Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Poem Of Appraisal For Birthday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem Of Appraisal For Birthday (534 Views)

Poem: Black & White (A Poem Of Longing) / Poem :where We Came From - Poem Of Betrayal By Government / New Love Poem: Dear Dove(a Poem Of Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem Of Appraisal For Birthday by iJhoe(m): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
BORN GREAT

Ooh!holy God of the good heavens!
In graces you ensue in power and resplendency.
Thou art a mighty nonesuch of indescribable eminence,
Fill up to the lofty brims of the suspended skies.
GREAT wonderers of blue seas, deep oceans, sharp grit, amazing gems and minerals, flourishing foliage, awesome aqua-bodies, and the perfect humans.

Ooh! what a rasp day of rack mumbles and stressful severe strains.
The day I was rid of squared and cubed foetal discharge,
Held strong by fleshy bones and bolts of the full-bossomly gut fender.
The great day some generous cries make me wild from the seeming underworld pains.
This one time an event, my frail mind tugged at me that i-am-in-for-it,
In for what? in for what I will tussle and be at odds with, that I can seem or seem not to conquer.

God bless those who bore me.
Even the spirits of the prevailing tendencies recite their praises like the mellufluous songfest of the heavenly arch-angels,
As if they know that what lies behind are tiny; big, crack and crevices across swift angles.
Through pangs of persistent pains, they bred me.
With frightening cautionary-tale, a caveat at the outset was handed down on me.
covered deep in the sea, high up on the mountain, they remain and will forever mean a world to me.

Now that the wilder scrum grows,
The calmer I should be like the harmless capers.
Holy!God help me that I may hit on it harder and accelerate a bit faster.
Without a contrasting muscle over,
And no flicker of doubt on my face.
Basking is my heart with unquenchable euphoria.

(1) (Reply)

Entangled Souls (episode 5) / That Feeling... / Lie To Me, Dan (novel Review)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.