Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Open Letter To Nairalanders - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Nairalanders (599 Views)

Appreciation To Nairalanders Towards Their Concern On Private School Teachers / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nairalanders by Halldmoney: 1:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
I fail to comprehend the level of ignorance display by many users on NL nowadays, back in the days when nairaland was like your handout to many aspect of life, informations and sensible comments were at topnotch plus good sense of humor. Then, people were like family on here but reverse is the case right now, many people hide under the umbrella of anonymity to display their lack of integrity and respect for other users by cursing and crushing people based on their opinion, religion, ethinicity and believe.
Everybody has got the right to express themselves whatever way they deem it fit and more also, major reason why some users do come on here is to be enlightened and not to be bashed. This behaviour alone made some people go silent with the fear of being attacked. "Note" the proper use of english words does not in anyway denote your intelligence. Browsing through Nairaland most times, i see people display their foolishness by cursing and bashing other users (not correcting them in a respectful way) all in the name of typos, opinion and bad construction of their sentences.
No forgetting the abuse of words and memes, once a user comes up with a childish meme, the whole NL becomes an "Ankara Party" everybody wants to use them even when sensitive topics are being discussed, bringing your frustration online only create more chaos not only for you but for other sensitive user on here (dragging them into time wasting yabs and arguments). NL has become a blog site for just headlines and stories, because venturing into the comment section sometimes kills your vibe by some user's display of ignorance.
Must every topic boils down to Religion and Ethnicity? most times i just sit back and watch the level of damages going on in some our youth's sense of reasoning and this is not being monitored by the MOD. This is definitely part of the problem the internet is bringing into our society, do you ever imagine an outbreak of violence based on comments made online? people goes as far as mentioning names all in the name making a point under anonymity. Note all negative comments you post online comes straight from your head and if contributions from like minded fellows keep flowing with it, then you are virtually stirring up prolly a religion clash or ethnicity riots, like we see around us happening based on mere exchange of words, what ever a shallow minded users deduce from those careless comments goes into action and their mode of operation with the targeted tribe, group or religion.
Lets see self developing, country uplifting and youth empowering topics on FP not snakes and unreasonable topics. Staying relevant does not include selling off your integrity i believe. I hope the MOD make some changes on the way NL is being used. Once the needful is done the unproductive users will flee i believe.
If you feel this open letter is a flashlight on the way you have been letting off your frustration steam on others by disrespecting them on here, you are free to cry me a river.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairalanders by MayhorE(m): 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
This is great, maybe it will change the minds of many, thanks
Re: Open Letter To Nairalanders by Afonjashapmouth: 1:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
This one no go reach FP fasto fasto now but if na snake tread piam e don reach with d speed of Kenyan athletes... #seun come and push this to FP before people go soon say make nairaland share cos igbo, yoruba, hausa and others wan get diff topic space.. If e pain u come and beat i am at home
Re: Open Letter To Nairalanders by ipobarecriminals: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
sad sad true talk but who'll bell/chain those nuisance from that side.
Re: Open Letter To Nairalanders by dauddy97(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
nice write up, Why don't u direct it to the Founder of NairaLand.
Re: Open Letter To Nairalanders by Bukkiminat(f): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
Seun Osewa, where are you? Your attention is needed sir

(1) (Reply)

How We Will Conduct 2017 UTME -JAMB / NYSC Extends The Service Year Of 13 Corps Members In Nasarawa / Best Exam Instructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.