Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking (34840 Views)

Nigerian Artist Victor Ekpuk Creates The Largest Outdoor Sculpture In Bahrain / Damien Hirst Accused Of Plagiarizing Nigerian Ile-Ife Ancient Sculpture / Man Creates Sculpture Of Ambode, Tinubu With Human Hair (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by CastedDude: 3:50am On Feb 19, 2017
This controversial sculpture has sparked a heated debate both online and offline after being spotted in an open place at Union Bank roundabout in Gboko area of Benue state. While some Benue citizens are saying that the sculpture is that of a cow, others are arguing that looks like a shrine monument..

Most online users have condemned the erection of the controversial sculpture at the public place -saying traditionalism is now taking over thee state. See below;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/see-controversial-sculpture-spotted-in.html

1 Share

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by CastedDude: 3:52am On Feb 19, 2017

1 Share

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by temitemi1(m): 4:06am On Feb 19, 2017
what is controversial about this undecided

39 Likes

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by chriskosherbal(m): 4:12am On Feb 19, 2017
Well to me it still pass as a normal sculpture.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by ThinkSmarter: 6:06am On Feb 19, 2017
Africans and their mentality.
There is nothing controversial here abeg.
Go to India, China, UK,Egypt etc and check out their public places and museum.
The whites brainwashed Africans using religion.
Just take a look at the countries that rejected their impositions like India, China.
We re even more religious than the people that brought it.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by DoyenExchange: 6:58am On Feb 19, 2017
It's just an artistic work na...haba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by PMPhoenix(m): 6:59am On Feb 19, 2017
It has patterns similar to the Edo ivory masks, would've been easily looked over save for the horns and maybe the teeth, those are odd IMO, but then again nobody makes art for it to be easily looked over.

2 Likes

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2017
What is Controversial here?

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by TPAND(f): 7:20am On Feb 19, 2017
Controversial indeed.

I was expecting to see what I see in jeju island here

4 Likes

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by hemartins(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2017
A cow with human head grin. Whoever did that piece did a bad job.

4 Likes

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2017
TPAND:
Controversial indeed.

I was expecting to see what I see in jeju island here
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by sakalisis(m): 8:39am On Feb 19, 2017
Okies
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by brostheo(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2017
Loool looks so much like babu
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by salbis(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2017
Unnecessary distractions everywhere.
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by priscaoge(f): 8:41am On Feb 19, 2017
Controversial I thought Arts and Sculptures like this is what Africa is known for? They should visit some of these Ancient Cities like Benin etc! We have many of these Arts work erected in Owerri by Rochas! I see them as a mere Art, if there's any other thing attached to it, na them sabi undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by batstan(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
Ignorance of my people .

grin grin
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by corperscorner: 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
Reminds me of Modu Sheriff

See the teeth grin

2 Likes

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
undecidedwho cares.It's ugly
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by ameezy(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by lastmaster(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2017
This art work sucks

2 Likes

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by obaival(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2017
When will buhari live Nigeria alone

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by omenkaLives(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
Sculture of a "Kwagh hiigh" masquerade.

It's a Tiv thing. Nothing strange there.

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by scobaba: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2017
Op just wants his controversial face to appear on front page. Thats all.

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2017
this na monkey,no be cow

special easter land promo 2017. Date..saturday 25th march, 2017....Time..11am...venue..DE-santos hotel, 7 shasha road, akowonjo roundabout by dopemu overhead, lagos
BENEFITS
1. attendees will subscribe to all our estate projects at highly subsidized prices
2. secure a piece of land with as low as N10,000
3. your registration ticket qualifies you to win a free plot of land.
call or whatsapp 08105832193 for tickets...
registration fee...N2,000

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:
Controversial I thought Arts and Sculptures like this is what Africa is known for? They should visit some of these Ancient Cities like Benin etc! We have many of these Arts work elected in Owerri by Rochas! I see them as a mere Art, if there's any other thing attached to it, na them sabi undecided undecided undecided
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Michellla(f): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:
Controversial I thought Arts and Sculptures like this is what Africa is known for? They should visit some of these Ancient Cities like Benin etc! We have many of these Arts work elected in Owerri by Rochas! I see them as a mere Art, if there's any other thing attached to it, na them sabi undecided undecided undecided
i know right?

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Pavore9: 8:50am On Feb 19, 2017
What I see is art!
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 19, 2017
Not bad at all.

Have you checked my signature today?
Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by MARKone(m): 8:58am On Feb 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: See The Controversial Sculpture Spotted In Benue That Has Got People Talking by Mrnoniz(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Pencil Drawing. WOW / The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds / 2d Animaton Learning Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.