Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Onitsha Fire Outbreak: Gov Obiano Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Fire Outbreak: Gov Obiano Speaks (413 Views)

How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha Fire Outbreak: Gov Obiano Speaks by FKO81(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2017
“What I will do about this incident is that first, I will set up a committee with the assistance of the Obi of Onitsha to look into the incident and establish the number of families affected by the fire.

"Preliminary reports show that 15 families were displaced. But we must find out who they are.

"Anambra State government will assist the displaced families to pick up the pieces of their lives. We shall resettle them in other houses in this neighbourhood again. We shall pay their rent for one year to get them started.

"About 8pm yesterday (Wednesday), when I was about to go into the Governors’ Forum in Abuja, I was informed that there were fire incidents in five different locations in Anambra State.

"I was very worried that five fire incidents were going on almost at the same time in one state. They started between 7 and 8.30pm. The Fire Service in the state has 12 trucks but as at yesterday only 8 were in good working condition. They spread themselves in five locations. One from Okpoko and another one from Main Market came here almost 30 minutes after the fire started and began to fight the fire here before I called for the support of the Fire Station on the Bridgehead in Delta State because I was worried by the tone of the alarm that was raised.”

“From the way they sounded, I didn’t know that I would meet one building standing here. They told me that the whole of this place was on fire and that very soon it would get to DMGS. So, I called for assistance from the Fire Service in Delta and I am very happy that they responded.

"We thank God that we did not lose any life in all the five fire incidents."

(1) (Reply)

Vp Residence Proposed By Previous Administration Not In The 2016 Or 2017 Budgets / Its Wrong For The NAFDAC Director To Pronounce Import Prohibition On Food Items / Nigeria Has No Record Of Its Oil, Non-oil Export Activities Since June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.