Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,204 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics (362 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Interview On Channels TV Politics Today With Seun Okinbaloye / Awo's Dysfunctional Legacy On Nigerian Politics / I Have Received Uncountable Insults Since I Joined Politics -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics by IsaacAdetunji1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
TEXACO: THE MAN THAT HOLD THE AXE IN EWEKORO.

Recently I was in Wasinmi, a sleepy town in ewekoro local government of ogun state for an assignment, in the evening my friend Ijaola Olubi took me to local beer parlour, and one thing lead to another we delved into political discourse, we talked about Buhari health, and from there jumped to the race for the oke-mosan government house, the man who was been address as BAALE, declared that for this local government(ewekoro) Texaco is our Jagaban. I was not really interested until when Olubi took me to ITORI headquarters of the local government and all what is on the lip of the people is Texaco whenever we discuss politics.
This time I decided to know more about Texaco, but how would I do it, a man I have insulted many times on Facebook? By I was determined, I sent a message to him requesting his phone number, to my surprise he Sent the number, I called and behold I meet myself sitting beside Adegboyega Otunba, yes the same Texaco, Kunle oil and gas business giant, politician and activist.
He warmly welcome me and went straight to why I was there, from business to music, politics and trust him he won't forget to discuss his family. I was eager to know why he was not in government despite his popularity, he said, The governor never break any law with his non appointment and without him the governor has been doing well which means there are many Kunle in Ogun state, he praised the governor for his efforts in infrastructure development especially in the area of road construction, he liking those that are criticizing the governor on his intention to construct a 10 lane road to a blind critics. On his involvement in the crisis that engulfed the state house of assembly during Gbenga Daniel regime, TEXACO insisted, nobody sponsored the group, he said their struggle was about Ogun state, so we need no one to sponsor us.
About his political future, he handed it over to God and his leader Ibikunle Amosun, a skilful politician he dodge every question about the next election, claiming is too early.
In conclusion, TEXACO is a politician to watch out for not only in ewekoro but ogun state as a whole.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will Not Speak To Nigerians From London – Femi Adesina / Courage To Stand Up And Be Counted / Kinsfield To Commence Gold Production In Kogi By Q4 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.