Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) (39128 Views)

Federal University Of Technology, Minna Increases Christians Student School Fees / More Photos From Riot In Uniagric Makurdi This Morning. School Closed Indefinite / Federal University Of Technology, Minna Gets New VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by morinto: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2017
Truman155:
in futminna anything you do they will threaten to seize your id card even bus driver or security will threaten you. it's high time the school authority realize that students are not their slaves
come out to protest when dey increase sch fees una nor agree. una said now only four thousand and sch feel with S.U.G president by demoting him by one level using e course registration as a medium and una keep quiet and u want make S.U.G function. my brother if now you u go do anything for student again.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Dondave11: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2017
OfficialNNB:

Please what's the name of the student
He's well known as ''YEYE''
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by DarkRider: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2017
U need to see the way students are treated in this school. Imagine a clinic where someone that's about to die has to produce Id card and medical records before being attended to, where a security man can stop you from writing exam for no reasonable reason...etc. the bullshit has gotten too much; at least this would reset their head

5 Likes

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Chinagurum1995(m): 1:15am On Feb 16, 2017
Hmmm how is that place burning why.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by ibolomo(m): 1:18am On Feb 16, 2017
HarunaWest:

lol
you surely dislike the system... i was like you.... but i just realized that it's part of every average Nigerians nature, some of this security people tend to be overzealous.
Prof Musbau Akanji has failed FUTMINNA, why so much Chaos during his tenure. He was busy doing useless stuff while students were suffering silently. I knew this sort of day would come, but i thought it would be nipped in the bud. i guess i was wrong.
It seems 'FRUSTRATION HAS FINALLY LED TO TENSION'
I pray for FUTMINNA

and before one can say Jack Roboskeshi, every Tom, Dick and Harry that was employed by the University to wash toilet (not that it is a bad profession tho) would say "Bring Your ID card, I will make sure you are expelled/suspended"

4 Likes

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by chiedu7: 1:23am On Feb 16, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

so wats ur point now?

ehn? elenu alufo!

My point is ask people in Nigeria who are the most violent.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by SolandS23: 1:24am On Feb 16, 2017
If this story is true, then it's really very scary.. Students should not promote violence.. sad
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by DarkRider: 1:27am On Feb 16, 2017
Nixiepie:
Na wao,so is burning down the clinic now the solution? May God help our youths sha
it's not the solution, but it's a solution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by joescot: 1:41am On Feb 16, 2017
Fabulosdave01:
NAwa o. North and wahala are like
Is u brain paining you..all the protest all over the country uni are all northern state right..see ur brain on the ground

1 Like

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by chiefolododo(m): 1:43am On Feb 16, 2017
I graduated from the school. The students have my approval this time around. Stupid doctors and nurses go dey form strong head for clinic . If it is possible burn them , roast them . They are useless. They are not live savers , they are higher killers

4 Likes

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Dondave11: 1:49am On Feb 16, 2017
DarkRider:
U need to see the way students are treated in this school. Imagine a clinic where someone that's about to die has to produce Id card and medical records before being attended to, where a security man can stop you from writing exam for no reasonable reason...etc. the bullshit has gotten too much; at least this would reset their head
@ bolded..So so true.. That reminds me of MAT216 when I was in 200l. A security stopped me frm writing d exam cos I wasn't with my current sch ID card.. Mine wasn't printed with my level And I've been using my yr1 id card o.. That fateful day,, dt security guy changed it for me.. I explained nd begged him.. for where,, He paid deaf ears to my plea.. Sch site again was effing up so I had to go back home to get my payment slip..

Mehn, when I got back, I was only able to answer d (a) part of just a single question when d time elapsed. That was d worst exam I've written in my life. Well, since he's a failure, he also wants me to be like him.. God forbid bad thing.. He is too small to make me fail.

I passed d course wit prayers.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Thecassanova: 1:52am On Feb 16, 2017
ibolomo:
I have heard for Bible study when pandemonium broke out. I helped myself by exiting the School through the back gate (before person go carry bottle break my innocent head).
I no dey go school tomorrow sef
You're still thinking about school? If I was is your shoe right now I'd be packing my backpack and I'll be traveling home first thing by 6am. Security agents in the morning would start going from hostel to hostel arresting male students.

I understand the frustatation FUtmina students faces having served there 2yrs ago. Buring of the clinic is not the solution as they're all still going to pay heavily for it. Talking about penny wise and pound foolish. It's a wrong wakeup call, but I understand the frustration. Death of a colleague due to been neglected by the people u term health practitional can be very upsetting.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by FREDDi(m): 1:53am On Feb 16, 2017
Yeah...i think it high time students speak up
The way we are being treated in this school is callious,
The medical staffs exhibit nonchalant attitudes towards their work,
The school security officers have turned threatening to a hobby,
The lecturers are not left out, they don't waste time in reminding u how your destiny lies in their hands...
The Worst and annoying part of it is the Man o War, *ucqin student in same shoe as you doing everything possible to intimidate, you will see em at the bus park flexing authority like it an occupation with well paid wages, giving emself funny names like General,
Can't say anything about the SUG, it's just a camouflage...
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by chiefolododo(m): 2:18am On Feb 16, 2017
Eyah , o ya e lenu
Deeypeey:
...burnt dowm school clinic ke?
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by chiefolododo(m): 2:22am On Feb 16, 2017
Na common sense make them burn the school clinic
brunofarad:
Chai

When will these students have comon sense

They will eventually come back and pay outrageous repatriation fees

smh

Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Ulrich01(m): 2:43am On Feb 16, 2017
This is nt new. Those useless nurse and doctors are really fond of acting sluggishly when it comes to emergency. Most esp the bosso campus. Gk is still trying sha. Rest in peace to the guy. I cant even begin to imagine what his parents and loved ones will be feeling right now. cry cry. So sad

But this damage ehh. Vc no go overlook am oo. Sm1 must pay for it

1 Like

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by TheVictorious(m): 2:44am On Feb 16, 2017
I could remember reading a post where one idiot claimed that unguided student actions like this is part of what makes OAU the best school in Nigeria. Can something like this happen in Harvard?
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by rifasenate11(m): 2:45am On Feb 16, 2017
morinto:

mind u am from Niger delta and most of the people here are Yoruba. so don't be very ignorant. is people like you that does not travel from your state but know how to post rubbish. if u really know the story or it happen to your friends u for post nonsense.

Duly noted.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by OSESUNATE(m): 2:46am On Feb 16, 2017
HarunaWest:
Oga which one is middle belt again, what are you saying?? Nigeria is divided into 6 political zones, NIger State falls under North central Nigeria. The major tribes in Niger include Nupe, Gbagyi, Hausa, Fulani et al. So what are you saying that Niger state aint northern?
Theres nothing like middle belt in niger state... if u said kogi or probably edo state or even Abuja but certainly not Niger state.
. Are you an Angolian? How on earth will you classify Edo state as middle belt?

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by chiefolododo(m): 3:07am On Feb 16, 2017
You guys should stay strong . If mr Akanji talk rubbish, he should be roasted too . Everybody must pay for the reconstruction of the clinic , including the VC .
Obidikejr:

Lol Na dah bosso bread just de boiz eyes since... Bread just de flow for back of schl.... RIP to him, I don't know him on a personal level but am sure I have seen him before. This is life.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by oseka101(m): 3:08am On Feb 16, 2017
Burn it to the ground. They should have even catch some of those staffs and give them beaten of their lives .... How i wish i was still in futminna this is what i love.. This is the only thing they will listen to....
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by vioment: 3:25am On Feb 16, 2017
Luck and long road for treating the injured during this period.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Mouthgag: 4:03am On Feb 16, 2017
Nixiepie:
Na wao,so is burning down the clinic now the solution? May God help our youths sha
Yes.
I think so.. very good move. Serves them right.

1 Like

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by calebokey45(m): 4:58am On Feb 16, 2017
Small riot we do for Uniport school go 3 months strike, these ones don go burn clinic, i smell 1 year strike grin grin
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by drtee247(m): 5:43am On Feb 16, 2017
IpobExposed:
Mynd44 and lalasticlala why should u post a news on front-page by this time. People who are sleeping if they wake up tomorrow how will they get the news.
Plus now is on front page many irrelevant people will rush to comment. There by occupying the space he was supposed to use in updating the complete info.

Did you just say many irrelevant people?? Bros receive sense
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by cbright4real(f): 5:47am On Feb 16, 2017
Burning d skul can't solve d problem. Rest in peace 2 d dead
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by cbright4real(f): 5:48am On Feb 16, 2017
Burning d skul clinic can't solve d problem. Rest in peace 2 d dead
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Fourwinds: 5:56am On Feb 16, 2017
this is foolishness
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by charlescarlos: 6:14am On Feb 16, 2017
Lagusta:

Minna, capital of niger state, is in the middle belt, and not in the core north... Their language is Nupe....

Don't label all states as northern states

Niger state is a "North Central" state. As such Niger state is a Northern state.There is nothing like middle belt in the 6 Geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by Blaqsuqar: 6:15am On Feb 16, 2017
Truman155:
this is a regular thing in futminna I was once chased out of the clinic because I didnot bring my school medical form when I was seriously ill I provided my school Id card as proof that I am a student they didnot attend to me. the way those doctors and nurses treat students it's as if their primary responsibility not to help the sick
Imagine a doctor following some useless protocol in an emergency situation in a supposedly higher institution of learning,imagine the attitude of the nurses and other staff,if the poor guy was a son of the matron there would he have been attended to on time??the problem with the black man is plain wickedness

3 Likes

Re: Riot In Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Clinic Burnt Down (Photos) by baslone: 6:22am On Feb 16, 2017
HarunaWest:
Oga which one is middle belt again, what are you saying?? Nigeria is divided into 6 political zones, NIger State falls under North central Nigeria. The major tribes in Niger include Nupe, Gbagyi, Hausa, Fulani et al. So what are you saying that Niger state aint northern?
Theres nothing like middle belt in niger state... if u said kogi or probably edo state or even Abuja but certainly not Niger state.

Edo? Oga how nah? No dey spread false knowledge!

Middle belt states are Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau, Taraba, Adamawa, Nasarawa as well as Niger State!

I know they have Hausa's as a tribe but not Fulani's. Both no be same thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yabatech Hnd(full & Part-time) & Nd(part-time) Admission For 2012/2013 / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi 'I Received Threats Since Undercover Investigation' / Unilorin Post UTME Cut - Off Mark For 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.