Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike (8453 Views)

Anambra State Judiciary Workers Begin Indefinite Strike / Exxonmobil Workers Begin Three-day Warning Strike / Ogun Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Despite Amosun’s Warnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by londonrivals: 9:02am On May 29, 2017
The Cross River State chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) will begin an indefinite strike tomorrow, its Chairman, John Ushie, said yesterday.

The union leader said the workers resorted to the action due to their unresolved issues with the government.

According to a bulletin signed by the Organised Labour Action Committee, the issues include the suspension of promotion to deserving civil servants up to 2016, the disengagement of payroll consultants, illegal deduction of workers’ salaries, full payment of gratuity to retirees from Paris Club refunds, release of monthly impress to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), resolution of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) impasse in the state and payment of newly appointed permanent secretaries’ salaries.

The bulletin, titled: Commencement of Indefinite Strike Action, reads: “This is to inform you that at an enlarged Congress of Cross River State, civil/public servants workers unanimously voted to proceed on an indefinite strike over the following issues, with effect from Tuesday, May 30.

“We are, therefore, calling on all workers, under the employ of the Cross River State government, to stay at home from May 30 until you hear from us.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/cross-river-workers-begin-indefinite.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by IgboAmakaa(f): 9:04am On May 29, 2017
O di Kwa egwu
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by IhateAfonjas(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2017

One Nigeria

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 9:08am On May 29, 2017
I thought ben ayade usually pay cross river state workers ahead of fg grin
But the workers should understand that it is not going to be milk and honey always grin

But i smell propaganda and politheifcians instigation as usual sad
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by smartty68(m): 9:08am On May 29, 2017
I already started the strike long time ago. No salaries for months now. Chai Baba God your boy don suffer.

Our politicians should just die and leave Naija for credible, accountable young vibrant ones.

I dey my house
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by IhateAfonjas(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2017

Omenkalives, Beremx and Ngeneukwenu won't come to this type of thread, they're patiently waiting for an Ipob thread to attack

I want Buhari to rule Nigeria for 80 more years, i love seeing zombies suffer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by jay2pee(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2017
Abeg when will the whole Nigeria go on indefinite strike as well... cos nothing i s working out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Desdola(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2017
The state is truly regressing. May God help us
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by hezy4real01(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2017
Is that a way of wishing your governor happy democracy day
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by badthinds: 9:10am On May 29, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

One Nigeria
Mama. Is this man Not a biafran?

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Mhissgaga(f): 9:11am On May 29, 2017
It's okay
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by wolesmile(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2017
It's high time the whole country went on strike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 9:13am On May 29, 2017
They need to visit Imo State to see how workers suffer. Their condition is child's play compared to other states.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by smartty68(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2017
Desdola:
The state is truly regressing. May God help us
Naija is regressing
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by edlion57(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2017
Fine boy ..... Governor with his super high way on his head

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by smartty68(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2017
wolesmile:
It's high time the whole country went on strike.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by godunia(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2017
This is a case of spoilt child, how many states even pay salaries to regular workers? you are paid and deductions were made and you didn't thank God. make una kwontinu
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Odogwuskido(m): 9:16am On May 29, 2017
What really went wrong with our commonwealth that governors can't pay salaries
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by updatesflow: 9:18am On May 29, 2017
Only Cross River state? the whole states in Nigeria should also embark on strike cause we do not know where the leaders are leading us to. How to apply for federal fire service recruitment 2017 http://trendyupdates.com.ng/apply-federal-fire-service-recruitment-2017-portal-fedfire-gov-ng/
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by godfatherx: 9:22am On May 29, 2017
Ayade again, this guy is set to ruin Cross River State
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:22am On May 29, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Omenkalives, Beremx and Ngeneukwenu won't come to this type of thread, they're patiently waiting for an Ipob thread to attack

I want Buhari to rule Nigeria for 80 more years, i love seeing zombies suffer
this is ben ayade's problem and has nothing to do with buhari. next time comment with ur brain and not your ballz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by muller101(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2017
updatesflow:
Only Rivers state? the whole states in Nigeria should also embark on strike cause we do not know where the leaders are leading us to
where did u see rivers state
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by kolafolabi(m): 9:41am On May 29, 2017
"Ẹni Tó Lórí Kò Ní Fìlà, Ẹni Tó Ní Fìlà Kò Lórí”:

“The One Who Has A Head Has No Cap, The One Who Has A Cap Has No Head”

Their workers should ask Osun and Oyo States workers how market?

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by IBBG(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2017
this labour leaders are just looking for excuse to embark on strike. i was thinking is due to them being owed salaries. but as it stands dat is not the case. if i were the governor, u embark on strike for such frivolous reason, u forfeit ur salary for that month. they don't know wat workers in other states are passing thru.
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by femo122: 9:47am On May 29, 2017
Hunger don reset cross river worker
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by blesoh(f): 9:59am On May 29, 2017
princeofpeace22:
I thought ben ayade usually pay cross river state workers ahead of fg grin
But the workers should understand that it is not going to be milk and honey always grin

But i smell propaganda and politheifcians instigation as usual sad
He only pays state workers nothing for local government workers, of recent he started paying the state workers too in batches

1 Like

Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Meritocracy: 10:08am On May 29, 2017
After multiple bailout from Buhari and your share as oil producing state. Please don't blame Buhari for this, all those clamouring for Biafra stuff can you see your potential Biafra leader.
Re: Cross River Workers Begin Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 10:38am On May 29, 2017
There is absolutely no cause for a strike action here. Their claims are baseless. Gov. Ayade makes it a habit of paying salaries on the 25th of every month; he even pays before time!

Senseless civil servants want to allow themselves to be used by people who want to kill themselves on how the Paris Fund cash is disbursed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poor Salary: Unions Give Kaduna Government 21 Days Ultimatum / Food Technologist - As A Student Or Worker. Enter Here / Gt Bank : Entry Level Aptitude Test Jan 8 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.