Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon (4652 Views)

The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. / Realme U1: World's First Mediatek-helio P70 Smartphone To Launch November 28. / Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by CellTabRepairs: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
The love of users for cheap MTK phones has nothing to do with considerations for the quality of the chipsets. Users are in most cases technically ignorant. The size of their pocket dictates their buying decisions. While the OS running on these base MTK chipsets can be designed to emulate features properly integrated into high end superior technology chipsets by flagship companies, the downside is in the capacity of these low quality chipsets to withstand equivalent hyperthreading, high processing power, multi-cores, and high withstand temperature Application Processors, DSP and Micro controllers in the 'flagship' products.Most failures associated with them are linked to low withstand temperature issues and shelf life of their NAND flash chips especially when subjected to numerous Erase/Write cycles.

If you are a power user and can afford it, go for the flagship Qualcom products. It's just like the 'Intel inside' hype. When you buy a phone as in computers, the vhipset platform is an important consideration if longevity, processing power and quality are of prime interest in your mind.

cool##Check out Image, click my name!## cool

For expertise, YOU CAN'T finish reading this resource from page A-Z and not become an established standard tech-support guru! Service based tech support business remains the easiest, most lucrative venture for an economy in recession! Your CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILL!

Get(INVEST IN) the 2016 bestselling " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today and that's an inexhaustible demand market. Cheaper rates Now@ all marketplaces!

*****Click My Name, $ee Image**
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
MizMyColi:
Hey guys cheesy
I was soo impressed by the reasons he gave that I decided to do a thread on it so that it can reach a wider audience.
This is dedicated to those of us who will be using Mediatek devices for a loong time. Now you have more points to fire at snapdragon users who feel that they are superior and know better.....which is not always the case.

It all started on this thread as created by Mikeshiangala. https://www.nairaland.com/3627543/rumour-tecno-l9-specsprice-release#53688200

I was quite disappointed to see quad core, so I made this comment...

Then he replied thus...

[b][/b]

This made sense to me.

Then he also replied someone on why he prefers Mediatek chipsets to Qualcomm.

I can relate with the reasons above.
Please share your reasons for choosing MediaTek over Snapdragon.

smiley Thank You.

affordability and it produces less heat compared to snapdragon, although the chipset is not too compartible with high end games, which means MTK phones are not good for gamers.

1 Like

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by donbenie(m): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
ugohemma:
Snapdragon Chipset are over hyped.,
They have increase in Overheating than Mediatek. The only phone company that know how to make use of Snapdragon chipset are htc but the flaw there is their battery don't last..

There are many advantage mediatek has over Snapdragon but u know anything that come first and are associated with the rich are always accepted first that's the case of snapdragon phones.

For me mediatek anyday anytime..Snapdragon can go to hell.. Their chipset is a no no for our wether in this part of the world.
The ONLY advantage Mediatek has over Snapdragons is CHEAPNESS,don't get it twisted,MTK Chipsets are still learning and only good for dirt cheap Handsets..A two year old Snapdragon 810 which was the ONLY Snapdragon associated with overheating issues still runs circles around the BEST of Mediatek today..
I've used ONE Mediatek Smartphone with a so-called upper midrange CHIPSET and from my experience compared to Snapdragons it's NOTHING to brag about..
Being unable to afford the BEST in this part of the world shouldn't be an excuse for overhyping mediocrity..
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
I am not too conversant with chipsets/SoCĀ£ but I have come to realise that Snapdragon bests MTK and I like the fact that there is competition among the makers, it gives us, users, a variety to choose from and they sure have their merits and demerits.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 17, 2017
djeasy:
i love Mtk phones because Mtk cpu are easy to manipulate...
1. Easy Rom backup and Restore
2. Easy to recustomise the Rom
and many more. I hate any Cpu i cant Manipulate.

Buy all these tweaking destroys warranty and expoae the device to marlware attack.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by paolokonqueror(m): 5:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Mediatek phones aren't bad at all, it's affordable to say the least. What was the problem with the Tecno tho?
samsam2019:
Mediatek is also easier to root.

I've used a mediatek phone( tecno and gionee). I only had problem with the tecno, the gione phone was flawless.

I don't think I'll go back to those phones sha
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by paolokonqueror(m): 5:06am On Feb 19, 2017
Don't be too certain. Also you're assuming there will be no improvement on MTK? Tecno for example uses MTK for their flagship devices no?
kazzonline:

The future is certain,mediatek would always follow snapdragon,why as long as flaghsip and high range devices exist,there would always be sure market for snapdragon phones
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by DavidoArsenal(m): 5:17am On Feb 19, 2017
Tecno
datyorubaboy:
And to come out with an affordable device, they have to go for the best less expensive chipset which mediatek is providing

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by DavidoArsenal(m): 5:18am On Feb 19, 2017
I agree with all you've said
Techm8:
We shouldn't forget that there are several other chips besides these two. Kirin, exynos and Intel are going about their business jejely.
The battle for the most powerful and affordable chip is one that will push all the players to the edge and make them continue to innovate and improve, and we the consumers are the winners.
Tecno's mission has always been about making high quality smartphones affordable for every D,T & H so I trust them to go for a chip that will make this possible.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by DavidoArsenal(m): 5:18am On Feb 19, 2017
Affordable chips that still get the job done
jerrysense:
Just coming in from tech villa.. My comment is without sentiments. Snapdragons are good but I think they are getting too comfortable with past glories and also on a high Billings. Mediatek started from somewhere not really cool buh I can see wea they are now is quite impressive and this guys got lots of advantages with cheap chips placed in some cool affordable devices. So at this point I rest my case before car go jam me for this ojota road grin
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Norman4real(m): 5:33am On Feb 19, 2017
D4Daymoo:

affordability and it produces less heat compared to snapdragon, although the chipset is not too compartible with high end games, which means MTK phones are not good for gamers.
i beg to differ... While its true that mtk has a lot of low end chips doesn't mean it's not good for gaming. Look at the x20 mtk chip for example, it gives 10 cores, with frequencies of upto 2.4Ghz and Mali T880 mp8 GPU. How is that not suitable for gaming.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by ewizard1: 7:13am On Feb 19, 2017
Snapdragon vs MTK

grin Erin pami, I lafta! grin

1 Like

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Gptech(m): 7:20am On Feb 19, 2017
Norman4real:
i beg to differ... While its true that mtk has a lot of low end chips doesn't mean it's not good for gaming. Look at the x20 mtk chip for example, it gives 10 cores, with frequencies of upto 2.4Ghz and Mali T880 mp8 GPU. How is that not suitable for gaming.
But the x20 is not a low end chip, its the flagship from Mediatek.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by samsam2019: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2017
paolokonqueror:
Mediatek phones aren't bad at all, it's affordable to say the least. What was the problem with the Tecno tho?
freezing ni like mmm. I put the phone on and off and it takes 5 minutes to boot like a 95 year old computer.

The phone show me pepper before I sell am
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by teejaypee: 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
please who knows dafuq is wrong with Mtn's network
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Behankey(m): 9:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
Arguments supports both really. The MTK chips are cheap yet still gets the job done. The improvement over the years has been rampant too. I think it all depends on choices. As we all know that Tecno and the likes rule the Africa mobile market. MTK will be in use for long. Good news is, they will continue to innovate.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by erekking(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hi guys, what i want to say is dat snapdragon is 'wafer thick' superior to mtk, if u grab what i mean, just a margin. The rest of the differences u may think is not the fault mtk. Take dis; snapdragon models come with 1 major upgrade and the rest are just fixes and improvement and their upgrades are usually innovative eg makin their chipset support 2160p @ 60 fps in one upgrade and support for fingerprint in that upgrade and vitual reality in the next. Mtk not beign as innovative as snapdragon follow the lead. But when it comes to conventional android operation, belive it or not mtk is up to par. All those sayin snapdragon up and down, do you know dat if samsung places the flagship of mtk into s7 and cloaks it as snapdragon u would not know. Reason is dat chipset alone does not matter in d performance of android and there are so many variables eg ram, am sure by now many of u know dat ram has a technology behind it. Trustin dat tecno has people with budget in mind and wouldnt slap state of

1 Like

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by erekking(m): 10:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
the art ram into their device but samsung wouldnt do dat and trust me ram plays a huge part,hint the iphone7 has 2gb of ram.Let me give u another variable,the android os is not an optimised one dat is why oems overlays to optimise the performance,when windows 8.0 came out my friend with a pc of 5th generation intel core i7 tried an uprade.endline is dat it was a disaster, then came 8.1 it was flawless yet not even as good as win10 all in in d same i7.So u see wat i mean i dont need to start blowing grammar inshort the iphone is faster dan an android because of os optimisation. Even when opening the same app, what then would u expect in other areas, the truth is dat if u can change os like u can do in pc on handheld devices, and u boot android into an iphone, trust me the performance wouldnt be the same. Not to prolong this any further, mtk is not optimised well with dis budget friendly oems, they dont do justice to it well makin it seem in competent.Technology is as powerful as its wielder.

1 Like

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by jayauthentic(m): 6:36am On Feb 20, 2017
The truth is:

*if you're a gamer or a lover of great sound output you have no better option than Snapdragon.

*if you're the type who sells data Sims and uses Airtel BB sub on ur droid amongst a few other MTK tweables, you need MTK.

I was an MTK addict but right now I cannot sacrifice great sound output and performance for anything else so Snapdragon it is for me
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by erekking(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2017
jayauthentic:
The truth is:

*if you're a gamer or a lover of great sound output you have no better option than Snapdragon.

*if you're the type who sells data Sims and uses Airtel BB sub on ur droid amongst a few other MTK tweables, you need MTK.

I was an MTK addict but right now I cannot sacrifice great sound output and performance for anything else so Snapdragon it is for me
my brother dat is my point, its not like a good mtk cant handle or render a beats audio output or bang and olfusen, its the oem that will do dat.the added technology will enhance the device, just like iphone enhanced Lcd to become retina display or samsungs' samoled. Some times u just cant blame mtk.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by shiftback: 9:53am On Feb 20, 2017
Different strokes for different folks.
The average Joe does not know what mediatek or Snapdragon is, they're just looking for a capable phone.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by erekking(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Truly, its not like mtk would go and build an mt67xx chipset series dat supports virtual reality just because snapdragon did dat at dat current time, when they know somebody with mtk chipset in their budget device wouldnt step into computer village saying he is going to buy a $500 occulus rift virtual headset.the feature would not be utilised,hell! Not even most snapdragon fan would utilise it(unless its a gift or you are a geek with money to spare) but those everyday features like fingerprint and nfc a released as soon as snapdragon debuted the tech.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by excanny: 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
shiftback:
Different strokes for different folks.
The average Joe does not know what mediatek or Snapdragon is, they're just looking for a capable phone.

That's true. Most folks aren't bothered about technical debates.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by scarycuteface(m): 6:06am On Feb 21, 2017
Most people.don't even know the difference. Most believe that as long as the phone can do basic things, it's good to go. MTK has and is improving, Snapdragon started from somewhere too. It's evident in the Tecno phantom 6+ how powerful MTK is now.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by oluwadaemilola: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
if you check the price of Mediatek device you will prefer to have
Abdstrakt:
We all know that Snapdragon chips are quite pricey compared to mediatek and this a a very valid reasons to stick with mediatek. However, the tech world is highly dynamic and it keeps on changing regularly, So it is very possible that in the future the situation could be different and Snapdragon will be the one doing the catch up.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by oluwadaemilola: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
youare so right about that
scarycuteface:
Most people.don't even know the difference. Most believe that as long as the phone can do basic things, it's good to go. MTK has and is improving, Snapdragon started from somewhere too. It's evident in the Tecno phantom 6+ how powerful MTK is now.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by oluwadaemilola: 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
funny but kind of true
excanny:

That's true. Most folks aren't bothered about technical debates.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by oluwadaemilola: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
Sure
Behankey:
Arguments supports both really. The MTK chips are cheap yet still gets the job done. The improvement over the years has been rampant too. I think it all depends on choices. As we all know that Tecno and the likes rule the Africa mobile market. MTK will be in use for long. Good news is, they will continue to innovate.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by oluwadaemilola: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
lol
DavidoArsenal:
Tecno
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by oluwadaemilola: 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
network problem right
teejaypee:
please who knows dafuq is wrong with Mtn's network
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by teejaypee: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
oluwadaemilola:
network problem right

Yeah
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
djeasy:

its depends and the Mtk cpu. Eg any phone with Mt6592 cpu does not produce much heat. (infinix hot Note)

we are saying same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBM For Android Is Here!!! Tecno Users See How You Can Come On. / Number One Best Selling Phone In September 2015 And Still Continue / Is It Possible To Have Your Whatsapp Status Checked Without Seeing The Viewer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.