Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here (8451 Views)

Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / How Much Do Entry Level Lab Technologist In Fed Unis Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by invictusManeo: 9:05am On Feb 20, 2017
I was specifically warned about the course before getting admitted into Lautech. They treat the course as if it's medicine. So voluminous, lecturers will give u five outlines in class and expect 10 in exam.
Food science and engineering is an hybrid and an applied science course.

To those of you calling it catering.... well, u are myopic. So many beautiful chicks I'm my school thought it's a simple course, hence they rushed in picking it as a first choice. They later took to their heels to "Agricultures" when they couldnt bear the heat of the Faculty of Engineering courses and the departmental "straw licking CGPA FSE" courses...Lolz

Your mistake as a Food/Chemical analyst/Quality control/Assurance Personnel etc could lead to loss of lives and closure of food companies. Hence, good schools are always cautious about graduating half baked students.

I'm a proud food scientist graduate from Lautech. Ask anything u care to know. It's one of d most beautiful courses ever.

5 Likes

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2017
LePrezident:

Lol yh and you have just tagged me an NL stalker so you refused me the privilege of a pm undecided
I didn't say that I wasn't implying u were stalking
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by segola7(m): 9:09am On Feb 20, 2017
nigerians needs to inform about this cus. for abroad na hot cake for 9ja na moimoi.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by LePrezident(m): 9:09am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
I didn't say that I wasn't implying u were stalking

No probs Valérie, at least I got wind of your name smiley
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by mohammedmuz: 9:17am On Feb 20, 2017
captainprogress:
A mare imitation of nutritional Biochemistry.
You just mention a 2-3 unit course in FST -undergraduate courses.
CLAP for yourself.

Am sure u need to no more.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by jbaby265(f): 9:18am On Feb 20, 2017
OK let's begin... What's popping

Great processors
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2017
LePrezident:

No probs Valérie, at least I got wind of your name smiley
u could have asked doh smiley
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Holuwathoby(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2017
FMCG Companies doing relatively well in Nigeria in spite of the prevalent current economic recession.
Graduate of FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY from OAU, IFE, currently serving(NYSC) as a HUMAN NUTRITION Lecturer in School of Health Technology, Minna Niger State.
There is more to Food Sci and Technology than what an average mind can think.

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by LePrezident(m): 9:30am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
u could have asked doh smiley

Lol, woulda been better via a one-on-one convo. Standing on NL and asking is like shouting at the top of my voice on a crowded floor space. You know pms do not necessarily mean expression of amorous interest... it could be the mere striking of an acquaintance of some sort
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by mohammedmuz: 9:33am On Feb 20, 2017
jbaby265:
OK let's begin... What's popping
Great processors
Nice one, keep it up!
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 20, 2017
LePrezident:

Lol, woulda been better via a one-on-one convo. Standing on NL and asking is like shouting at the top of my voice on a crowded floor space. You know pms do not necessarily mean expression of amorous interest... it could be the mere striking of an acquaintance of some sort
yh and I have to many acquaintances thanks to whatsapp and its various groups and I'm really not interested in adding to it
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by africanusvu(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2017
Samanza89:
If I wasn't a food scientist and technologist I wonder what I would have been...

There is no professional course whatsoever than food science and technology... Quote me anywhere...

Have known only two courses food science and technology and others...

Ps: To the gullible and ignorant food Science and technology is not about cooking, it far way beyond that. It encompasses a whole lot....
,Love that.i wil like to meet u.i am a Food Technologist.and a FUTO product.i think we use this thread to knw ourselves and help each other

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by africanusvu(m): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2017
I am a graduate FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOIST.and a product of almighty FUTO.2002\2003 set.food science is too vast to discus on NL page.let see hw we can use this forum to establish a r\ship to impove and update each other both graduates and undergrads.my email is africanusuzoma@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by LePrezident(m): 10:35am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
yh and I have to many acquaintances thanks to whatsapp and its various groups and I'm really not interested in adding to it

#ThumbsUp
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by oluwasoft(m): 11:00am On Feb 20, 2017
FOOD TECHNOLOGY!!!! If you no sabi book please don't go there!!! No be joke!! I rep Food Tech!!
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 20, 2017
For They Know Not!
Surely,
Mass communication cannot be Food Technology,
Neither is Accountancy, Mechanical Engineering.
Black is not White,
Neither is American, African.
Our Father land; School of Science and Technology.
Our Mother Tongue;
They Say, Food they cook.
Let them say, For they know not! Aggression!!!
Let them know; That you are endowed with what it takes™, to preserve alongside processing, through the application of Diverse Scientific Principles and Engineering to the Processing, Preservation, Diversification, Utilization, and Distribution of Food variety.
For by this time tomorrow,
They come saying, Food Technology; Science of Great Taste and Common Sense.

2 Likes

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 20, 2017
lionlamb020:
Hi food scientists, technologists and engineers. I'm working on a project on malt beverage from finger millet. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks

Good one, I'm currently working on carbonation, what kind of advice do you need?
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 20, 2017
wasiudvd:
I am a graduate of food science and technology.
But now, I am into ATM (installation & repair, hardware & software). The only food industry experience I have was during my IT @ Nigeria Flour Mill. Though I wish I work in a food company, I must say that food scientists/technologist/engineers are not taken serious in this country.

You simply chose to take a different route, as a food scientist no one needs to take you serious but yourself, being that food is one of the most basic, necessary albeit insatiable human need, so many niches and corners to pitch tent as a food scientist, and lastly so many ways to start small, not everyone is inclined to entrepreneurship shaa, hope ATM engineering has being rewarding bro?
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by brightballer(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2017
My cousin needs an IT placement in any southwest state.
Any help or idea where he should comb?
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by mathew2oa(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2017
Am a fresher gaining admission this year and you guys have already given High blood pressure abt this course
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by jonexty(m): 11:39am On Feb 20, 2017
I am a proud Food Scientist. An Alumni of University of Uyo. I developed cookies for diabetics during my final year Project days. I have passion for food and new product development. Have you seen a proteinous garri before? that's just it.
After graduation, no job. I now present on Tv. Nutrition Segment. I feel I would have done better in a food company or a research institute like NAFDAC, SON, FIIRO etc so pained.
Big Food Companies would rather employ a Zoologist or a forestry and wildlife graduate in their companies rather than those who devoted 5 years to know every thing about Food deterioration, safety, postharvest technology, food analysis, new food product development, brewering Technology etc... Food Science in USA is like Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria.(Ignorance)
Note: I am a professional Member of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST). The apex professional Food Institute in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by lionlamb020(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
SnowJay92:

Good one, I'm currently working on carbonation, what kind of advice do you need?
Thank you. I dunno how stressful carbonation can be. Is it going to be advisable to include the process with little time available? And is it necessary to use caramel for colorization?
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
lionlamb020:

Thank you. I dunno how stressful carbonation can be. Is it going to be advisable to include the process with little time available? And is it necessary to use caramel for colorization?

The work you're doing is it academic research or for commercial purposes?

Carbonation is a very technical something, but you can still include it depending, a little fizz makes everything better.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by femmy123(m): 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
princemillla:

Mr man ,food technology is not about cooking but food processing . Many preserved food you eat in cans and nylon passes thru food technologist thru some medium designed by food food engineering.

@op what do you wish to know about food technology
Just gain admission in yabatech to study d course. I will like to know where it's get technical.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by femmy123(m): 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Berbierklaus:
I didn't see this on time,OP we are here,What branch of this course do you need to know about,we have so many as listed by the person up there,I majored in food technology and currently studying for food science,its a broad subject.

And I forever thank the daddy that listed it as a course I should study when I went for diploma grin
I thought we were going there to cook,until lectures started,looked simple at first then the real lectures started and I realize I had to put in more work than I ever did with my academics.
Now I see food differently, I see producers differently,I appreciate nature more and I'm happy i can do something for myself in this type of economy as long as I am willing and hardworking

I just gain admission to yabatech to study food technology.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by lionlamb020(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
SnowJay92:

The work you're doing is it academic research or for commercial purposes?

Carbonation is a very technical something, but you can still include it depending, a little fizz makes everything better.
Academic... Is it advisable?
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
lionlamb020:

Academic... Is it advisable?

Unless your lecturers are going to taste the drink before them score you, otherwise, no. If it's just all this report data and claim to have done sensory evaluation, forget it it's not worth the stress and cost.
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by lionlamb020(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
SnowJay92:

Unless your lecturers are going to taste the drink before them score you, otherwise, no. If it's just all this report data and claim to have done sensory evaluation, forget it it's not worth the stress and cost.
Aite thanks
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Slimpotter(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nice being here....Proud food scientist
Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Slimpotter(m): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Samanza89:
If I wasn't a food scientist and technologist I wonder what I would have been...

There is no professional course whatsoever than food science and technology... Quote me anywhere...

Have known only two courses food science and technology and others...

Ps: To the gullible and ignorant food Science and technology is not about cooking, it far way beyond that. It encompasses a whole lot....
We suffer a lot trying to explain to people that food science is not about cooking

1 Like

Re: Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here by Samanza89: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
africanusvu:
,Love that.i wil like to meet u.i am a Food Technologist.and a FUTO product.i think we use this thread to knw ourselves and help each other

That's true my broda... We just have to sensitize people of what the course is all about!... Product of University of Uyo...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Poor Salary: Unions Give Kaduna Government 21 Days Ultimatum / Gt Bank : Entry Level Aptitude Test Jan 8 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.