Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters (6498 Views)

Buratai Tests Surveillance Camera In Rivers (Photo) / RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by elewedu(m): 7:48am On Dec 10, 2009
preparation+vision + opportunities=outstanding performance

lack of preparation+ bad health+ lack of vision = stagnation,then backwardation
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by buzmail1: 7:59am On Dec 10, 2009
What our governor has done is nice.It will reduce the rate at which robbery operation is been performed.
This is what the policemen should been using anywhere they had an alert that there is robbery operation especially in bank they will just sustain their self in air and watch the thieves coming out gun them
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by C2H5OH(f): 8:05am On Dec 10, 2009
buzmail1:

What our governor has done is nice.It will reduce the rate at which robbery operation is been performed.
This is what the policemen should been using anywhere they had an alert that there is robbery operation especially in bank they will just sustain their self in air and watch the thieves coming out gun them
HOW? We're not well situated on ground zero, and we are already thinking of taking our fights to the air. From baby steps to giant steps. Are these gurus gonna be firing at robbers from above? I don't think our police force is properly trained to carry out a task as difficult as that.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by xammy(m): 8:48am On Dec 10, 2009
GOD bless my governor
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by babapupa: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2009
What we can not afford to do is listen to backward thinking people and I'm glad these folks are not and will never be part of the decision making body at Alausa. If you do, they complain, if you don't, they complain.

The same people yelled and cried about maintenance and white elephant when Lagos state rolled out the BRT, well, BRT is a huge success and the buses are still out there and getting maintained at dedicated maintenance yards all over the state. The trees are still growing, the flowers are still blooming and the grasses are still green.

The way I see it, Lagos leads, the rest of the country including Abuja follows,

These are simply the breaks and realities,
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by honeric01(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2009
great
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by ShdAde: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2009
Governor Fashola is a really visionary leader. He is the one I have seen who acts like he had a purpose for running for that office. He is a truly educated man,cos we can see that clearly in his works. Lets hope he is able to do what he is doing 4 lagos 4 Nigeria as a whole. Who says he shouldnt run for presidency in 2011? He stands a very good chance. Party politics shudnt be used to stop him if he shows interest in d numero uno position. He's about the most popular politician. Even my over eighty years old uneducated grandma who stays in a village in oyo state knows bout him. Thumbs up 4 him!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by CGKing(m): 9:31am On Dec 10, 2009
Men, thank God for Fashola. It's been sooo loong or so never since we saw things like this. Major step sir. Still, we have a looooonnnng way to go. Only one man cant do it all.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by back2back(f): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2009
The same people yelled and cried about maintenance and white elephant when Lagos state rolled out the BRT, well, BRT is a huge success and the buses are still out there and getting maintained at dedicated maintenance yards all over the state.

these people are not AGAINST anything but want to ensure that angles are covered and well planned out.

Using Heli to fly about in the air without ground forces is zero.

And if your ground forces are corrupt,  you are on your own; you only catch those who did not 'settle'

And who will be using the heli? Nigerian Police or Lagos State 'Police'?

I would rather imagine, 'Air Ambulance' and 'Search and Rescue' would be more effective use of these helis
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Dec 10, 2009
C2H5OH:

What is he hoping to do? Catch the thieves at Oshodi?

Which Oshodi are u talking about? the one of the 90's and early 2000s or the one of Now? undecided
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by honeric01(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2009
back2back:

these people are not AGAINST anything but want to ensure that angles are covered and well planned out.

And if your ground forces are corrupt,  you are on your own; you only catch those who did not 'settle'

I would rather imagine, 'Air Ambulance' and 'Search and Rescue' would be more effective use of these helis

And who told you there are no ground forces? where do you live? let's start from there.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by babapupa: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2009
back2back:

And if your ground forces are corrupt,  you are on your own; you only catch those who did not 'settle

Na this kain thinking dey hold naija back I swear.

You know this because you are the state commissioner of police or you're part of the state's security team?

How do you move ahead as a credible society with self defeatist and backward can't do spirit and attitude?

What do you think the the RRS team on High power BMW bikes do? Just decorate Lagos roads.

What about the 114 patrol vehicles Fashola just dashed the police?

Do you honestly think advanced nations got everything right from day one by just snapping their fingers. How do you finish a hundred mile journey without taking the first step?

Lagos don get Police/ Thanks for sharing that.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by CGKing(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2009
C2H5OH:

HOW? We're not well situated on ground zero, and we are already thinking of taking our fights to the air.  From baby steps to giant steps. Are these gurus gonna be firing at robbers from above?  I don't think our police force is properly trained to carry out a task as difficult as that.

Yeah, fight must surely start on this topic on NL. However, C2HSOH, you making some sense here though.  Future proof solutions are what we need, cos this is kinda looking like a show games. If the Nigerian police have continued to misfire while on the ground, no telling what theyd do in the air. I believe Mr Gov. is doing great and I love him, his courage , the whole shbang, its just that this seems like a huge leap when we havent started walking.

Ultimately, Fashola has proven himself before so, Imma' stick with him all the way, no matter what.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by babapupa: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2009
Helicopter is for surveillance and relaying info to the team on the ground, not for shooting practice. They don't even do that in other countries.

Geezzz,
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by honeric01(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2009
u dey mind them?
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by kolaoloye(m): 10:00am On Dec 10, 2009
Thank God for Lagos state governor how i wish he was the governor of Ogun state.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by FBS: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola for President!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by bibiking1(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2009
Is this a warzone? Why would anyone even fathom that the choppers are meant for airborne firing squads? I believe surveillance was the word used!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by ayobase(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2009
what else do we want?
HEROIC NATURE ABIDES IN HIM!
if the guy even stops doing,
no probs.

The guy has already proven himself worthY
of being a president, but wouldnt advise him to now!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 10, 2009
I may soon immigrate to Lagos oh. Lagos is becoming another republic. It has left the rest of Nigeria trailing far behind. With this Lagos Citizens passports, the rest of Nigeria may need Visa to enter Lagos Oh. Kudos to fash. I love inteligent men
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by back2back(f): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2009
Helicopter is for surveillance and relaying info to the team on the ground,

if this is all that they WANTED to do; then I make BOLD to say: this is 'white elephant'

Nigerian Police knows all the corners where they sell IGBO!

And all armed robbers smoke igbo before going on operation!

Nigerian Police knows all the armed robbers and their hide-out.

I know for a fact that Police gives gun to armed robbers in Nigeria.

So the energy and money are better used to 'reform the Nigerian Police' and if not possible create 'Lagos State Police'
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by honeric01(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2009
aisha2:

I may soon immigrate to Lagos oh. Lagos is becoming another republic. It has left the rest of Nigeria trailing far behind. With this Lagos Citizens passports, the rest of Nigeria may need Visa to enter Lagos Oh. Kudos to fash. I love inteligent men

One state has to stand as a model for others to copy. Lagos state government are really trying hard to make things work even in these unfriendly period.

Things i never believed would work is now working. step by step, Lagos's shape is coming back to life.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by gbolo2001: 11:19am On Dec 10, 2009
The helicopters are for surveillance and strategic utilisation of security and protection of properties, its not for war and taking out targets from above the ground. crime can be beat easily if there is sufficient information, for example a helicopter is at the scene of a robbery, the on ground team normally just rushes in blind and get both themselves and innocent people killed but in the situation where a helicopter is present it relays the situation to the on ground forces at a safe distance where they can easily strategise and do their job with efficiency. this is just one of many scenerios the helis are usefull. And dont even question the on ground forces they have improveed by a milestone the rate of crime in lagos has dropped drastically since 2007, not like it cant improve , but the are the steps taken to improve the situation.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by honeric01(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2009
gbolo2001:

The helicopters are for surveillance and strategic utilisation of security and protection of properties, its not for war and taking out targets from above the ground. crime can be beat easily if there is sufficient information, for example a helicopter is at the scene of a robbery, the on ground team normally just rushes in blind and get both themselves and innocent people killed but in the situation where a helicopter is present it relays the situation to the on ground forces at a safe distance where they can easily strategise and do their job with efficiency. this is just one of many scenerios the helis are usefull. And dont even question the on ground forces they have improveed by a milestone the rate of crime in lagos has dropped drastically since 2007, not like it cant improve , but the are the steps taken to improve the situation.

Quite detailed. cool
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by qkman: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2009
The governor is only making preparations for 2011 elections and Lagosian believe its for the security which it was said to be meant for, if an helicopter pursues a robbery group in Lagos,only God knows how many innocent people will become victims of early grave when the robbers shoot amidst onlookers and i trust Nigerian police, Dem go take cover,quick quick comot uniform,go hide for corner. not their fault, they only got less than six month voluntary training.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
kudos Man, Mr Fashola I haven't heard any giant stride on corruption, the main rust of the Nigerian polity, there is more to leadership than granting social amenities

Nigerians this is what many African countries have, though he knows we are lagging behind, I sincerely see the urge in him to press forward unconditionally. Well done learned fellow.

qkman:

The governor is only making preparations for 2011 elections and Lagosian believe its for the security which it was said to be meant for, if an helicopter pursues a robbery group in Lagos,only God knows how many innocent people will become victims of early grave when the robbers shoot amidst onlookers and i trust Nigerian police, Dem go take cover,quick quick comot uniform,go hide for corner. not their fault, they only got less than six month voluntary training.

that's a point to be observed, but inversley I think it will serve the populace at large, one other thing we have a very bad maintenance attitude when it comes to government properties. cool
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by ajeniya: 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
I hope the police will maintain this giant stride, and use the helicopters to the service of the people and not to be restricted to one high ranking police officer and his family to fly to the market or exhibition of the oppressors. it is a common situation in Nigeria were public facilities are caged to personal usage. shocked

I SAY WELL DONE GOVERNOR FASHOLA KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! shocked
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by paddylo1(m): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2009
Get Your MIND right brother and check b4 you bump your gums OK just because they said its equipped for fire fighting does not mean jack!, Case and point - An Ambulance in Nigeria is a van or car with a siren on top (No life support equipment, No trained EMT's ) just a driver and maybe the universal CROSS sign on the vehicle. Is that an ambulance?  NO! So there are a lot of facilities that have to be put in place before a Helicopter can become an effective Surveillance,Medical or Emergency rescue aircraft, Get out of Philly and check out the REAL World Bro.

"[/b]These BELL 412 EP Helicopters, is another success story of our administration, not only to complement the efforts of the police and security operatives on land but also to enhance the provision of emergency services, search and rescue operations, surveillance and ambulance services. [b]They will provide a bird’s eye view of security activities that will make law enforcement predictable, swift and efficient.

Our choice of the Bell 412 EP was informed by its multi faceted platform which allows it to be utilized in several functions such as paramilitary, civil and utility roles.

These particular helicopters are specially and uniquely configured to be used in[b] fire fighting, emergency services, search and rescue, air ambulance, and airborne surveillance roles.[/b]

The Bell 412 is a tried and tested helicopter currently being used by several government agencies all over the world e.g, the Fire and Emergency Services Authority of Western Australia, Air Ambulance Company of Victoria (Australia), the Queensland Department of Community Safety, the Police of Czechs, the Finish Border Guard, Los Angeles County Fire Department, New York City Police Department, Chicago Fire Department and the Government of Bahrain that recently purchased 6 Bell Helicopters among others.

These two helicopters exceed the standard Bell 412 prototypes. At our request they have been fitted with 31 extra options to give them versatility of multi faceted use for which we require them.

Each of the helicopters has the latest Airborne systems, as well as, interoperable communications means, including search lights and radios which will allow easy communication both with the police and other agencies on the ground. Other features such as long range, rupture-resistant auxiliary fuel tanks, jettison able crew doors, sturdy construction, dual redundant electrical and many more would provide a sure complement to vehicles on the ground to curb and reduce crimes."
http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2009/12/07/20091207N01A.html

e be like say e dey pain u for bodi somewhere,shey na because fashola dey perform or say na because i dey philly. . . .anyway your rants no mean jack,the helicopters are in lagos and there is nothing u can do about it,maybe its u that need to get into the real world. . .anu-ofia
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by CGKing(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
ajeniya:

I hope the police will maintain this giant stride, and use the helicopters to the service of the people and not to be restricted to one high ranking police officer and his family to fly to the market or exhibition of the oppressors. it is a common situation in Nigeria were public facilities are caged to personal usage. shocked

I SAY WELL DONE GOVERNOR FASHOLA KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! shocked

lol. Instead of chasing criminals, let's pray they dont use it chase okada riders and damfo drivers for their egunje selves
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by tundysho(m): 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2009
With all these wonderful things fashola is doing with lagos money,some idiots still think the best way to apprerciate his efforts is to impeach him,they re annoyed that he bought helicopter,they would have preferred him to share the money for them instead
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Vuitton(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
FBS:

Fashola for President!

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About The Presidential Election On Saturday. / Adenuga Moves To Take Over Nitel For $450m / Profile Of SW CONSENSUS CANDIDATE 4 PDP National Chairman.. Adeniran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.