Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) (59019 Views)

A Farmer Proudly Displays His Harvest And Yam Barn / Proud Daughter Shares Photos Of Her Dad,his Bountiful Barn(a Wake Up Call) / Purchase Yam Tubers, Oranges, Livestock From The Source SUPER-CHEAP!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by mechanics(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
wow, great initiative
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Isiokpukpu(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Mehn, this reminded me of my grandfather. angry angry. Good old days we work in the farm 6-6
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by brojoshua: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
Good yam is needed in European countries and so let him export some of his yam tubers to earn foreign currencies.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by AbiolaEsq(f): 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
Good one. May we get abundant food in this country.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by nabegibeg: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Meajor:
Nice one...meself na, with cassava I wan do my own...sorry when I say cassava, I mean cassava not the other thing that has been substituted to mean cassava.. grin

Oga cassava barns don't exist
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Ozitocute(f): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
wasting of food in dis recession
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
vicadex07:
Just 420...yam wey nogo reach him family for one month.

I'm confused on what the igbos are celebrating here..

undecided
Are you so uninformed that you can't decipher that Cross River-Calabar has nothing to do with Igbo? Go and get a 20 leaves to re-learn your States and capital. Tribal bigot
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by agabaI23(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
440 tubers is getting a chietancy? Then most men in Ebonyi state central and North would be chiefs and others will get higher titles
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by shuggah(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
Dhayor001:
Great idea.

But tell me what you gonna do when the rats come for you.
from d time of my grandfathers,there has been no issue of rats eating yams stored in barns. can u pls learn to appreciate good things.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by egutexas(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Dat's a good innovation,dat man is probably from ugep I guess,nyce one
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Klinee: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
the yam is too small now, my grand father has a barn of 10000 tubers of yam
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Btruth: 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
Impressive! Like a wine collection....lol.

grin
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by wittyz20(m): 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
My dad own use to b 1k plus.... it not funny,.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Chiefobdk1: 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
I recommend the op find a good book to improve his reasoning anf and thinking....

The yam in d barn is more than 440
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Chiefobdk1: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
omega25red:
waste of food.

Actually this is the best way to store yam.... We had dis back then my dad was a serious farmer..
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by guychidile: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nice for him oo.,even government suppose give him loan without interest.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Chiefobdk1: 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
234ng44uk:
Someone please substitute "tubers" for seedlings. Those dwarf yams don't deserve "tubers".

Dats d specie.... In Nnewi we call it.. JI ABI

Dat normal big one we call it. . JI OCHA
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
dis aint news....i dn see d 1 pass dis 1..e dey happen no b 2day.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Chiefobdk1: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
ElPhoche:

Are you so uninformed that you can't decipher that Cross River-Calabar has nothing to do with Igbo? Go and get a 20 leaves to re-learn your States and capital. Tribal bigot

When i say afonjas are the most uninformed tribe in nigeria. . Y'all think i make vain statement
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
This one is strong ooooh
Isn't the man aware that goats feed on yam
I see that fence being demolished in the next one week.... LOL
Besides, donating the tubers to the needy isn't a bad idea and that could have earn him a title equally.

#Orisirishi
#VillageGoatsNoSendMbok!
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by tk4rd: 6:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
vicadex07:
Just 420...yam wey nogo reach him family for one month.

I'm confused on what the igbos are celebrating here..

undecided
THERE ARE UP TO 2000 YAMS FROM THE PICTURES ALONE.
AND THIS DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A CHIEFTAINCY TITLE TAKING CEREMONY TO ME.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by enomakos(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
The yams are over a thousand not 440
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by 234ng44uk(m): 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
Okay. I never knew it's a species thing.
Chiefobdk1:

Dats d specie.... In Nnewi we call it.. JI ABI

Dat normal big one we call it. . JI OCHA
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by fowosh: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
if it were to b snakes...I trust lalasticlacla
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Raintaker(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
Billyonaire:
Picture yourself with a keg of palmwine, holding a glass of palmwine, sitting in the shade with walls of tubers of yam, with bellows of smokes of weed emanating from your nostrils. You indeed are the greatest farmer communing with spirits of our ancestors and the Gods of our land.
;Now I know d source of your inspiration grin
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Raintaker:
;Now I know d source of your inspiration grin

Now that you believe that you know, then get inspired lets compare notes, after which you will decide, if we are actually inspired by the same thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Raintaker(m): 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Billyonaire:

Now that you believe that you know, then get inspired lets compare notes, after which you will decide, if we are actually inspired by the same thing.
I'm game.
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Gfish: 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
See yam like potatoes. My 3boys go finish the barn in 3days
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by fexichi(f): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
Reminds me of me dear grandpas barn. It was always a cool place to visit. Yams of different sizes stacked the length and breadth of the place. You dont dare play in his barn.

RIP grandpa...
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by Iphe56: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
But some ppl are looking for food to eat o
One man is using it for fence
And will d yam not decay
I'm not understanding
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by seunfape(m): 7:08am On Feb 17, 2017
rusher14:

Bravo.
Must be Ogoja or its environs.
yes either Benue or kogi man
Re: Man Who Built Barn With 440 Yam Tubers Gets Chieftaincy Title (Photos) by onyeoma50: 7:11am On Feb 17, 2017
make winning a habit with us at smartbet. be part of our winning team. interested in our today's (17/02/2017) sure fixed games of correct score and halftime/fulltime with no chance of losing? see photo below for contact details...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How to Build A Grasscutter Cage / Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria / Somebody Poisoned Our Farm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.