Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) (24690 Views)

Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) / Man's House Flooded In Benue In The Middle Of The Night. Photos / Fire Outbreak At DMGS Area, Onitsha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by Odkboy23(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
In everything we give glory to GOD almighty.
The fire I saw last night and the damages I saw this morning is nothing to write home about. Cars, Buses, Keke, Shops, Houses, etc all destroyed. Millions of naira lost in Onitsha.
Right now some people are homeless.
Some people are in a state of dilemma.
One lady said to me, "we've lost our father's house, the only property I have right now is this gown am wearing". What a pity!

Or is it that electronics shop? Or that keke in front of it ? Or total filling station? Or that 3 storey building ? Or the young boy that is yet to be found? Or the shops opposite Dwell filling station. Or that we fall victims in tw different ways ?
Which one is more important?
May God give everybody that is a victim of this accident the fortitude to bear the loss.

The Government and the Church really need to intervene.
[b][/b]Onitsha mourns

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by investnow2013: 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
The Unit Commander FRSC Onitsha ACC P.M AKPOTOBO, with the Sector Commander CC SM Ajayi and the Area commander Onitsha at the scene of the fire incident, performing crowd control. A fire accident so severe 15houses got burnt.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Imagine this clown. It was Anambra state fire-service that put off the fire. I have cousins, nephews and even immediate family in Onitsha who confirmed it.....

[s][/s]

Chino I don't know what's wrong with you or do you actually believe you know more than those directly affected? From all indication it took fire fighters and equipments from Asaba to control the fire. This should be acknowledged while Mazi Obiano is urged to lay more emphasis on safety as fire incidents have destroyed a lot in recent past across Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by investnow2013: 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
ONITSHA FIRE DISASTER AREA @ DMGS

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by LasGidiOwner: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
Abagworo you are insane. Where did you read that nonsense. ANS fire service stopped the fire.

Last month there was fire disaster in Owerri, it took the efforts of the Onitsha fire service that drove all the to Owerri to stop the fire escalation. But Okorocha would rather play politics with the lives of his people...

[s]
Abagworo:

Chino I don't know what's wrong with you or do you actually believe you know more than those directly affected? From all indication it took fire fighters and equipments from Asaba to control the fire. This should be acknowledged while Mazi Obiano is urged to lay more emphasis on safety as fire incidents have destroyed a lot in recent past across Anambra State.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by investnow2013: 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
It all started @ this petrol station

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by FKO81(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
NameChecker:

Developers Of Other People's Land are Yet to realize that Charity begins at home

Little mind

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
This is very bad of Onitsha
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by vboss(m): 1:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hope nothing happened to kamo plaza. Oboy
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by LasGidiOwner: 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2017
vboss:
Hope nothing happened to kamo plaza. Oboy

Nothing bro..

Anambra has one of the best fire services in Nigeria. Well trained personnel. What happened could be that the fire incident was not reported on time and it happened at the very odd time of the night. Don't mind what some i.diots are typing here....

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by holardemoranky(f): 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fire outbreak at Abaje orita challenge Ibadan, A tailor's shop dat is filled wit different types of machines,clothes,wedding gown etc.Got burnt without her removing a pin
God have mercy

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by kannyluv(f): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Imagine this clown. It was Anambra state fire-service that put off the fire. I have cousins, nephews and even immediate family in Onitsha who confirmed it..... Guy It wasnt Anambra but Asadu fire service that did the Job...your Relative was not there When It happen

[s][/s]
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by akigbemaru: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fire
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by maximanuel: 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
leisuretym:
all I see are brown roofs in IPOD HEADQUATER, more like a slum.. are those houses belong to the Yorubas?

rampart street, bad roads and okadas
This goddamn SOB needs to get a brain.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Why are some eediots saying what they didn't witness? Witnesses on radio this morning confirmed fire service from Okpoko came before those from Asaba and main market.

My condolence to those who lost a loved one or properties, gush this happened right in the Onitsha CBD, government must be more proactive.

No wonder the heavy traffic all over town last night because of the diversion of traffic from upper market road.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by leisuretym: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
maximanuel:

This goddamn SOB needs to get a brain.

Yeah, Son Of a Beach, always chilling there, no beach in IPOD headQ though!

NB: you mention me again with intention to insult me, you will die a miserable death. be warned!!
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by Osyabj: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fake media gov thief Obiano must be kicked back to Lagos in November governorship election. & never to return to Anambra. Thief obiano ur days in Ananbra are numbered
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by investnow2013: 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
» Fire razes 13 buildings, 10 vehicles, goods worths of N100 million in Onitsha Fire razes 13 buildings, 10 vehicles, goods worths of N100 million in Onitsha ON FEBRUARY 16, 2017 A night inferno on Wednesday razed a filling station, 10 vehicles, 13 buildings and other property worth millions of naira on Upper New Market Road in Onitsha. An eyewitness told newsmen on Thursday, that the fire started at about 8 p.m when an articulated vehicle, laden with petrol, fell inside Mobil filling station by Dennis Memorial Grammer School (DMGS) roundabout. According to the eyewitness, fuel from the tanker flowed down the road through the drainage, leading to the spread of the fire. The source said the inferno affected parts of a popular building known as Kamo plaza where two banks have offices but that minimal damages were recorded. Mrs Chinelo Onyeuna, a victim and Manager of Bencash Investment Nig. Ltd., a company dealing in electronics and furniture, said she lost items worth N100 million to the inferno. “We had so many goods worth over N100 million. Just look at our plaza, it has burnt down completely. fire “Government should stop all the people operating filling stations near residential buildings,” Onyeuna said. She appealed for assistance from the state government to cushion the effect of the fire. Another victim, Mrs Juana Oboli, from Onitsha, said she lost her residential building which she laboured for 12 years to build. Oboli, a widow and civil servant with the Nigerian Prison Service, Awka, also urged the state government to help her recover from her loss. “I struggled for more than 12 years to complete the house after I lost my husband; I want government to intervene because I don’t have anybody else to help me in this case,” Oboli said. Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer,(PPRO) for the police command in the state, ASP Nkeiruka Nwode, said three suspected hoodlums were arrested during an effort to quell the fire. “We only have five houses burnt, we have like 15 vehicles and five tricycles burnt. I want to thank God who did all these things possible that no life was lost. “We only had casualties who were taken to the hospital as at the time we were here last night. “I really want to advise the public that, they should help government for government to help them. “Some of these shanty houses around, some of these attachments could even be what ignited the fire the more,” she said. The Executive Director of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Dr Paul Odenigbo, explained that the fire service responded early enough to the inferno. Odenigbo said fire fighters from Asaba were called in to assist those from Onitsha and Okpoko when SEMA exhausted its water. “The incident happened about 8 p.m when the tanker coming from Awka road, Onitsha was negotiating the DMGS roundabout and lost control inside the Mobil filling station. “One of the fuel dispensers later caught fire which spread down the road, destroying vehicles and buildings,” he said. He said those 13 houses, 10 vehicles, three tricycles and three filling stations: Mobil, MRS and Total filling stations were affected by the fire.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/fire-razes-13-buildings-10-vehicles-goods-worths-n100-million-onitsha/
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by investnow2013: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Oseloka Obaze visited the scene of the horrific fire accident at the Oguta Road Awka road junction at Onitsha that destroyed a petrol station, and several homes and businesses. He commiserate with the victims of this unfortunate incident

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by investnow2013: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Oseloka Obaze visited the scene of the horrific fire accident at the Oguta Road Awka road junction at Onitsha that destroyed a petrol station, and several homes and businesses. He commiserate with the victims of this unfortunate incident

Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by MrGerald(m): 8:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
leisuretym:
all I see are brown roofs in IPOD HEADQUATER, more like a slum.. are those houses belong to the Yorubas?

rampart street, bad roads and okadas
You should be ashamed of yourself coming from the part of the country that brown roofs adorned their landscape, u saw abt 2 old roof, which even in the sense of your pple are still very new, and you're opening your mouth, and where did bad roads? anu.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
Op na my area b dat oooo although am not currently in onitsha but I hope d fire didn't touch kamo plaza...

Rip to the dead gal and to those dat lost their property may the good lord console them to bear the lost.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by leisuretym: 7:48am On Feb 18, 2017
MrGerald:
You should be ashamed of yourself coming from the part of the country that brown roofs adorned their landscape, u saw abt 2 old roof, which even in the sense of your pple are still very new, and you're opening your mouth, and where did bad roads? anu.

Anu Ofihia!! stop disturbing my mention, Onye nemu nsogbu!
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
investnow2013:
ONITSHA ON FIRE.... Yesterday night, some minutes after the hour of 8, a fuel tanker offloading at Mobil fuel station, DMGS roundabout bursted and HELL was let loosed....
The lorry is fallen; it doesn't look like it was discharging fuel.

I gathered that a fuel-carrying lorry was avoiding hitting another vehicle, but in the process somersaulted into a refuel station.

The driver got off the truck and was shouting, "I carry fuel," which allowed people the opportunity to escape before the truck exploded in raging flames.

Many buildings and vehicles were torched. The fire skipped two buildings as fire entered other buildings through fuel running in the drainage system, and stopped at the structure just before Kamo Plaza.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by MrGerald(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
leisuretym:

Anu Ofihia!! stop disturbing my mention, Onye nemu nsogbu!
na your Igbo girlfriend teach you this one abi you type with Google?
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by leisuretym: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2017
MrGerald:

insi gini? i spent 12years in the east
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by leisuretym: 9:26am On Feb 22, 2017
MrGerald:

biko, nna ga office.
Re: Aftermath Of Fire Incident At DMGS, Onitsha Last Night (Photos) by MrGerald(m): 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
leisuretym:

biko, nna ga office.
Daddy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Erosion: Houses In Buzugbe Street In Delta Set To Collapse, Residents Cry Out / Benue Flooding: Torrential Rain Floods Homes In Makurdi / How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.