Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? (18319 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Please Be Careful With This Mechanic Man!!! / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 7:02pm On Sep 27, 2023
I'm currently in a very bad situation right now with a technician I trusted and relied on.

I met him on Nairaland many years ago and have fixed a few cars requiring minor fixes(legs) with him.

I handed over a client's car to him since January to fix a wiring issue that was draining battery and not making car to start.

For several months, it was all manner of stories and excuses I kept hearing.

I was in the hospital for a month and just straight from the hospital with my surgical stitches fresh on me, I had to get someone to drive me to him as he claimed car was ready for pick up only for me to get there and car wasn't starting and this man disappeared and wouldn't pick my calls all through my time at his workshop.

After over an hr of waiting, I left. Same thing repeated itself another day again. To cut a long story right now, I have suffered serious reputational damage with my client who owns the car as he has totally lost confidence in me.

As I speak, it's 9 months and nothing to show for it. The said technician doesn't even pick my calls when I call him, neither does he bother to return my calls.

I've been calling for over a week now and he completely ignores my call. I'm really at a loss to how to handle this.

In my many years of selling cars, nobody has tried this nonsense with me.

Not even road side mechanics. 9 fucking months and nothing to show for it. I've had several clients wanting to buy the car but have lost every opportunity to sell the said car as it's not been fixed for 9 months.

Pls, I'd really appreciate input from the house.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Vicloteck(m): 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
Move the car from the mechanic place and find another competent mechanical . One thing about cars are the more it stay on a spot without being moved , the more it deteriorate . The mechanic has wasted your time already .

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by jackmrandy: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
If you have another key to the car, go move the car out from his workshop. Get another competent technician to come fix it at your yard. If you have paid him before, look for a way to retrieve your money. And also before you move the car out from his workshop, check if all parts are still intact..

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Omuuvwie(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
Oga go and get toying van to move the car from there if it refuse to start. Then come back to get your money.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by kernniejay(m): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2023
chronique:
I'm currently in a very bad situation right now with a technician I trusted and relied on. I met him on Nairaland many years ago and have fixed a few cars requiring minor fixes(legs) with him.
If you dont move your car out of his workshop on time, he will start removing parts from your car to fix other people's car. If he doesn't remove parts from it, his colleagues who have seen your car stranded with him for so long will secretly be harvesting parts from your car to fix others. Find every means to remove your car either by force or by fire.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by baconline(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
What type of car

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
baconline:
What type of car

A Mercedes Benz gl450 4matic

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
kernniejay:

If you dont move your car out of his workshop on time, he will start removing parts from your car to fix other people's car. If he doesn't remove parts from it, his colleagues who have seen your car stranded with him for so long will secretly be harvesting parts from your car to fix others. Find every means to remove your car either by force or by fire.

Ok
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
Omuuvwie:
Oga go and get toying van to move the car from there if it refuse to start. Then come back to get your money.

OK. Thanks
jackmrandy:
If you have another key to the car, go move the car out from his workshop. Get another competent technician to come fix it at your yard. If you have paid him before, look for a way to retrieve your money. And also before you move the car out from his workshop, check if all parts are still intact..

OK. Thanks
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
Vicloteck:
Move the car from the mechanic place and find another competent mechanical . One thing about cars are the more it stays on a spot without being moved , the more it deteriorate . The mechanic has wasted your time already .

Thanks
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by preekahantas(f): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
Burn the car at night when nobody is about.
Show up the next morning for your car and involve the Police immediately. Now the problem is no longer parts or fixing, he will either pay for the full car or rot in jail.

Happy sales boss.
No forget your baby girl. kiss

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by BRATISLAVA: 1:56am On Sep 28, 2023
A car has legs? What sort of car is this?

Of course you have this complaint if your technician tells you that your car has legs in need of fixing. Legs.

met him on Nairaland many years ago and have fixed a few cars requiring minor fixes(legs) with him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:56am On Sep 28, 2023
I saw a scene in Nollywood movies today when a car owner was quarrelling with a mechanic that held his car for 3 months, my thoughts are how is it possible

18 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 7:23am On Sep 28, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
A car has legs? What sort of car is this?

Of course you have this complaint if your technician tells you that your car has legs in need of fixing. Legs.

That’s obviously technicians slang for the suspension and I'm very sure you know that.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 7:24am On Sep 28, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
I saw a scene in Nollywood movies today when a car owner was quarrelling with a mechanic that held his car for 3 months, my thoughts are how is it possible

My brother, the thing tire me.
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by nurey(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2023
You really disappoint me sha. Find two boys to accompany you go to his workshop unannounced, if he runs your two bot will join you in the chase to grab him. Make a fuse, take him to police and let them sort it out.

Or

Carry police or Army with tow truck, carry every available tools that can enter the Benz, anything valuable minus customer properties sha. All tools you can lay your hands on if you see his children and wife too, carry them join grin he will beg you to take your money las las and nah him go dey find you.

Or

You can pay for my services, I do shake down and debt collection from people for a living tongue

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by chronique(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2023
nurey:
You really disappoint me sha. Find two boys to accompany you go to his workshop unannounced, if he runs your two bot will join you in the chase to grab him. Make a fuse, take him to police and let them sort it out.

Or

Carry police or Army with tow truck, carry every available tools that can enter the Benz, anything valuable minus customer properties sha. All tools you can lay your hands on if you see his children and wife too, carry them join grin he will beg you to take your money las las and nah him go dey find you.

Or

You can pay for my services, I do shake down and debt collection from people for a living tongue

He's workshop is actually in the airforce mechanic village and as such, I have to show some level of respect and decorum in handling the matter. I've reported to the assistant chairman of the base but nothing meaningful has come out of it. Still same flimsy excuses from day one.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by nurey(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2023
chronique:

He's workshop is actually in the airforce mechanic village and as such, I have to show some level of respect and decorum in handling the matter. I've reported to the assistant chairman of the base but nothing meaningful has come out of it. Still same flimsy excuses from day one.

Nah why he dey misbehave, take your vehicle away to a more reputable mechanic and cut your losses

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by BRATISLAVA: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
chronique:

That’s obviously technicians slang for the suspension and I'm very sure you know that.

I have never heard such a term before. Cars with legs.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Deeprooted: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
grin
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by DebbieNotNice: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
Beat him up
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Searchingvictor: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
undecided
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Xewlo(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
That's wickedness
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by YungTemy(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
9 months?... woman for don get belle, born pikin by then now. Which way bros?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by tojahh(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2023
grin
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Nackzy: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2023
Those guys are terrible terrible terrible
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by GanagiBitrus: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2023
Just go to his workshop, wait for him to show up & collect back the car. Then look for a competent mech. Simple.
Or are you saying he has absconded with the car/key?
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
9 months?!
Person wey get belle dat time,
go don born pikin by now o shocked

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by Westerhoffe(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
shocked

preekahantas:
Burn the car at night when nobody is about.
Show up the next morning for your car and involve the Police immediately. Now the problem is no longer parts or fixing, he will either pay for the full car or rot in jail.

Happy sales boss.
No forget your baby girl. kiss

𝑰 π’•π’‰π’π’–π’ˆπ’‰π’• π’šπ’π’– π’˜π’†π’“π’† π’‰π’–π’Žπ’‚π’ π’–π’π’•π’Šπ’ 𝑰 π’”π’‚π’˜ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’”π’‚π’šπ’”, "𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓…"

𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 π’„π’π’π’‡π’Šπ’“π’Žπ’†π’… π’šπ’π’– 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏 π‘¨π’π’Šπ’†π’.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
Hope say him never sell the car sha?
Re: How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? by jmoore(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
Tow the car out of that place and find another mechanic.

Thorough inspection of the car to detect if any part was stolen by that mechanic or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It / Tricks Vulcanisers Use To Defraud Motorists / Car Coolant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.