Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? (1678 Views)

Lapo Loan Funding In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn). / The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate / Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? by inoo(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2007
Is SME Funding in Nigeria a Fact or Fiction?

I was sourcing for Information on how and where Start up Entreprenurs can get funds to start and grow their business but I was met with very stiff opposition especially from Bankers I talked with, they seem to either know little about Funding Process or Application or most times not interested in such topics

And Above all, an average Nigerian dont believe that one can get a Micro or Macro Credit facility from any Bank in Nigeria

Is SME Funding in Nigeria a Fact or Fiction?

We welcome anyone with Useful Comments/Suggestions or information on this issue
Re: Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2007
it's a myth to be honest!

"oh go to the bank with your business plan and if its good they'll buy into it" yea right
"the govt approved XXmillions for sme this and that" yes they did but you'll never find it, esp if you a don't know anybody up there

Loans and funding in nigeria are not for starters or hungry people! they are for already established businesses or conected people! Even NGOs in nigeria source for "funds" from foreign organisations

you best bet is to approach individuals
Re: Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? by tEsLim(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2007
Its even easier for an NGO in nigeria to get funds from international organizations than our government.

Banks will tell u stories, worse they'll buy equity in the business. But its mostly businesses with existing assets.

I beg the situation is frustrating embarassed
Re: Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? by pallegrino(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2007
If its Nigerian govt forget about it . they just talk trash on air. if u want to start a business in our "fatherland" go to individuals . note banks are waste of time

(1) (Reply)

Can Creating Multiple Streams Of Passive Income Be Easier? / Order From Jumia And Get It Same Day / External Ceramic Wall Tiles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.