Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,268 members, 7,853,327 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon (4716 Views)

The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. / Realme U1: World's First Mediatek-helio P70 Smartphone To Launch November 28. / Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Iamdemola:

Buy all these tweaking destroys warranty and expose the device to marlware attack.

How do you mean pls?
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Norman4real:
i beg to differ... While its true that mtk has a lot of low end chips doesn't mean it's not good for gaming. Look at the x20 mtk chip for example, it gives 10 cores, with frequencies of upto 2.4Ghz and Mali T880 mp8 GPU. How is that not suitable for gaming.

Are you for real? Thanks for this. I got misinformed then. I thought MTKs arent good for gaming o!
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
D4Daymoo:

How do you mean pls?

Once you remodify your device out of manufacturer's initial made, you expose it to virus attack , you obviously breaks the security wall and can be hard or never be repaired once faulty.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2017
Iamdemola:

Once you remodify your device out of manufacturer's initial made, you expose it to virus attack , you obviously breaks the security wall and can be hard or never be repaired once faulty.

Why do people still do it then?
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by ewizard1: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2017
Ok, so I read a comment that "Snapdragon would be doing a catch up with MTK!

ehen!!!

ngwa,kontinu!!!

Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by chicwoman(f): 10:38am On Mar 13, 2017
All this one na long story jare
I dont know what tecno uses but I like their phones. They're really good
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
Iamdemola:

it seems you don't know that android does not get infected by "virus" just malwares and they can be avoided if you know what you're doing I've rooted my phone for months now without any issues wink
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 17, 2017
Vasaratti16:
it seems you don't know that android does not get infected by "virus" just malwares and they can be avoided if you know what you're doing I've rooted my phone for months now without any issues wink

Viruses are malwares sir. And it's just that you are lucky, others are not as lucky as that.
Re: See This Nairalander's Reasons For Choosing Mediatek Over Snapdragon by Badookelzi(m): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2017
Mediatek is not bad at all. But it's our phone manufacturers that keep on using old mediatek chipset of 2012-2014 on their phones when there are capable mediatek mid-range chipset like MT6750, MT6737, helio p10, p20. Tecno makes matters worse, the MT6580 they used on tecno W4 is quite embarrassing.

The bottom line is that mediatek is a very good chip company and a direct competitor to Qualcomm. MTK chips are more cheaper than Qualcomm. But overall Qualcomm produces the better chipsets.

I would like companies like tecno, infinix to stick with MTK so their prices can be more reasonable, but at the same time should use better mid range chipset and not old chipset that were launched since 2012.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innjoo Leap 4 Windows Tablet Discussions Thread / Charging Phone First Time With Generator / TECNO L9 System Update......amdroid 8.0?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.