Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? (19492 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by africanusvu(m): 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
Na u de ask dis kan question.just use him\her for money ritual straight.take him to Agbanitoro vilage in Ijebuode.the u ar a rich man
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Apina(m): 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
nNEOo:
shocked

1yes he pay d bill, I also own a house where I pay bills, I just came on a visit it not our family house

2 yes I contribute my own quota, as I can never be a liability

3yes I came to visit him, so yes a leaving with him

Am worried about his attitude even his fiancee he is getting married to did complain to me about it
My brother, tell that his fiance I said she's not mature. She's there as a helper and to compliment him in areas he's not so strong in. You have no right to go to your brothers house and tell him he's lazy. Stay in ur house if u feel ur brothers decision to live his life the way he feels best in his own house isn't up to ur standard. You are just whinnying about this and that as if its ur life. Gosh! stop being a sissy.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Phunkyposh(f): 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
korel9:
I wish my elder brother was still alive, won't have minded him being lazy

Awwwwwwh..... Take heart
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
nNEOo:
shocked

1yes he pay d bill, I also own a house where I pay bills, I just came on a visit it not our family house

Am worried about his attitude even his fiancee he is getting married to did complain to me about it

In actual fact, you are just being over - concerned on a problem that is not directly yours.

Stop taking PANADOL EXTRA for your brother 's headache. If you can't cope with him glue to your house else you will brew a serious problem in your home front.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Nukualofa: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
My elder brother had that sense of entitlement with me where i had to pay all bills and do every chores.

I just woke up one day and became fed up with everything. I told him to leave. He should go and rent his own house that I'm tired of an able bodied guy watching movie from night till morning and later he will be sleeping in d morning.

I don't give a damn biko

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Hannysmilez(f): 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Let. him. be.
He eats nd leaves the plate there,let it remain there-unless you're feeling extra nice nd want to help out. He takes nd hour unwrapping a cube of seasoning,allow him-isn't it his food?
The laziness is his problem,don't make it yours
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by mozele(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
nNEOo:
Straight to the point

Is this attitude sense of entitlement or brute laziness
Here are my arguments

He eat and leave plates were he eats,the kitchen is just three walk away

He comes back from work and will not do any thing else

He takes water from the fridge finish drinking and drop it were he sat

He can't wash dirty plates, he once told me he rather throw it away n get another one

He don't exercise his body (thought he looks good)

He talks without life angry

He can't open Maggi without an hr slidding by...

Pls Deat God give me patients cos if you give me strength I myt kill m angry

angry

why disturb yourself thinking about things that will continue to keep you in a negative state of mind? If it is just the two of you that are living together, take a one or two months break very far away from where he or she stays. That's my advise for you.

The problem is that you've been doing everything all by yourself and he's gotten so used to being dependent on you to do them. Now he just has a clouded mentality because he knows someone is around to take care of the mess.

I'll also encourage you to get engaged in an activity far away from your home and also interact with new people because the more you continue to ponder on the bad and negative sides of his actions, the more closer to bein frustrated and depressed you'll become.

Remember, do not nag him. Just let him know you dont like what he is gradually turning into. Sometimes he may get infuriated, it's normal. Your duty is not to also get vexed up the same timd. You remember "you don't use fire to quench fire!"

Take your time with him. He'll change. But i can't promise you the change will be instantanous. We human learn and unlearn things gradually. Just take your time with him it is well.

From a brother that has been there.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Bluezy13(m): 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
korel9:
I wish my elder brother was still alive, won't have minded him being lazy

I wish I had a brother.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by MuskElon: 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
I'm that lazy brother in my house. Working on it though.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Dexema(m): 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
He eats and leaves the plate there? He will come and meet it in that same spot after one week. Or you probably fix the room and once he's back he scatters everything that will be the last time I will do such. Had such experience I was so pissed I just locked up and would only fix my space. Best advice is to engage in something that won't make you available all the time so you don't just lose your temper one day and damage things.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by MrRichmond: 1:54am On Feb 19, 2017
Is it that nairalanders are all primary school drop outs??
From the op's write up down to the comments
The level of grammatical blunders on this thread can raise Lazarus from the dead!
completely APPALLING!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by joshboss(m): 2:09am On Feb 19, 2017
@OP. Just end it all, go and drink sniper. Trust me I know how you feel...
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by uju22(f): 8:05am On Feb 19, 2017
Gush I so detest lazy guys seriously, my brother is so so studiply lazy and it pisses me of for real
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 19, 2017
You are a misogynist prick. The OP referred to a He. Aren't you too lazy to read? Pot calling the kettle black undecided

Also, what do you mean by handled properly? How do you handle an adult properly?

dingbang:
I don't need to shout to the top of my voices cuz I will only be wasting my energy.. Its only when she goes to stay and her husband's house and exhibit such character there... By the time she is being handled properly, she will change for good..

Trust me I detest lazy girls .. Even though I love a girl, if she is lazy I don't mind calling of the rship or marriage

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by dingbang(m): 8:35am On Feb 19, 2017
daretodiffer:
You are a misogynist prick. The OP referring to a He. Aren't you too lazy to read? Pot calling the kettle black undecided

Also, what do you mean by handled properly? How do you handle an adult properly?

was referring to my elder sisters.. Thank u.. I know u must be blind to see the part where he wrote elder bro or sister on his topic. .
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by joinnow: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2017
Richy4:
Maybe in the Kitchen, paste a sticker that says....Clean after yourself please...Stick a notice that reminds everyone to refill their bottle after use...That's how to do it flat mate style when I was in Uni those days...Just give it a go cheesy
Saw one like that
That state clean after use .. Your mum is not here to clean it for u
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2017
Teempakguy:
There is no cure for laziness. it's simply a trait caused by flexible reference levels. you should just keep enduring because your bro is probably going to remain like that till he dies.

Alternatively, you can change his personality by exposing him to serious emotional trauma.(in other words, factory reset). however, this is risky because he might just decide to kill himself, Depending on his value system. if you're still up for it, just expose him and his unsavory acts to everyone he's ever loved and admired and let them make fun of him.

That's deep embarassed

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by chccho(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
nNEOo:
shocked

To be frank with u it's non of your business since its not your house or family house.I suppose this is his own house and so u can't tell him what to do or how to live in a house where he pays the bills.As a matter of fact seems like u who just came to visit is now the liability here.So the earlier u get back to your own base the better for u.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by chccho(m): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=nNEOo post=53851828][/quote]

bad Advice
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
africanusvu:
Na u de ask dis kan question.just use him\her for money ritual straight.take him to Agbanitoro vilage in Ijebuode.the u ar a rich man

Like seriously undecided
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
chccho:

To be frank with u it's non of your business since its not your house or family house.I suppose this is his own house and so u can't tell him what to do or how to live in a house where he pays the bills.As a matter of fact seems like u who just came to visit is now the liability here.So the earlier u get back to your own base the better for u.

Sounds like a lazy dude.....ok noted sha
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
uju22:
Gush I so detest lazy guys seriously, my brother is so so studiply lazy and it pisses me of for real

Welcome aboard honey.....maybe you should take a sit
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
joshboss:
@OP. Just end it all, go and drink sniper. Trust me I know how you feel...

I'd rather watch him....hate his life style
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Apina:

My brother, tell that his fiance I said she's not mature. She's there as a helper and to compliment him in areas he's not so strong in. You have no right to go to your brothers house and tell him he's lazy. Stay in ur house if u feel ur brothers decision to live his life the way he feels best in his own house isn't up to ur standard. You are just whinnying about this and that as if its ur life. Gosh! stop being a sissy.

Thanks but it not limited to his house alone as it is all en comprising
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
MrRichmond:
Is it that nairalanders are all primary school drop outs??
From the op's write up down to the comments
The level of grammatical blunders on this thread can raise Lazarus from the dead!
completely APPALLING!

Thanks for your observations....can you step aside you are blocking my view.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
Phunkyposh:

Awwwwwwh..... Take heart

I thought awwwwwwh in girls dictionary means I love! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hannysmilez:
Let. him. be.
He eats nd leaves the plate there,let it remain there-unless you're feeling extra nice nd want to help out. He takes nd hour unwrapping a cube of seasoning,allow him-isn't it his food?
The laziness is his problem,don't make it yours

Dearie my elder sis is even complaining about him,so it not just bothering only me
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
snapscore:
How hectic is his work?When does he come back home?

Was he always like this? What have you done to try to change it?

His work is not hectic @all angryshay that 1fit do hectic work,

I had tried picking the plate from his legs with hope of him knowing that what he should have done, can you imagine he used the paste en couldn't even close in the bathroom angrydude could be hopeless
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
GANDALF1:
Go back to your house and quit your petty talk.

Thanks...now suck £t wink
Re: How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? by nNEOo(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
kabawa:
What is this one saying mtceeeew

Will you go and Wash plate and stop complaining?

Children of now a days no wan get respect again ooo

Your bros send you message you dey use am open thread lazy pikin cheesy

Thanks now slide wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? / Re: UPDATE Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / Things Men Should Never Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.