Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Tincan Port Congestion - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tincan Port Congestion (18313 Views)

Unbelievable: Bluetooth Device Will Help Motorist To Avoid Traffic Congestion / A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle At TINCAN PORT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ain't we in a Country were every nonsense comes and takes a seat?
CTN? Well i know that ssomeday, we will have the opportunity to decide and handle our fate!!

As for Politicians cashing in on the boom at the wharfs to make money, time and situation will decide ur case
That is why we are an import dependent country!! We never learn!!!
Fhemmy,
Its just one of those things. . . . . i had to arrange to send another $400 for the CTN nonsense!!
I am still thinking and wracking my brain on where to make up for this dirty lapse!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2010
Emperoh:

Fhemmy,
Its just one of those things. . . . . i had to arrange to send another $400 for the CTN nonsense!!
I am still thinking and wracking my brain on where to make up for this dirty lapse!!!

I just tire oh, cos i am not an advocate of muscling the customers, cos i think they are pay so much already when u add shipping and clearing to the cost of cars, and with some CTN Nonsense, however, at the end of the day, the customer will have to pay some of the new fee and our office will pick half as well . . . . . I think that is a fair deal.
But on the ones that we have sealed and signed a deal already, i wont wanna go to my clients and ask for more money, so i guess, i just have to be thankful that i still have a business.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
Luniyi_Glo:

@adexfem

That was my wife that called this evening regarding the question about clearing trucks. . .

What is funny and very ironic is that you can provide us importers on this thread with the link to Customs website to read about and calculate duty charges yet you can't answer a SIMPLE question regarding the charges by 5 Star Logistics? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Is this Advanced Calculus or Rocket Science that 5 Star Logistics have used to prepare charges that I can't a SIMPLE question answered? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  Or is it that that you agents conspire with 5 Star Logistics? ? ? ? ? ?  I think I already know the answer to my question.   angry   angry   angry

@luniyi thats interesting, anyway as per fivestar, we are in the same position cos i have pondered on this issue several times.I have the information your wife requested for.Will be expecting her call. cool
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
@luniyi thats interesting, anyway as per fivestar, we are in the same position cos i have pondered on this issue several times.I have the information your wife requested for.Will be expecting her call. cool

My wife said she tried your number but you no dey pick your phone. . . Abi you dey watch the game? Ghana is spanking us anyway, abeg pick the phone. . .
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
@adexfem

My wife has convinced me to use you oo, she said you sound clear-headed, I already know that NO clearing agent is honest (at least none that I have come across), that is why you will never catch me shaking a clearing agent’s hand (no way grin), you never know how many importers that agent has used those very same hands to thief from.

Anyway, I will send you the telex now, now I know that the truck may have entered demurrage, but I am counting on you to be truthful (and go against normal clearing agents practices) and not connive with 5 Star Logistics so that I can make you our new clearing agent because we dey change agents very frequent, we dey change am like motor oil (every 3,000 miles cool). . .

I am a neutral party and will surely post the outcome of our dealings on this thread, so let’s put you to the test and see if you can for once disprove the name that clearing agents have disgracefully given themselves…
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by ChiChi77: 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
^^Nobody is perfect but @Adexfem is one of the best. He will tell you what he is charging, no other hidden charges. Lets try to give credit where credit is due. Some clearing agents will tell u one thing and call u back later and tell u to pay more due to bla bla bla, But at least Femi will tell u what he is charging upfront, take it or leave it.

If you find somebody cheaper, it's all good too, it's all commerce!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2010
luniyi_glo, look forward to your updates abt adexfem
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
Luniyi_Glo:

My wife said she tried your number but you no dey pick your phone. . . Abi you dey watch the game? Ghana is spanking us anyway, abeg pick the phone. . .

abio,its a pity Ghana con wire us .
We actually discussed this evening, waiting for the telex copy and the other docs.

Luniyi_Glo:

@adexfem

My wife has convinced me to use you oo, she said you sound clear-headed, I already know that NO clearing agent is honest (at least none that I have come across), that is why you will never catch me shaking a clearing agent’s hand (no way grin), you never know how many importers that agent has used those very same hands to thief from.

Anyway, I will send you the telex now, now I know that the truck may have entered demurrage, but I am counting on you to be truthful (and go against normal clearing agents practices) and not connive with 5 Star Logistics so that I can make you our new clearing agent because we dey change agents very frequent, we dey change am like motor oil (every 3,000 miles cool). . .

I am a neutral party and will surely post the outcome of our dealings on this thread, so let’s put you to the test and see if you can for once disprove the name that clearing agents have disgracefully given themselves…

grin, am sure your mind set will change soon, you wont need to be changing agents like motor oil again cool.

Chi_Chi77:

^^Nobody is perfect but @Adexfem is one of the best. He will tell you what he is charging, no other hidden charges. Lets try to give credit where credit is due. Some clearing agents will tell u one thing and call u back later and tell u to pay more due to bla bla bla, But at least Femi will tell u what he is charging upfront, take it or leave it.

If you find somebody cheaper, it's all good too, it's all commerce!

my dear sister, thanks for the comment, you are wonderful.Hope they wont say i am giving you kick- back too.
cool

canadacarz, you will soon hear the good news.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2010
abio,its a pity Ghana con wire us  .

Well at least we know now that its not only with better roads, better government, and constant light that Ghana betta pass us wit. . .

Sack the fat loser coach and use younger players with more hunger is what I propose. . .

We actually discussed this evening, waiting for the telex copy and the other docs.

You've got mail . . .
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 12:28am On Jan 29, 2010
I think we need to be careful of how we label people and their services . . . . .if anyone has anything incriminating on Adexfem, i think will be fair to say it out and let us all knows, else, no need to term everyone as bad . . . . .America just labelled NIgeria as terrorism states and we all never liked it.
So let us do unto others as we wanna be done to.
I have been using Adexfem and like i have said, no regrets so fat and i am sure he wont disappoint me.

Adexfemi . . . .how we gonna deal with this CTN oh . . . . .biz gotta continue oh.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 8:46am On Jan 29, 2010
Ade
whats the situ at the wharf? Congestion wise?
Eased out or still like before?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 9:58am On Jan 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I think we need to be careful of how we label people and their services . . . . .if anyone has anything incriminating on Adexfem, i think will be fair to say it out and let us all knows, else, no need to term everyone as bad . . . . .America just labelled NIgeria as terrorism states and we all never liked it.
So let us do unto others as we wanna be done to.
I have been using Adexfem and like i have said, no regrets so fat and i am sure he wont disappoint me.

I’m not sure if this comment was in response to my recent comments but I will respond anyway by saying the following.  As I stated before, I am a neutral party and I will surely post the outcome of my dealings with Adexfem on this thread. . .  If it’s a positive experience I will surely post it. . .

Please keep in mind that I have been exporting and selling trucks for the past three years, furthermore, I didn’t just wake up one morning and start labeling most Naija clearing agents as dubious characters the same way the United States of America did not just wake up one morning and start labeling Nigeria as possibly harboring Islam extremist/terrorist.  I would challenge anyone to argue why Americans didn’t have a right to think what they do, it may not be fair and we may not like it, but we as Nigerians just have to “suck it up” and deal with it because there is a very valid argument as to why that label or generalization was placed on our country.  This is a simple concept that holds the same for any person, country or profession.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
Luniyi_Glo:

I’m not sure if this comment was in response to my recent comments but I will respond anyway by saying the following.  As I stated before, I am a neutral party and I will surely post the outcome of my dealings with Adexfem on this thread. . .  If it’s a positive experience I will surely post it. . .

Please keep in mind that I have been exporting and selling trucks for the past three years, furthermore, I didn’t just wake up one morning and start labeling most Naija clearing agents as dubious characters the same way the United States of America did not just wake up one morning and start labeling Nigeria as possibly harboring Islam extremist/terrorist.  I would challenge anyone to argue why Americans didn’t have a right to think what they do, it may not be fair and we may not like it, but we as Nigerians just have to “suck it up” and deal with it because there is a very valid argument as to why that label or generalization was placed on our country.  This is a simple concept that holds the same for any person, country or profession.

You are one the many that i have so much respect for.
The comment was not cos of your statement . . . . . .I remain loyal oh
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Adexfemi . . . .how we gonna deal with this CTN oh . . . . .biz gotta continue oh.

Femo, the Cargo Tracking Note is very real, we just gat to carry on.
The right was given to one company in Belgium (TPMS).

Emperoh:

Ade
whats the situ at the wharf? Congestion wise?
Eased out or still like before?

@Emperoh, Five Star Terminal still remains congested, will couple of vessels awaiting berthing instructions.
The terminal has remain crowded for the past two months.

There is a little bit of rush at the PTML terminal too.

container terminals are normal, as well as the loose cargo terminals.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You are one the many that i have so much respect for.
The comment was not cos of your statement . . . . . .I remain loyal oh

My bad bro… Accept my apologies, I didn’t know you were speaking in general…  Also, I may have you to thank as things seem to be going well (so far so good) with Adexfem.

I am happy to report that the clearing work is ongoing, but Adexfem has already earned kudos for pointing out a correction in what I initially thought was the vessel that carried our tipper.  I initially thought our tipper was on the Hoegh Kusan which berthed Jan 11th and thought I would have to pay some demurrage because I received the telex late from my freight forwarder.  As it turned out my tipper was actually on the Hoegh Delhi which berthed today (according to Adexfem).  I didn’t even pay attention to the telex because in my mind I was bracing myself to pay demerge charges.  I am glad for Adexfem that pointed this out to my wife and I. . .  This means no demurrage. . .  grin  grin  grin

My other clearing agent (that greedy thief) was calling my wife late last week for the telex because he thought our tipper was on the Hoegh Kusan and he probably had already started planning how he would hand us a hefty demurrage bill.  We told the other clearing agent to go jump off a cliff. . .  Thanks Fhemmmy, and thanks Adexfem, and hopefully the report at the end will be good. . .  wink
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 2:39am On Feb 03, 2010
My brother, no need to apologize, we all human and learn by the day.
I am sure Adexfem will do a good job . . . . good luck.
Hope he will have time time for my rides that will be landing soon . . . . .hope you will give him some time to work for me too oh . . . . wink
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 10:06am On Feb 03, 2010
Someone correct me pls. . . . .feelers say the CTN policy will go into effect from March?
How true or False?
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by LuniyiGlo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 03, 2010
Emperoh:

Someone correct me pls. . . . .feelers say the CTN policy will go into effect from March?
How true or False?

@ Emperoh

My freight fowarder stated the same thing to me earlier this week when I e-mail him last week regarding the vessel my truck was on. . .  He said they are delaying the CTN policy untill March 1st, he said that he doesn't have the official confirmation but he told me he will let me know as soon as it is officially confirmed.  I will ask him for an update today. . .

I hope this helps. . .
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
I pray this is true
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
Luniyi, Fhemmy

Yes. . . . .i can confirm same here. . . the thing is, from 11/01/10, any cargo and shipper is meant to obtain the CTN
But in the event u don't, u will not be fined or liable to any fine until after 1/03/2010.
After March 1, 2010, any Bill or Laden without a corresponding CTN,
will be liable to a fine. . . . .i hope u understand my little incoherent grammar!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Emperoh:

Luniyi, Fhemmy

Yes. . . . .i can confirm same here. . . the thing is, from 11/01/10, any cargo and shipper is meant to obtain the CTN
But in the event u don't, u will not be fined or liable to any fine until after 1/03/2010.
After March 1, 2010, any Bill or Laden without a corresponding CTN,
will be liable to a fine. . . . .i hope u understand my little incoherent grammar!!

Thanks
Just got off the phone with my Shipper too and they said, you wont even be able to get your BOL if the CTN was not done by the time all has been enforced.
Do you know that Cotonue has always charging the CTN, but just like 48$ compared to the 400$ of Nigeria and yet we have ports that are still not functioning.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Fhemmy, pls lets stop the mud splashing. its obvious to all dat u get a cheaper clearing from adexfem by singing his praises and by the way you are in spain but claiming american residence? HE DAT COMES TO EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Rothstein: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Fhemmy, pls lets stop the mud splashing. its obvious to all dat  u get a cheaper clearing from adexfem by singing his praises and by the way you are in spain but claiming american residence? HE DAT COMES TO EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2010
Rothstein:

@Fhemmy, pls lets stop the mud splashing. its obvious to all dat u get a cheaper clearing from adexfem by singing his praises and by the way you are in spain but claiming american residence? HE DAT COMES TO EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS!

My guy, i am not Fhemmy but i am getting suspicious with ur continued attack on Adex and Fhemmy?
Its even worse when u mask under the name of exposing dubious clearing agent to mount unwarranted attack on these two people?
Pse telll this house what you are losing having Fhemmy deal with Adex? What are your special interests?
And who cares if Fhemmy is conducting his business in Haiti? D important thing is what u have done; and that is alerting people about fraudulent clearing agents? Now attacking two people and maintaining such attack is one step too much and very unbecoming of someone claiming what u claim to be!

My dear, we are too exposed to fall victim to your whims. . . . .if Ade and Fhemmy are fraudulent people, be sure they will be harangued off this site for good even if they return with another user name. . . . so stop making a mule out of a mole hill!!
If u have any vested interest that was truncated by the activities of these two Messrs, pls come up with it and lets trash it out!!!
Its cowardice to keep doing what you do!!

Ka Chineke mezie OKWU!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
Rothstein:

@Fhemmy, pls lets stop the mud splashing. its obvious to all dat  u get a cheaper clearing from adexfem by singing his praises and by the way you are in spain but claiming american residence? HE DAT COMES TO EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS!

[b]Waoh . . . .so interesting.

I guess with you have just said, that means, i shd dust my passport, cos i will soon be on my way to Spain, that means, soon, we will be buying rides in Spain and shipping to Nigeria.

Thanks for the prophecy . . . . .we love you sir, and appreciate your business.
Now just in case you wanna know, lemme tell you why i sing praises of Adexfem:
1. The dude will go to my representatives and collect the BOL ( Free of Charge)
2. The dude clear my ride and deliver to my representatives ( Free of Charge)
3. The Dude even get me buyer when he has one
4. The dude is a name sake
5. He is a man with great head on his shoulder and not a tout in the park and i do like to support pple like that.
6. He is proffessional in his dealings
7. I make friends while i do business.
8. One good turn deserves another.
9. Only a selfish people will see something good and wont tell others.
10. Soon, you (Rothstein) will soon become my agent in Nigeria and be working for us and that will give you the opportunity to know all you wanna know about us.

Once again, we love you and we appreciate you.
We are not perfect and we are yet to master the business, but one thing we do, we keep learning from the best in the game like:
Inspired_M
Chief Jenju
Emperor
German007
Siena
Nyrol
Adexcars
Carshoppers
And all others that we forgot their names, but know themselves.

Emperor, thank you for getting my back, may the good Lord shine his face upon you.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Emperoh(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
Fhemmy

Nothing to worry about. . . .dude is crying more than the bereaved!!
And i wonder if he is true to what he claims he stands for. . . . if u and Adex don deny am business, abeg make una tell us grin grin
At least i would know why he's so bent on discrediting someone!!!
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
Emperoh:

Fhemmy

Nothing to worry about. . . .dude is crying more than the bereaved!!
And i wonder if he is true to what he claims he stands for. . . . if u and Adex don deny am business, abeg make una tell us grin grin
At least i would know why he's so bent on discrediting someone!!!

I just tire oh, my brother.
But no ill feelings still.
We hope that biz will pick up soon oh
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 7:28am On Feb 05, 2010
Mr Rothstein, i can see you are now digressing from your initial point that almost all clearing agents are cheats.You are now accusing Mr Phemmy who is not a clearing agent but an importer like you.Its unfair.     
Please kindly spare Phemmy, i am sure he will always praise me as long as i continue to render good quality services to him.
I am interested in your experience with your clearing agent, kindly give us full details of how your agent cheated you and probably people here can advise you to forestall future occurrence. cool                       

abi your vehicle was seized by the customs lipsrsealed

Femo, no lele, will give a call on the pathfinder cool
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by EVERWIN(m): 2:43am On Feb 06, 2010
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Feb 06, 2010
adexfem:

Femo, no lele, will give a call on the pathfinder cool

I beg call Abbey, he has the BOL with him already and i am hoping the ship would berth next week, but you are the man, so i wont teach you how to do your job, but make we bring am out quicker than ever.
Call me for the Pathfinder, and we will make it happen.
Respect.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by adexfem(m): 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I beg call Abbey, he has the BOL with him already and i am hoping the ship would berth next week, but you are the man, so i wont teach you how to do your job, but make we bring am out quicker than ever.
Call me for the Pathfinder, and we will make it happen.
Respect.

Gotten in touch, the vessel should berth tomorrow or next.Sure, will get the car out sharp-sharp, my chairman.
Re: Tincan Port Congestion by Fhemmmy: 5:20am On Feb 08, 2010
adexfem:

Gotten in touch, the vessel should berth tomorrow or next.Sure, will get the car out sharp-sharp, my chairman.

Thanks jare . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

His Honda Cross Tour Was Snatched In Abuja - Please Help / How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.