Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Case For Project Managing Nigeria's Budget Implementation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Case For Project Managing Nigeria's Budget Implementation (729 Views)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim / Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Case For Project Managing Nigeria's Budget Implementation by only1ade: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
As a project manager, I see budget implementation(in any capacity) as an Agent of change with potential of directly impacting the lives of citizens parrticularly when it comes to Implementing a Nation's budget.

I would like to hear people's views and opinions and Why are our leaders not embracing this approach. Project managing ensures Control and Accountabilty which are the true weapons for complete Transparency in Governance.

I hate to see all these war on Economic/Financial Crimes when there are simple and effective methodologies that can be put in place to ensure Money is duely spent where it is allocated. EFCC is a joke as far as I am concerned and a mere political weapon. EFCC's approach to fighting economic crimes, past & present, is that of a Man who leaves his house open and puts a sign in the front saying "Plunder Me, but I will find you and destroy you". Why not safeguard your house and keep it secure.

I believe, and stand to be corrected in this forum, that No efforts will make nigeria crime free with the exception of employing educated approach to solving our most severe problem - Corruption!
Re: Case For Project Managing Nigeria's Budget Implementation by DisGuy: 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
just got your PMP/Prince2 certs?
Re: Case For Project Managing Nigeria's Budget Implementation by only1ade: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2009
Prince2 certified for a while now. Why?

(1) (Reply)

24 Governors Pledge Support To Jonathan! / Nigerian Cabal(s)-what Is The Cause? / Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.