Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us (774 Views)

Lawyers Please Advise On How My Deceased Father’s Property Can Be Shared / Solutions To Win A Case When A Land Dispute Goes Wrong / Sliding Window Or Casement Window " Please Advise " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us by cogbuagu: 2:56pm On May 09, 2012
Please I will like lawyers to advise me in this or those that have experienced this before.
My father died 19 years ago (1993). He had 2 wives. The 1st wife had 2 boys, died before he married again. The 2nd is my mother with 2 boys. Girls excluded.
Now the 1st son of the 1st wife wants us to share properties owned by my father outside our village.
We have 2 houses that are not equal in size and value. The bigger house, we the second live in it and my mother has been managing it for the past 19 i.e, all that comes out in it, we eat with it.
And the other smaller house, the others are giving its outcome on till we got admission into university and its outcomes used for our school fees. The house we live in is where my father lived, married my mother, all my mother’s children given birth and where my father died.
Them, them self have NOT been living with us. They are all married and they are all older then my mother and we, my mother children are still growing up. Only me the 1st son just got a job.

My step brother 30 years older then me, called us and said that the house where we live now is the one he wants.
We have pleaded with him to leave it for us. He insisted that, that is the one he wants.
We asked him then where will our mother stay then. He said we should move to the other house.
We asked again, so you want to send you father’s wife out of the house where you father married and lived with her.
He said is nothing new that is done everywhere. We ibos oo
The other house is smaller very old model of house and we find it difficult to move there or we can’t just live there. This man saying this has his own family and houses in some states of this Nigeria and has never lived with us since our birth. Infect he is 30 years older than me the 1st of my mother.
He has been insisting on this and has threatened to take us to court if we fail to sign the document for him when he gets it.
After a month
We called him on phone and shared it for him the way we can bare.
By asking him to take the smaller house plus the whole top of the other building or take the whole floor of the bigger building.
He refused and said properties are not shared that way.
Please, is this true?
Please all nairaland readers advise us on what to do or stand because my mother has invested so much on that building. That is where her business of sawing clothes and well water selling is. And leaving that house will be total close of her business.
This issue is giving us sleepless night.
Please lawyers, tell me
Is it done anywhere, where the step son sends his father’s wedded wife off the house where she and the late husband lived and she managed for 19 years.

What should we do please?
Re: Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us by blank(f): 3:15pm On May 09, 2012
Get a lawyer and both of you guys go to court. As long as its in court, u will continue to leave in your house and enjoy the proceeds. Stop begging him. Take the matter to court.
Re: Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us by cogbuagu: 3:56pm On May 09, 2012
Thanks for your suggestion.
but wouldn't court stop every body in the house from paying house rent since
it is the money my mother lives on.
Re: Property Dispute. Experienced Person Or Lawyers Please Advise Us by EHITZ(m): 11:03am On May 10, 2012
The best thing is to prceed against him in court first, you can obtain a court injunction to preserve the Res (the property) pending the determination of the court decision which mieght take years to determine, for more free legal advice, visit our facebook page http://m./112495406871?refid=27

(1) (Reply)

3bedroom Semi Detach Duplex In Lekki County Est To Let / A Plot Of Land For Sale @ Fidiso Estate, Abijo-lekki=7m.-08034339615 / 4,000 m2 In Prime G.R.A - Off Tafawa Balewa Way, Kaduna 90m!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.