Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State (2816 Views)

"Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says / Protest Against Bad Governance In Imo State (Photos) / Anambra State Govt To Jump-start The Onitsha Inland Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
The common refrain from his fans is that "Willie is working" and there is an awful amount of PR to convince sceptics about these "alternative facts".

In reality, Willie's "working" doesn't seem to involve a working fire and rescue service in the commercial capital of his state, or in any other part of the state, for that matter. He has reportedly cut short a visit to Abuja to "assess the extent of the damage" in Onitsha. But will he assess the extent of how the damage would have been prevented if had done the absolute necessary of providing an effective fire and rescue service?
More: http://www.naijiant.com/articles/onitsha-fire-mediocrity-governance-anambra-state/

1 Like

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by FKO81(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
You dey smoke Ugu leaf right?

2 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
FKO81:
Put your question to those that lost property last night in Onitsha and show them your pics.

2 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by nonsobaba: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
A commission of enquiry should be set up to ascertain the remote and immediate causes of this fire incident which destroyed hundreds of millions of naira worth of property and all culprits should be severely punished. That petrol station was given approval by former governor Peter Obi to be built in that densely populated residential area against every norm of city planning and i think Peter Obi should be invited first to answer questions. I maintain that Peter Obi is a crooked fellow who ran Anambra state like a crooked enterprise. Little wonder nemesis has caught up with him and he has been decimated politically.
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Abagworo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
FKO81:

Peter Obi built that fire service station but it has degenerated to a mere building under Obiano. As it is fire service in Anambra is almost nonexistent.

3 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
Abagworo:

Peter Obi built that fire service station but it has degenerated to a mere building under Obiano. As it is fire service in Anambra is almost nonexistent.
That station is in Awka. The fire was in Onitsha. Is there a functional fire service station in Onitsha?
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
This hungry blogger go and look for a job otherwise you and your blog will keep starving. FYI: There are over 5 fire-service stations all over Anambra; from Awka to Onitsha to Nnewi to Ekwulobia to Nkpor to Okpoko ete....

The reason your blog does not see more 2 people in a whole month is because you post unfounded stories.

[s]
Naijiant:

That station is in Awka. The fire was in Onitsha. Is there a functional fire service station in Onitsha?
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
This hungry blogger go and look for a job otherwise you and your blog will keep starving. FYI: There are over 5 fire-service stations all over Anambra; from Awka to Onitsha to Nnewi to Ekwulobia to Nkpor to Okpoko ete....

The reason your blog does not see more 2 people in a whole month is because you post unfounded stories.

[s][/s]
Thanks for your advice to me, but you didn't answer the question. Is there a functional fire station in Onitsha?

If yes, the next question is why it took at least 2 hours to respond to this incident?

If you don't believe the report, check the TVC News report on the fire.

If you can't answer the questions, feel free to hurl abuse.

4 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Stop posting unresearched nonsense in your useless blog. There are over 3 functional fire service stations in Onitsha metro.

Go and get a job and stop wasting your time as a blogger.

[s]
Naijiant:

Thanks for your advice to me, but you didn't answer the question. Is there a [b]functional [/b]fire station in Onitsha?f yes, the next question is why it took at least 2 hours to respond to this incident
If you don't believe the report, check the TVC News report on the fire.
can't answer the questions, feel free to hurl abuse.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Stop posting unresearched nonsense in your useless blog. There are over 3 functional fire service stations in Onitsha metro.

Go and get a job and stop wasting your time as blogger.

[s][/s]
Next questions: why did it take the fire brigade over 2 hours to arrive at the scene? why did they need help from a fire engine from Asaba?

4 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
They didn't need anyone from outside the city. Something that happened at 2am is not as the same as something that happened at 2pm. Some personnel may have even gone to bed. If there's any such thing from outside maybe they came on their own accord.

[s]
Naijiant:

Next questions: why did it take the fire brigade over 2 hours to arrive at the scene? why did they need help from a fire engine from Asaba?
[/s]
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
They didn't need anyone from outside the city. Something that happened at 2am is not as the same as something that happened at 2pm. Some personnel may have even gone to bed. If there's any such thing from outside maybe they came on their own accord.

It happened around 8pm. You have contradicted yourself. You claimed there was a functional fire station in Onitsha. A functional fire station should not just operate during the day. Fires don't function in line with office hours.

6 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
Shut up this broke ass blogger. It started in the dead of the night. Nobody will visit your useless site if that's what you want. You think that is how to drive traffic. Sorry you have failed on it. Go and get a job or shall keep starving....

[s]
Naijiant:

It happened around 8pm. You have contradicted yourself. You claimed there was a functional fire station in Onitsha. A functional fire station should not just operate during the day. Fires don't function in line with office hours.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Shut up this broke ass blogger. It started in the dead of the night. Nobody will visit your useless site if that's what you want. You think that is how to drive traffic. Sorry you have failed on it. Go and get a job or shall keep starving....

[s][/s]
I see you have no answers for the questions asked. It's OK. It is not a crime to fail at simple questions. The bigger crime is the failure of Obi, Obiano and co. They have failed to deliver much needed social services like an effective fire brigade in Anambra State. Whether I'm broke or not, or whether my site is useless or not, changes nothing about the fact that a decent fire service would have shown up soon after the fire last night and prevented the destruction of the belongings of people. This is what those useless governors were elected to do. But they have failed. Nigerians like you allow failure to prevail b/c you love to celebrate mediocrity. That is the point of the article.

6 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
You are just an ordinary illiterate. Any I.diot that just stumbled on a computer becomes a blogger.

I have posted pictures of a functioning FS but you failed blogger chose to ignore it. Go and report about your useless state and leave ours alone as we have moved beyond reach.

Very soon you shall be arrested and your blog shut down for publication of unfounded unresearched nonsense. Jail is waiting for people like you unlettered bastard...

[s]
Naijiant:

I see you have no answers for the questions asked. It's OK. It is not a crime to fail at simple questions. The bigger crime is the failure of Obi, Obiano and co. They have failed to deliver much needed social services like an effective fire brigade in Anambra State. Whether I'm broke or not, or whether my site is useless or not, changes nothing about the fact that a decent fire service would have shown up soon after the fire last night and prevented the destruction of the belongings of people. This is what those useless governors were elected to do. But they have failed. Nigerians like you allow failure to prevail b/c you love to celebrate mediocrity. That is the point of the article.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
You are just an ordinary illiterate. Any I.diot that just stumbled on a computer becomes a blogger.

I have posted pictures of a functioning FS but you failed blogger chose to ignore it. Go and report about your useless state and leave ours alone as we have moved beyond reach.

Very soon you shall be arrested and your blog shut down for publication of unfounded unresearched nonsense. Jail is waiting for people like you bastard...

[s][/s]
1. Your pictures are of a fire station in Awka.
2. The fire was in Onitsha.
3. The residents there complained about the late and ineffective response from the fire service.
4. Anambra State is in Nigeria and we report about Nigeria.
5. What we have reported was also reported by TVC News. Should it be shut down as well?
6. You don't seem to know the meaning of "democracy" and constitutional rule. It is for the courts to decide whether anything we publish is not true.
7. Your insults demonstrate that you have no answers for the questions asked.
8. If Obiano or Obi had provided a functional fire service, you wouldn't be so upset about the truth.
9. The people you should be upset with should be the governors that failed in their duty and not the messenger that reported their failure.
10. Their failure to provide an effective emergency response service could affect you too. So I am doing you a favour by highlighting this.

5 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
After looking up your pictures on Facebook I realised why your life is like this. What you need from us is pity and not to be scorned. I will still suggest you try your hands on other things as blogging does not favour everyone.

[s]
Naijiant:

1. Your pictures are of a fire station in Awka.
2. The fire was in Onitsha.
3. The residents there complained about the late and ineffective response from the fire service.
4. Anambra State is in Nigeria and we report about Nigeria.
5. What we have reported was also reported by TVC News. Should it be shut down as well?
6. You don't seem to know the meaning of "democracy" and constitutional rule. It is for the courts to decide whether anything we publish is not true.
7. Your insults demonstrate that you have no answers for the questions asked.
8. If Obiano or Obi had provided a functional fire service, you wouldn't be so upset about the truth.
9. The people you should be upset with should be the governors that failed in their duty and not the messenger that reported their failure.
10. Their failure to provide an effective emergency response service could affect you too. So I am doing you a favour by highlighting this.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
After looking up your pictures on Facebook I realised why your life is like this. What you need from us is pity and not to be scorned. I will still suggest you try your hands on other things as blogging does not favour everyone.

[s][/s]
No adequate fire service response in Onitsha last night and you prefer to talk about pictures on Facebook! People have lost millions of naira worth of possessions and property. I don't need your pity. The victims of the fire last night don't need your pity either. What they and the rest of Anambra State need is accountability from useless governors like Obiano. This should start from Anambra people demanding an effective fire service across the state.

6 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
It is your hopeless father that could not take care of his worthless family that's useless. Your useless father is not even able to provide for his hopeless family of which you are one of them.

FYI: Onitsha and Anambra in general has adequate FSS. Fire outbreak all over the world is an eventuality.

Hopeless lazy bloggers like you should be stoned to death since you are not useful to the society. cheesy

[s]
Naijiant:

No adequate fire service response in Onitsha last night and you prefer to talk about pictures on Facebook! People have lost millions of naira worth of possessions and property. I don't need your pity. The victims of the fire last night don't need your pity either. What they and the rest of Anambra State need is accountability from useless governors like Obiano. This should start from Anambra people demanding an effective fire service across the state.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Blue3k(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
Anambrans hate critiques like demons hate holy water. Simple answer is response time needs to be improved but there are indeed multiple stations. Honestly they're should be multiple fire stations in any city with sizable population.

3 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 8:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
It is your hopeless father that could not take care of his worthless family that's useless. Your useless father is not even able to provide for his hopeless family of which you are one of them.

FYI: Onitsha and Anambra in general has adequate FSS. Fire outbreak all over the world is an eventuality.

Hopeless lazy bloggers like you should be stoned to death since you are not useful to the society. cheesy

[s][/s]
The victims of this fire waited for over 2 hours for a fire engine to turn up and you would rather talk about my father. This is why Nigeria is a mess.

The victims said that by the time the fire brigade showed up it was too late and you claim there is an adequate fire service. Who are we to believe? You or the people that waited hours for a fire engine to turn up and the people that had to use buckets of water to save their buildings and possessions?

Fire happens everywhere. The difference is in the speed and effectiveness of the response of the emergency services. The evidence from Onitsha last night was shocking and demonstrated how useless the governor is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
Your father is the one that's useless if not you won't be as hopeless and useless in life..... cheesy

Anambra has a functional FSS. Deal with it.

[s]
Naijiant:

The victims of this fire waited for over 2 hours for a fire engine to turn up and you would rather talk about my father. This is why Nigeria is a mess.

The victims said that by the time the fire brigade showed up it was too late and you claim there is an adequate fire service. Who are we to believe? You or the people that waited hours for a fire engine to turn up and the people that had to use buckets of water to save their buildings and possessions?

Fire happens everywhere. The difference is in the speed and effectiveness of the response of the emergency services. The evidence from Onitsha last night was shocking and demonstrated how useless the governor is.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 9:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Your father is the one that's useless if not you won't be as hopeless and useless in life..... cheesy

Anambra has a functional FSS. Deal with it.

[s][/s]
Try explaining that to the victims of the fire last night in Onitsha. A functional fire service is not rocket science and Obiano has failed to deliver such a basic public service. It would be different story if the fire was in Govt House Awka.

You need to ask your governors to work for you and not for themselves. It could save your life in a fire.

4 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by amachuk(m): 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
A
commission of enquiry should be set up to
ascertain the remote and immediate causes
of this fire incident which destroyed
hundreds of millions of naira worth of
property and all culprits should be severely
punished. That petrol station was given
approval by former governor Peter Obi to
be built in that densely populated residential
area against every norm of city planning
and i think Peter Obi should be invited first
to answer questions. I maintain that Peter
Obi is a crooked fellow who ran Anambra
state like a crooked enterprise. Little wonder
nemesis has caught up with him and he has
been decimated politically.
Story for the gods, all you do everyday is sit down and manufacture lies, born out of hatred and envy. for over 15 years, from 1991 I was resident in the street just beside the filling station "OBOLI Lane" no 9a to be precise. I met that mobil filling station there in 1991 but somebody here is telling us that peter Obi approved the construction of that station, you are a cheap propagandist from Aguleri.

1 Like

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
Providing 3 square meals per day is not a rocket science. Your useless father has failed woefully in his responsibilities. cool

[s]
Naijiant:

Try explaining that to the victims of the fire last night in Onitsha. A functional fire service is not rocket science and Obiano has failed to deliver such a basic public service. It would be different story if the fire was in Govt House Awka.

You need to ask your governors to work for you and not for themselves. It could save your life in a fire.
[/s]
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Providing 3 square meals per day is not a rocket science. Your useless father has failed woefully in his responsibilities. cool

[s][/s]
All your insults will not help anyone in Anambra State in the unfortunate event of a fire. Demand accountability from your useless and thieving governors. The first step is ensuring they deliver on the most basic of their constitutional obligations - protecting lives and property in their state.

1 Like

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
The same way the condition of your useless father will not help anyone. What we need to demand is for your hopeless father to be useful for once in his hopeless family. That's what you should be pushing for right now.... cool

[s]
Naijiant:

All your insults will not help anyone in Anambra State in the unfortunate event of a fire. Demand accountability from your useless and thieving governors. The first step is ensuring they deliver on the most basic of their constitutional obligations - protecting lives and property in their state.
[/s]
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
The same way the condition of your useless father will not help anyone. What we need to demand is for your hopeless father to be useful for once in his hopeless family. That's what you should be pushing for right now.... cool

[s][/s]
Keep talking about my father and we keep praying you are not a victim like those in Onitsha that didn't see a fire engine in their hour of need - thanks to a governor that can't protect his people, whose only interested in protecting himself. Do you know how many fire engines are stationed at Govt House Awka?

2 Likes

Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by LasGidiOwner: 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
The condition of your useless father demands an urgent attention. You are a victim of your useless father, so you need to be rescued from it. Keep talking about the fire while your hopeless father continue to be useless. cool

[s]
Naijiant:

Keep talking about my father and we keep praying you are not a victim like those in Onitsha that didn't see a fire engine in their hour of need - thanks to a governor that can't protect his people, whose only interested in protecting himself. Do you know how many fire engines are stationed at Govt House Awka?
[/s]
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by nonsobaba: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Naijiant:

U and ur own father who is more useless? I need to know because it seems that the akara education that he reluctantly gave u is boomeranging.
Re: The Onitsha Fire And The Mediocrity Of Governance In Anambra State by Naijiant: 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
nonsobaba:
U and ur own father who is more useless? I need to know because it seems that the akara education that he reluctantly gave u is boomeranging.
Try another insult. The your father one is played out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Nation Within Nigeria Nation Can Win Nigeria In War! / We Go Kill Soldiers Kanu And His Boys Threatens VIDEO / Gov Ahmed Reacts To Saraki’s New Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.