Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,982 members, 7,866,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Land/property Lawyers Please: - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land/property Lawyers Please: (549 Views)

Lawyers Please Advise On How My Deceased Father’s Property Can Be Shared / Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us / New Land & Property Sourcing Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land/property Lawyers Please: by nairagurl: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2009
i need ur expertise on dis question,, in d allocation sheet giving to d buyer from d family,it stated that d piece of land cannot be sold or transferred to any other person without d sanction of d family in writing and that d proper conveyance of d land will nt be executed until d land is developed, now d question is do i really have to seek d family's approval cz dt land has bn sold to me and i learnt im really going to be re-charged by d family or shld i just process a C of O?, does d C of O have strong grounds against d breach of d family agreement with buyer?
Please i need answers sirs/mas.thanks in advance.
P.S, d land is in ikorodu
Re: Land/property Lawyers Please: by lawyer(m): 3:17am On Dec 09, 2009
I have read your post 3 times and honestly speaking, i just wonder why you had to buy a land without a lawyer's help because everything is totally wrong.

How can a family issue allocation sheet when its not an estate with a planned layout or scheme?

How can you have a family land sold to you and they are telling you that a proper conveyance will not be executed till the land is developed? If that is not scam 101, i dont know what else to call it. What is the proof that the family legally conveyed that land to you? Who do you hold responsible for any defect? The reciept enough does not suffice in this situation.

So if it takes you 7-10years before you develop your land, your not entitled to get the deed of assignment?

Another ploy these families use is the aspect of making sure you have to seek their approval again and again is to seek their approval before you sell to another person. Its an age old trick they use to make sure money continues to flow in their pockets. An escape route out of this is by getting the C/o and a C/O nullifies any so called family breach in the absence of a deed of assignment from them.

Anyway consult your nearest property lawyer to guide you properly to remedy this situation before it turns from bad to worse.

Finally where is the property located and does it have a survey plan sef? undecided
Re: Land/property Lawyers Please: by nairagurl: 3:49am On Dec 09, 2009
Thank u so much for yr response,d land is in ikorodu,ota ona area and it has a survey plan.i wld have to work towards getting a C of O ASAP or probably sell it off cz i heard C/O takes forever & i dnt want wahala.but if u suspect scam,who is d scammer?,d previous owner of d land has an authentic survey and dts y i bought it.so wat i think is since he is d one who signed d agreement not to resell,it doesnt affect me as im not in breach, im so confused anyway.
Re: Land/property Lawyers Please: by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 09, 2009
Madam,

I only know lawyer from his posts on NL but if I were you I would be engaging his services or that of another competent property lawyer (if you prefer that) very quickly to sort out this situation.

Lawyer,

I commend you for coming out to reply this lady considering how bitter you felt after the Okuns issue. For those that know how to do good, continue to do same, God always rewards.

(1) (Reply)

Landed Property And Duplex Very Caep 4 Sales In Eket ,akwa Ibom State / Seven-x Art Market / 2400sqms Of Land For Sale @ Lekki Phase 1 Facing Express (by The Toll Gate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.