Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,115 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters (6491 Views)

Buratai Tests Surveillance Camera In Rivers (Photo) / RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2009
Surveillance helicopters?? Gimmie a break! Repair the damaged state roads sprawled all over the suburbs in Lagos first.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by beninman1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2009
Fashola is simply marvellous. Keep up the good work
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by bolanleodu: 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
As expected of a true leader. Setting the needs of his people and meeting them. This is welcomed development and if you fear what will happen once fashola leaves then be ready to vote and guard your vote, Be ready to choose credible people, i think someone like Jimmy Agbaje wont want to perform less if he gets the chance, It just my opinion so no insult please.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by bolanleodu: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2009
Someone is suffering from some sort of sententical malady. Funny what people will post.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by bolanleodu: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2009
@ ijdd, why is it that its only the surveillance aspect that you see, what of the fire fighting or emergency rescue purposes?
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by pacodas: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2009
Good one Fash Keep it up
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by allhavoc(m): 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2009
For those who are worried about the maintenance of the helicopters (read: spare parts ending up at Alaba market), I believe Fashola has done enough to earn our benefit of doubt that things will not be business as usual. He has successfully managed the State Security Fund up til now, and I read in the article that Caverton will service and maintain the helicopters. We need to give Fashola maximum support while keeping in mind that public services such as security, power, taxation are still controlled from the center (abuja).
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by chino4(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2009
i would vote fashola for president,he has a great vision for lagos.More grease to his elbows.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Outstrip(f): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2009
hopefully we will not see the bikes carrying a police man, his two wives and 7 children to church on sunday
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by back2back(f): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2009
Why would they get helicopters and not think of a way to maintain them?

OBJ built power stations only to remember he had no supply of GAS to fire the plants!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by pureminded: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2009
Lagos > 9ja > Fashola cool
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by TippyTop(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2009
Is this man really a Nigerian?
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Fhemmmy: 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2009
Like i said earlier, it is a great idea and i support it, however, he needs to fix the roads, cos you cant arrest bad people from the air.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Dotman01(m): 10:46pm On Dec 09, 2009
Gud job by d best governor
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Fhemmmy: 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2009
And who is the best gov ?
Dotman01:

Gud job by d best governor
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by pureminded: 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2009
But seriously , is that wot lagos needs right now or some kind of strategy for him to stand out ? undecided
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2009
pureminded:

But seriously , is that wot lagos needs right now or some kind of strategy for him to stand out ? undecided

I think it is a great tool to fight crime and secure the state, but like i said earlier, he needs to fix the roads, cos arrest has to be made on the road and not via the air.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by asunaobi(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
I just love this guy! Very visionary and good eyes for decency.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by afrikaam(m): 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2009
Awesome
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by pureminded: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think it is a great tool to fight crime and secure the state, but like i said earlier, he needs to fix the roads, cos arrest has to be made on the road and not via the air.
And many more, Kopters are last tin to do!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by osasp(m): 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2009
back2back:

OBJ built power stations only to remember he had no supply of GAS to fire the plants!
lwkm mehn nija we 2 much lol
obj na mad man i swear
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by prudentcy(m): 12:11am On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola is really doing great and he deserve 2 b praised, i give kudos.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by jingoma(m): 12:43am On Dec 10, 2009
bolanleodu:

@ ijdd, why is it that its only the surveillance aspect that you see, what of the fire fighting or emergency rescue purposes?
Fire Fighting?? How are they going to use these helicopters to fight fire? They are not equipped for that and you can forget the Emergency rescue. If you have been to the hospital lately (where they send you out to buy the supplies that they will treat you with Including Blood from outside) there are no helipads in naija hospitals lets face it, YOU ARE looking at the NEW means of transportation for Lagos State Government "Elite" and their families to and from political events or vacations!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by paddylo1(m): 12:57am On Dec 10, 2009
Fire Fighting?? How are they going to use these helicopters to fight fire? They are not equipped for that and you can forget the Emergency rescue. If you have been to the hospital lately (where they send you out to buy the supplies that they will treat you with Including Blood from outside) there are no helipads in naija hospitals lets face it, YOU ARE looking at the NEW means of transportation for Lagos State Government "Elite" and their families to and from political events or vacations!

how do u know they are not equipped for fire fighting. . .if am not mistaking i believe the article specifically states that u can use the helicopters for fire fighting

why do we like to spread rumors and half truths as a people?. . . .i bow for u.

and mind u all these talk about travel for ELITE. .is just bogus,how many helipads do we have accross lagos,for such to happen?

every serious city in the world has an air arm for the police to monitor,scenes on the ground,and pursue getaway cars and the like,it should be a no-brainer
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by asunaobi(m): 4:35am On Dec 10, 2009
Tippy Top:

Is this man really a Nigerian?

He is a Nigerian. There are few like him around but not given the opportunity. But I must add here, I am not trying to sound very divisive, the Yorubas and people from Cross River state and Akwa Ibom seems to have better qualities for transformational leadership.

We should all be praying for this guy. He is doing a very good job at the moment.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by jingoma(m): 4:40am On Dec 10, 2009
paddy_lo:

how do u know they are not equipped for fire fighting. . .if am not mistaking i believe the article specifically states that u can use the helicopters for fire fighting

why do we like to spread rumors and half truths as a people?. . . .i bow for u.

and mind u all these talk about travel for ELITE. .is just bogus,how many helipads do we have accross lagos,for such to happen?

every serious city in the world has an air arm for the police to monitor,scenes on the ground,and pursue getaway cars and the like,it should be a no-brainer

Get Your MIND right brother and check b4 you bump your gums OK just because they said its equipped for fire fighting does not mean jack!, Case and point - An Ambulance in Nigeria is a van or car with a siren on top (No life support equipment, No trained EMT's ) just a driver and maybe the universal CROSS sign on the vehicle. Is that an ambulance?  NO! So there are a lot of facilities that have to be put in place before a Helicopter can become an effective Surveillance,Medical or Emergency rescue aircraft, Get out of Philly and check out the REAL World Bro.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by asunaobi(m): 4:58am On Dec 10, 2009
jingoma:

Get Your MIND right brother and check b4 you bump your gums OK just because they said its equipped for fire fighting does not mean jack!, Case and point - An Ambulance in Nigeria is a van or car with a siren on top (No life support equipment, No trained EMT's ) just a driver and maybe the universal CROSS sign on the vehicle. Is that an ambulance?  NO! So there are a lot of facilities that have to be put in place before a Helicopter can become an effective Surveillance,Medical or Emergency rescue aircraft, Get out of Philly and check out the REAL World Bro.

But you have to wait first and see if the Governor was telling lies. He said that the helicopter is multi-tasking and I believe him. Again, I would have thought that helicopters can be landed anywhere whether with or without helipad. I am getting confused now!
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by 9ja4eva: 5:33am On Dec 10, 2009
prudentcy:

Fashola is really doing great and he deserve 2 b praised, i give kudos.

True talk.He is the man
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by oyinda3(f): 6:20am On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola for President cheesy cheesy

Fhemmmy:

lol
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by C2H5OH(f): 6:28am On Dec 10, 2009
What is he hoping to do? Catch the thieves at Oshodi?
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by jingoma(m): 6:57am On Dec 10, 2009
asunaobi:

But you have to wait first and see if the Governor was telling lies. He said that the helicopter is multi-tasking and I believe him. Again, I would have thought that helicopters can be landed anywhere whether with or without helipad. I am getting confused now!
Of Course you DON'T need a Helipad to land a helicopter but Like C2H5OH asked "Are they going to catch theives at Oshodi with a helicopter? Or are they going to bring enough responders or water to extinquish a 4 alarm fire on a BELL 412 ? Forget the rescue part But I have to admit the thought is good but our priorities are not in order.
Re: Fashola Launches Surveillance Helicopters by C2H5OH(f): 7:02am On Dec 10, 2009
Yeah, I don't grasp the purpose of this helicopter unless someone can explain it to me in bits and pieces. I wouldn't deny it being for a good cause, I just can't imagine how it would be effective in curbing chaos if it breaks out. We already have a hard time commuting to-and-fro emergencies by land, let alone flying helicopters through the air. If havoc bobs its ugly head at Yaba market would be Helicopter be able to find a suitable landing zone? If not, then how can it take action?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Photos Of MC Oluomo Recuperating Since He Got Stabbed At The APC Rally / Sunday Igboho Lead Protest For Oduduwa Republic Nation (video) / Details Of Nnamdi Kanu Meeting With SE Governors Leaked - His Shocking Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.