Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae (21456 Views)

The Five Most Important Things To Include On Your CV / What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? / 5 Things You Absolutely Must Include On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by microscopic: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2017
All this one u people are doing correction and modification.
The question is "were is the job?"
Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by fexichi(f): 11:07am On Feb 17, 2017
iykemoney90:
Keep seeing different opinions every time. My CV dey version 8.0 due to modifications.
No be only you o! Everyday there's something to add or remove.
Thanks @ OP
Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by sirusX(m): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2017
dabossman:

I once had an assistant who selected text from a MS Word document and wanted to paste it straight onto a flash drive. A university graduate o. I couldn't believe my eyes. I bet she had Microsoft Office proficiency on her CV.
Blood shocked

Maybe she knows how to use the software, but cannot transfer files

WAEC now makes the student type, print and transfer their data to a storage device

1 Like

Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by nlanded: 11:47am On Feb 17, 2017
macherie1 Don't say things on what you don't know, I can agree with some points you made but the issue you raised about Microsoft Office is wrong!

Microsoft office suite has different platforms in it, like- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc. Do you mean to say a powerful tool like Excel is not sought after by employers?

Do you know how sought after an expert level Excel proficient candidate is in the job market? Even the lesser robust PowerPoint has made lots of people fail assessment stages in big banks graduate trainee programs talk less of Excel competence.

Please input your Microsoft Office proficiency level in your CV, include those you are good at, especially Excel and Access, Word and PowerPoint are what every Tom Dick and Harry knows.
Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by NaijaBlend: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
I agree with all except 4, 5, 7.

Some employers indicate proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and of course, most establishments today take those tools as given;

It is not true to say that DOB is irrelevant. I believe you are writing to a younger audience of fresh graduates. Often employers for this category of people stipulate an age limit. Not having DOB on the CV especially where hardcopy is required is a sure way of ruining one's chances.

Referees to be supplied (up)on request...
While facilitating a training programme some years back, a participant asked this question. My answer was, WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO A CANDIDATE WHO SUBMITTED HIS CV TO OBASANJO FARMS WHERE ATIKU ABUBAKAR IS HIS REFEREE? Everybody laughed. That was during the peak period of the cold war between Atiku and OBJ. Today, can you consider Ayo Fayose as a referee in an establishment owned or controlled by Buhari or any APC member, and vice versa? Such limits chances.

Besides these, it's a great work. Kudos!
Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by Tidamsel: 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
Chai omo c insult
Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by Globallords(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
#Noted
Re: 10 Words Never To Include On Your Curriculum Vitae by Spidermon: 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
Someone go come talk say make CV be like business card.

Una go edit tire.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fcmb Aptitude Test / Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service-2017 Rercuitment / How To Write A Good Cover Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.