDOWS.

[See: PIRATES OF SILICON VALLEY, starring Noah Whylie and Mark Anthony Hall.
FIRE IN THE VALLEY, by Paul Freiburger and Michael Swaine.]

The point is that the Baptist Church (a front for FREEMASONRY,) would never let its work legitimize and enrich its perceived enemy- Pentecostalism.

KENNETH ERWIN HAGIN himself is an example of such hypocrisy. TOMMY LEE OSBORN was better known than KENNETH HAGIN, being an internationally-travelled Pentecostal Missionary, co-resident in TULSA, OKLAHOMA, (alongside ORAL ROBERTS).

He surely knew his testimony, that he originally credited his achievement of PENTECOSTALISM to his learning Fasting from FRANKLIN HALL.

They were together in the VOICE OF HEALING Ministry by GORDON LINDSAY- an association of Full-Gospel Pastors, who shared recognition, and organized Crusades up and down America.

WILLIAM MARRION BRANHAM was a prestigious member, and was backed by them until his death in 1965- which Kenneth Hagin prophesied. He and Gordon Lindsay decided that William Branham had "missed it," but kept their assessment from the public.

However, FRANKLIN HALL, whose work surely benefited them all- also a "JESUS ONLY" Believer, like WILLIAM BRANHAM (Believing that JESUS IS GOD: THE ONLY GOD,) was expelled as a False Christian.

Therefore, you understand the implication if any of those Full Gospel Preachers gave legitimacy to FRANKLIN HALL'S Fasting Doctrine?

He would have had grounds to claim that ALL of their successes came from HIM, and have a legal right to claim all their profits, leaving them with nothing.

So, they handled this by leaving their followers- who were trusting them to tell them "THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH" - absolutely nothing about FASTING.

Not its necessity.
Not how to do it.
Not who its best teacher was.
Not even its possibility.

Therefore, people who were zealous enough to try to Fast, and reach God- the best of us-have died in ignorance.

Like this.

If CHIDI EKE died without (other) foul play, he provably died of EXPOSURE.

When you Fast for significant lengths of time, your BodyFat is expended at the rate of about 1lbs per day- giving the limit of your Fast.

Fat is not only fuel, it is also insulation. Some of the Fat that protects us from cold never seems to come back- even if you become overweight, after breaking your Fast.

It took only TEN DAYS for me to experience that. Afterwards, I became immune from Common Cold and Catarrh for months, without further Fasting- but I felt cold when I wasn't being overcooked.

It got worse when I Fasted up to four weeks.

If Chidi Eke did not wait to recover his BodyFat after his last Fast, he as good as signed his own death warrant, wearing nothing but a CASSOCK, out in the open.

A South African, ALFRED NDLOVU, probably died the same way, if he wasn't murdered, too.

It is the height of arrogant stupidity, to tell your enemies that you are going to weaken yourself, and hang out where there are no witnesses nor rescuers.

If you do not have enemies who want to kill you for no just cause, you are not a good Christian.

If you do not know that such people exist, you are not any sort of Christian.

Only fools believe accusations without evidence.

(1) (Reply)

The Boys'brigade Nigeria; Drill Instructional Aids / I'll Become A Muslim To Spite Christians. / Not About Race. Anyone who does not Believe In JESUS CHRIST Is Cursed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.