Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi (979 Views)

Wike Wins The Sun Governor Of The Year Award (Photos) / Wike Wins Sun Newspaper "Governor Of The Year 2016" (Photos) / Magnus Abe: My victory Is A Reward For Faithfulness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by megaburster(m): 8:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
SUN GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR 2016
..... A REWARD OF HARDWORK AND DELIGENCE TO SERVICE.......

It is a fact that a golden fish has no hiding place, no matter how hard it tries to or how hard obstacles to shield it.

This is the case of His Excellency, Chief. Bar. Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, CON, the Executive Governor of Rivers State, that has always stand out despite challenges and obstacles posed by detractors and traducers. Wike assended to the position of the executive governor of Rivers State amidst controversies all against him yet he surmounted them all and emerge victorious.

By the tomorrow the 18th February, 2017 at exactly 5pm at Expo Center, Eko Hotels and Suites Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria, Wike will be honoured with award of the SUN GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR AWARD by The Sun Publishing Ltd publishers of the Sun News Papers. This award is in recognition and acknolwdgement of Governor Wike's developmental stride and efforts in delivering good governance and dividend of democracy to the people of Rivers State and setting the pace for other governors in the country at large.

Recall that shortly after Chief. Bar. Wike became the governor of Rivers State he became a victim of bad journalism. But as a man who was determined to succeed in rescuing his people from the evil grip of clandestine politicians and deliver to his people what due them, Governor Wike surmounted all odds and stood tall amongst the serving governors despite being made a media villain. He rose from media villain to become media hero and the toast of the media today as is evidenced in this award by Sun Newspaper.

Before Wike emerged the governor of the state, he has being in postions of public trust and performed creditably well.

He was the Executive Chairman of Obio/Akpo Local Government Area of Rivers State for two tenures of 4 years each. Obio/Akpo is one of the most vibrant LGAs in Nigeria today courtesy of the managerial and administrative accumen of Chief. E. N. Wike. While serving as the Chairman of Obio/Akpo LGA he built many infrastructures which is rare among LGA Chairmen in Nigeria. He was the National Chairman of Association of Local Government Organisation of Nigeria ( ALGON ). His administrative prowes gave the ALGON much credence as at then.

Due to his desire to perform and achieve success he was endeared to the former governor of Rivers State, His Excellency Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi who appointed him Chief of Staff Government House in which he was instrumental to the achievements of Amaechi in his first tenure.

Wike later was appointed the Honourable Minister of State for Education. Wike as a man synonymous with success and who is always ready to perform and exhibit excellence no matter the challenge, could not sit and collect allowances like his contemporaries, he swung into action and made a lot of foot prints in the education sector. His tenure as a minister saw the building of hundreds of Almajiri and normadic schools in the northern part of the country and encouragement girl child education in the south east. Wike's era as minister of education saw federal government intervention in the development of the Universal Basic Education with the building of model primary schools across the country under UBEC.

Wike like the golden fish has always shone like a million stars any where he finds himself.

Wike became the governor of Rivers with challenges of insecurity, paucity of funds, decayed and dilapidated infrastructures, months of unpaid workers salaries etc, which he inherited from his predecessor, who tried to make the state ungovernable for him. The governor instead of complaining hit the ground running and started work. The surprising aspect of Gov. Wike's strong desire to succeed was that from the venue of his swearing in he went straight to flag off a road rehabilitation project code named operation zero pothole.

Today Rivers state is wearing new look due to the deligent hard work of this gentleman.

The following are some of the achievements of the governor in a short while in office.

(1) The rehabilitation and construction of thousands of kilometers of roads across the state. Every LGA in the state has at least a road project if not more than going on or completed and commissioned by the governor.

(2) The Education sector is receiving a boast with the rehabilitation of the schools across the state.

(3) The House of Assembly which was shut down and transfered to the government house by the past administration has be reopened and functioning at a very vibrant level.

(4) The judiciary which the last administration reduced to nothing is now operational thereby giving hope to the common man.

(5) The health sector is not left out as general hospitals across the state is being rehabilitated to improve health care delivery.

(6) As soon as as he mounted the seat of the governor of Rivers State paid up all the salary arears owed civil servants and pensioners by the past administration and ensure that workers and pensioners are paid up to date. Rivers state today is one of the states if not the only state that is up to date in payment of worker salaries and pensions.

(7) Insecurity is now a thing of the past as the governor gave great attention to the security of lives and properties and made a top priority. This he did by organising an amnesty programmes for repentant cultists who are ready to embrace amnesty.

This feat in securing the state and ensuring that peace returns to the state led to the confirment of the title of the Apostle of Peace by the Christian Association of Nigeria ( CAN ) Rivers State Chapter on the governor.

Having seen the achievements of Governor Wike in less than two years in office, the Sun publishing Ltd the publishers of Sun Newspapers deemed it fit and necessary that it is pertinent to give honour to whom honour is due. This gave rise to nomination and eventual selection of Gov. Wike as the Sun Governor of the year 2016.
This event will take place at Expo Center, Eko Hotels and Suits Victoria Island, Lagos, tomorrow the 18th February, 2016. Going by the history of the award you will agree that it is not an award of all comers but an award to those that has made marks in their chosen areas, therefore the award being given to Gov. Wike has shown that has performed excellently in the area of governance.

I therefore congratulate His Excellency Chief. Bar. Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on the occassion of his confirment of the honour of the Sun Governor of the Year, 2016.

1 Share

Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by success1smyn(m): 8:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by Benikuuse(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
Is It By Noise Making? Look At The Lives Of Ben Ayade Governor Of Cross River(pdp) Look At Dave Umahi Governor Of Ebonyi State(pdp) They Are Doing Well Without Making Noise. I Wonder The Process These People Under Go In Selecting Their Best Performing Governors
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by ufuosman(m): 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Good for him

1 Like

Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by swagagolic01(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Benikuuse:
Is It By Noise Making? Look At The Lives Of Ben Ayade Governor Of Cross River(pdp) Look At Dave Umahi Governor Of Ebonyi State(pdp) They Are Doing Well Without Making Noise. I Wonder The Process These People Under Go In Selecting Their Best Performing Governors

Ben ayade nd dave umahi are both performing governors but comparing em to wike is an insult ..... only two governors can be compared to wike in Nigeria today, ambode and obiano, the rest re clowns

1 Like

Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by CriticMaestro: 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
award for naija..no be to dey buy am?
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by megaburster(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
Benikuuse:

You need to come to Port Harcourt and see things for yourself
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by megaburster(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
swagagolic01:

Ben ayade nd dave umahi are both performing governors but comparing em to wike is an insult ..... only two governors can be compared to wike in Nigeria today, ambode and obiano, the rest re clowns

My dear you said it all there is nothing much. People speak out of envy and jealous.
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by megaburster(m): 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
CriticMaestro:
award for naija..no be to dey buy am?

Because you can not do without monetary inducement you think everybody is like you
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by sarrki(m): 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
Truly wike is working

I see it korokoro with my eyes 2weeks ago
Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by swagagolic01(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
sarrki:
Truly wike is working

I see it korokoro with my eyes 2weeks ago

God bless u, truth is many of us in rivers state supported wike cuz we needed a lion to keep amaechi in check, I never believed that wike can work this way, to me, dakuku was the right candidate in a wrong party, but "Mr projects" has really surprised me, a thug that has his pipu at heart is better than 1 million gentle men who can sell off the states assets to fund an illiterate......

2019 is a done deal for our sun news paper of d year ward. ...

2 Likes

Re: Sun Governor Of The Year 2016 ..... A Reward Of Hardwork And Deligence To Servi by sarrki(m): 2:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
swagagolic01:

God bless u, truth is many of us in rivers state supported wike cuz we needed a lion to keep amaechi in check, I never believed that wike can work this way, to me, dakuku was the right candidate in a wrong party, but "Mr projects" has really surprised me, a thug that has his pipu at heart is better than 1 million gentle men who can sell off the states assets to fund an illiterate......

2019 is a done deal for our sun news paper of d year ward. ...

Bless you too

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Performing Ibo Governors / Coup Loading: North Invokes Boko Haram 2.0 On Osinbanjo / 10 Steps IPOB Is Using To Breakaway From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.