Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate (2838 Views)

Lapo Loan Funding In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn). / Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. / Is Sme Funding In Nigeria A Fact Or Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by oxax99(m): 8:58am On Aug 16, 2013
Good morning all,

Please how many of us know about and have information on crowd-funding?

I have had the opportunity to read up on Crowd-Funding and would like to know what members of this forum feel about it. Its viability, advantages and disadvanted and your likelihood of becoming a participant.

If you have a knowledge of its working and also its set-up structure, kindly respond too.

Your inputs will be acknowledged and appreciated.

Thank you.

Dextre101
Re: The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by crestime(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2013
There's a recent growing believe by netpreneurs that the time for crowd funding is now. that is the general believe in so many countries whose law tags it as illegal due to some old-before-internet age laws(dating back to 1930s)but only a few governments has been able to legalise crowd funding but not without stiff legal regulations. Trust internet entrepreneurs and their creativity. i later learnt that there was a little tweak in the crowd funding idea and something new was born. peer-to-peer lending. The concept is quite simple and while P2P lending remain legal, many governments have been trying to make regulations for it, some top countries have had their government's full backing(in the case of the us and great britain) while some are still trying to review laws to states its illegality. Even big corporations like google have have been investing heavy millions of dollars into P2P businesses. I have been opportuned to launch a startup P2P business on the internet but still struggling to make it lively so as to attract interest. There may be a good reason for this post and forumites coming together may be synergy needed to start something of this kind in Nigeria. waiting for more updates on this. thanks.
Re: The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by iyoema(m): 1:48am On Oct 05, 2013
Crowdfunding is describes as a collaborative process of financial support from a large group of individuals, usually via the internet, to fund a business, project or idea. Crowdfunding is an effective alternative method of raising finance for people with creative projects to fund their goals. It involves Soliciting and Collecting relatively small amounts of money from a large number of people . some of the player are www.kickstarter.com, www.indiegogo.com, www.rockethub.com, etc:
There are four basic types of crowdfunding, it depend on the type you interested to set up, they are:
• Donation-based
• Reward- based,
• Equity-based
• Lending or debt- based
Currently, I am planning to create online crowdfunding platform similar to Indieagogo/Kickstarter/Rockethub in Nigeria in order to boost small enterprises in the Country. I am looking for information on the licensing and legal needed to set up the platform. All that I needed to kick off the platform are ready such as domain, concept, website wireframe, marketing plan, and API but I still want to look into the legal issue and everything it takes before I officially launch the platform. It is time to be creative and think on how to improved our country in one area or the other and stop beating around the bush and wait for government to do all things. Please any body with useful information on legal issue concerning crowdfunding in Nigeria should post or drop your email and I will contact YOU through your mail. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by mikolo80: 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
GET 1 MILLION PPL TO INVEST 1NAIRA IN FISH POND OR poultry , EXPAND THEN BEGIN VERTICAL INTEGRATION AND FINALLY HORIZONTAL. AGRIC CAN ADD ANOTHER 1 TO 2 TRILLION TO OUR GDP THEN WE CAN START LOOKIN AT MANUFACTURIN,REAL ESTATE,TRANSPORT ENERGY ETC
Re: The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by hiibiz(m): 4:21am On Nov 21, 2014
iyoema has said it all about crowdfunding, I am an experienced crowdfunding consultant, started a franchise in january 2014 and we are planning to setup loan based crowdfunding and rebrand in 2015. We have funded two projects in Nigeria though not fully funded but they are not failed projects. There is no known law in Nigerian nor a government agency to regulate crowdfunding, but you can get regulated based on your activity.

I am always filled with joy when I see a startup company grow as a result of crowdfunding, an established company expand as a result of crowdfunding, an employee who handles all his financial needs as a result of crowdfunding. The kind of crowdfunding I am looking at operating will be loan based but will be beneficial to both the Business Owners (BO) and the investors. On the long term basis for the BO and sthort term basis for the investor. Mine will be quite different from what indigogo, kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms in the world offer. It will improving the quality of life in my community.

You can always consult me via 0809-371-8235,demandnature@gmail.com
Re: The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by Abrogeezy(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2015
Crowd funding is the way to go especially in Nigeria where access to loan to start up any business seems immpossible for the average Nigerian. A few ventures in the past started and folded up because they didn't have a solid structure nor blueprint for progress. But thank God this particular one has a growth plan and progress, with testimonies abounding more and more from those who have been greatly helped by it. Its called Goldmine Liberty Concept, duely registered with the CAC and has an office in Lagos @A ddress: Plot 377A, Omofade Crescent, Omole Estate, Ojodu Berger Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.

Check out my thread on nairaland for more info

https://www.nairaland.com/2317427/income-opportunities-nairalanders
Re: The Viability Of Crowd Funding In Nigeria - Will You Participate by Akdams(m): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
We Have Heard A Lot Of Theories And Analysis Of Crowdfunding Concept; Even On Nairaland But Yet To See One Being Practicalities.

This Crowdfunding Is Practical At Work.

GLC is an Equity-based crowd funding platform situate in Nigeria.

Our vision is to raise 1,000,000 entrepreneurs.
We have raised over 1,000+ already.

So wouldn't you rather join us for your business and project capital needs.

For further details or enquiries -

Tel/ Whatsapp - 08087329004
Email - akdam_multiwealth@yahoo.com