Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot (5191 Views)

My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by chy4luv: 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Thanks
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by dingbang(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
I keep on telling people not to overlook all these vices before getting married but they won't listen.. They just easily allow themselves to be blinded by money, the good moments and probably sexual prowess...

Me I know myself very well and I will never deceive anyone dat wants to come closer to me.. I will first of all show u d worst side of me so u can decide if u wana cope or not...

12 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tolerate one another, love alone can't keep marriage.

11 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
dingbang:
I keep on telling people not to overlook all these vices before getting married but they won't listen.. They just easily allow themselves to be blinded by money, the good moments and probably sexual prowess...

Me I know myself very well and I will never deceive anyone dat wants to come closer to me.. I will first of all show u d worst side of me so u can decide if u wana cope or not...
what do you know about marriage grin

15 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by mekuso89(m): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
agwam aju buru ike nwanyi. ( chinwetalu agu voice)

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by dingbang(m): 10:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
Oyind17:
what do you know about marriage grin
alot... I have 10 years experience

5 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by austin2all: 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Madam i'm 99% sure that you are a troublesome woman. And you know its true.

14 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by greatgod2012(f): 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
If the two of you have been living together for the past ten years, I assume you both should have understood yourselves better!

Try and avoid arguing with him if that's what usually lead to your frequent misunderstandings. Then find the appropriate time to discuss what's in your mind!

Fighting always in the presence of kids is not good for their psychology, for their sake, adjust and compromise within the level you can remain sane and normal!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Dyt(f): 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Pls endeavor to take a vacation
Biko
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Dyt(f): 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
austin2all:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by greatgod2012(f): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
austin2all:

How can you be so sure
Are you the husband

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Miner13: 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
You know you are lady but you give him your side of the trouble

See life

He's not behaving like that before but now he does

Ok

Here it

He truly love you that's why you still have him around

You better look inward and correct yourself and ensure you do not shout back again

Lest I forget

How do you dress at home like mama 70?

Who served him your daughter or maid?

When last did call him before he left for work and pray for him

4 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
If the foundation be faulty....

Pray
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Berbierklaus(f): 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
Our kids are questioning now especially our daughter as why we shout and argue alot that she doesn't want us to separate and she is 7yrs.
I don't know about marriage but I know you setting a very bad example for your daughter as a mother..

Children learn more by seeing and hearing not what they are told to do

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Vision4God: 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
God help u to sought ur selves out
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Richy4(m): 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
What do i even know in marriage not to talk of advising someone with 10 years experience...But however, I know that It takes two or more to argue..One person cannot just shout and shout without another fueling the argument to be heated....to an extent it becomes a shouting match..

If one of u can just learn to be calm when an argument is about to be heated or knew when to shut up and take a timeout for the kids sanity,that will be cool and doing that does not make anyone of u weak...it means maturity..one of you can just play dumb and Take a timeout once in a while to listen,....to what the other is saying....

But when two highly inflammable couple comes together...and no one wants to be a voice of reason, it creates chaotic situation at home..and the home became unbearable for the children...

Madam separation will not solve your problem..one of you should be calm some times...being calm does not show sign of weakness...As you said, your husband is a nice man... but temperamental...If you desire peace in your home where you will raise kids that will not be scared of marriage in future, or hates to comeback home when they grew up due to the heat, then you know what to do...

N.B: Though I am not worthy to advise you due to your experience in Marriage madam...But this is just common sense..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by chy4luv: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
These arguments are usually around my period. I suffer from pre menstrual syndrome. He knows that. I really dont wanna be on medication for that. don't look for my trouble two to one week before my period, I feel very irritable. My period came this morning. I came back to work this afternoon and told him. He said waoo and no arguments well done. That i don't take nonsense when I am on my period wink. Little did I know we will be quarrelling in less than 2 hrs.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by chy4luv: 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Richy4:
What do i even know in marriage not to talk of advising someone with 10 years experience...But however, I know that It takes two or more to argue..One person cannot just shout and shout without another fueling the argument to be heated....to an extent it becomes a shouting match..

If one of u can just learn to be calm when an argument is about to be heated or knew when to shut up and take a timeout for the kids sanity,that will be cool and doing that does not make anyone of u weak...it means maturity..one of you can just play dumb and Take a timeout once in a while to listen,....to what the other is saying....

But when two highly inflammable couple comes together...and no one wants to be a voice of reason, it creates chaotic situation at home..and the home became unbearable for the children...

Madam separation will not solve your problem..one of you should be calm some times...being calm does not show sign of weakness...As you said, your husband is a nice man... but temperamental...If you desire peace in your home where you will raise kids that will not be scared of marriage in future, or hates to comeback home when they grew up due to the heat, then you know what to do...

N.B: Though I am not worthy to advise you due to your experience in Marriage madam...But this is just common sense..
Richy4:

My sister said the same but it seems I can't keep quiet. Am not usually the type that keep quiet when on my month which is when all these arguments arrives.
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Richy4(m): 11:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
chy4luv:
These arguments are usually around my period. I suffer from pre menstrual syndrome. He knows that. I really dont wanna be on medication for that. don't look for my trouble two to one week before my period, I feel very irritable. My period came this morning. I came back to work this afternoon and told him. He said waoo and no arguments well done. That i don't take nonsense when I am on my period wink. Little did I know we will be quarrelling in less than 2 hrs.

Maybe you should buy lots of chewing sticks during your period..and let them know that it was a sign or code..You know how hospital call code blue during emergency right....
Anytime they saw you chewing furiously, everyone will stay clear... Some will sit up or ignore you till the code is all clear.. And you have to learn how to chew that without removing it from your mouth so that there will not be war...But jokes apart.....IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN, MAYBE TRY PROVERBS 14:1...It will keep you on your toes...

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by MummyIMadeIt: 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
you have got a 10yr experience

you have got kids

Yet you still opting for a separation, not even on the grounds of unfaithfulness, just because of mere tug of words caused by both parties. like seroiusly, Maam you no dy try atall!

I want to believe that you already know the right thing to do in ur heart of hearts, just follow your mind and do whats good for ur family.
if u should ask me, aside from announcing ur time to ur husby, avoid sensitive discusions in this period, always try to kip urslf busy with sometin doin, spend more time with ur kids, also draw closer to God by reading ur bible.

STAY CLEAR BAD ASSOCIATIONS AND SEPARATION IS THE LAST OPTION FOR A MARRIED WOMAN SAVE FOR FORNICATION/ADULTERY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lol. Let me give a story someone gave while addressing marital issue synonymous to this op's. grin

A lady and her husband would always have a heated argument that would lead to both verbal and physical abuse. When her husband talks 2 she has dropped 5. grin

She decided to visit a witch doctor to give her something that'll make her husband fall back in love with her cos she felt the love has waned so the maltreatment.

She narrated her ordeal to the old man, so he handed her a liquid in a small bottle. These where his instructions " you must put that liquid in your mouth whenever you realize an argument is about to begin, your husband mustn't know a substance is in your mouth, and if you speak a word, you've spoilt the charm". grin

She left, and did as instructed, both for the first time in two weeks they never fought nor quarried, her husband was even pleased at her new attitude, so she went back to tell the baba what has happened in two weeks.

The man told her he gave her water, and nothing would have happened if she had dropped it, that her problem was she doesn't know when to shut up!, from then their fights and arguments stopped.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by oladcity(m): 12:59am On Feb 19, 2017
This is evident of a build up of sentiments
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by DBestDoc(f): 3:47am On Feb 19, 2017
chy4luv:

Does this irritable mood also make you argue and fight with your Boss and colleagues at work?
If your answer to the question is a NO, then it means you got a way of keeping your sh.ts together when you're around other people. Apply the same coping mechanism at home and all will be fine.

If avoiding unnecessary convo. during that period will help, please do.
You can make this stop since you've discovered the underlying cause already.

Self Control is the key!

15 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by juman(m): 4:29am On Feb 19, 2017
Madam you are the one destroying your home.
Your husband is a lion, you should be a goat not a trouble maker.

Presently you are the trouble maker heating up the relationship.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by DBestDoc(f): 4:36am On Feb 19, 2017
chy4luv:

My sister said the same but it seems I can't keep quiet. Am not usually the type that keep quiet when on my month which is when all these arguments arrives.

You can, trust me.
If he starts with the arguments, channel that compulsion to talk back into a phone call or something grin grin. I'm sure you've got series of contacts saved on your phone that you don't get to call year in year out.
It's an opportunity to call one of those useless numbers and chit-chat.

If you don't do this, you're gonna hear him say something, you'll become defensive, try to counter and the cycle continues. Couples quarrel, but it becomes very unhealthy when you argue incessantly.

Walking away may be a good option but it's not easy when all you wanna do is talk. Just talk, but to someone else about something else.

Remember, a normal person cannot argue with himself, it takes two to tango. He'll give it up if you don't fuel it.
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 19, 2017
What're you quarrelling about most of the time? Based on your posts it seems both you and your husband are temperamental.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by hopeforcharles(m): 6:18am On Feb 19, 2017
chy4luv:
See u, just imagine your statement I don't take Non sense during my period are u the only on that haves period? What are u forming? It is obvious that u are the major problem,, mind u the African settings is more favorable to the man than the woman if you dare separate from him you are @ the losing end.
You sound like a very arrogant woman u better change or it will cost u ur family
And I just went through your profile and noticed you are based in the UK,
But what I said about African settings still apply.
Keep running your mouth like tap
Wehdone ma

6 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by Chitos(f): 9:14am On Feb 19, 2017
Best option to me is to be quiet when there is nothing cognitive to share. Argument further destroys relationship. SILENCE IS GOLDEN

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by chy4luv: 9:50am On Feb 19, 2017
Why should I be the one to always keep quiet why can't he do the same especially knowing my time. This is what annoys me. He is 11yrs older than me but shows no atom of maturity.
Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by bebe2(f): 10:07am On Feb 19, 2017
greatgod2012:
If the two of you have been living together for the past ten years, I assume you both should have understood yourselves better!

Try and avoid arguing with him if that's what usually lead to your frequent misunderstandings. Then find the appropriate time to discuss what's in your mind!

Fighting always in the presence of kids is not good for their psychology, for their sake, adjust and compromise within the level you can remain sane and normal!

U spoke my mind.

She shud learn to ignore some things, me and my husband was at it everyday. The man will be telling me white is black, and i will be shouting arguing to prove my point.

These days when I sense it coming, I quickly move on to the next topic.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by homerac7: 10:22am On Feb 19, 2017
chy4luv:
Why should I be the one to always keep quiet why can't he do the same especially knowing my time. This is what annoys me. He is 11yrs older than me but shows no atom of maturity.

Solution to your problem is not difficult. Only decide to be the more matured and tolerant one when argument arises. Don't shout back, rather "hold on" in your mind and call his attention to what he did calmly later by asking the "why" questions, and your opinion "suggested". This requires tact and self control, but you can master it quickly.

Remember, you are also his mother, so indulge him like you would do with a teenage child.

Two like charges wij always repel, while unlike charges will attract.

Patience my dear. Patience.

I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Quarrel A Lot by kwaso2: 10:49am On Feb 19, 2017
chy4luv:
This is the only problem you have trust me. Nothing else.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do/Would You Call Your Spouse? / Could This Be Love ? / ♥ Heart Touching Story Of The MONTH (must Read) ♥

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.