Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

How Your Future Defines You. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Your Future Defines You. (724 Views)

When Nature Decides To Cheat On Your Future. / If You Had An Opportunity To Write To Your Future Self, What Would You Write? / Ability To Commit Your Thought Lucidly Defines You As A Writer - Chioma Okereke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Your Future Defines You. by dev4wealth(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2009
The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough. In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future. We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.
The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.

A brief candle; both ends burning
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.

Let us revere, let us worship, but erect and open-eyed, the highest, not the lowest; the future, not the past! Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past. My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.

In times of change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because some day in life you will have been all of these.
The future has a way of arriving unannounced.

http://develop4success..com
Re: How Your Future Defines You. by carino: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2009
nice one
Re: How Your Future Defines You. by AccoPen(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
Beautiful

(1) (Reply)

Humorous Marriage Customs In The World / Hey Guyz Pls Help Me Out / Your Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.