Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene (774 Views)

"Why I Stabbed My Boyfriend To Death" - 18 Year Old Girl Confesses / 18-Month-Old Baby Raped To Death By A Relative In South Africa / Man Kills His 18-Month-Old Daughter In Makurdi, "A Voice Told Him She's A Witch" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by Flexherbal(m): 5:37am On Feb 19, 2017
Mrs Buhari feeds to death 18-month- old baby with kerosene

ON FEBRUARY 19, 2017

By Simon Ebegbulem, Benin-City

TRAGEDY struck in Benin-City after 18 month old baby died, hours after the mother mistakenly served the child kerosene instead of water.

The tragic incident occurred at Iguma Street, Off Orewere Street,Medical Stores Road, Benin-City, about 10am. Sunday Vanguard learnt that the child requested for water, but Mrs. Ata Buhari, who sells kerosene, gave him the product stored in a beverage can thinking it was water.

She was shocked when the child spat out the kerosene, prompting the mother to cry for help.

It was learnt that minutes after swallowing the product, the little child’s eyes turned white, while screaming in pains. At this point, neighbours rushed to assist, forced the child to gulp some red oil before rushing him to hospital. The child died before receiving further treatment from the hospital.

Lamenting her ordeal, Mrs. Buhari, a native of Kogi State, regretted that one of her children had filled an empty can of beverage with water which they took to the shop that fateful morning, noting, however, that a similar container in which she stored kerosene was equally kept in her shop and, sadly, when the child complained of thirst, she mistakenly picked the one filled with kerosene and gave to the child.

The father of the child, Mr. Buhari Hassan, a bricklayer, said he was called to the hospital where he met the corpse of his only son. He appealed to Edo State government and kind-hearted individuals to assist him as the family lives in abject poverty.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/mrs-buhari-feeds-death-18-month-old-baby-kerosene/
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by Flexherbal(m): 5:45am On Feb 19, 2017
What a pity !

R. I. P. To the dead!
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by rose54321: 5:57am On Feb 19, 2017
The title is misleading o, most people will open this thread thinking its the first lady.

You should modify it.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by GogetterMD(m): 5:57am On Feb 19, 2017
Vanguard newspaper again. Yesterday it was Muhammadu Buhari had penile surgery. undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by GMBuhari: 6:08am On Feb 19, 2017
Bad belle up an dan
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by Flexherbal(m): 6:45am On Feb 19, 2017
GogetterMD:
Vanguard newspaper again. Yesterday it was Muhammadu Buhari had penile surgery. undecided angry
My brother, i tire ooo!

1 Like

Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by Eggcelent(m): 6:46am On Feb 19, 2017
The headline is designed to attract attention/patronage. Of course, expect those who don't like PMB to capitalise on the headline to further demonize the Buhari name

1 Like

Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by EmeeNaka: 6:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Seems anything Buhari is in crisis
From President Muhammadu Buhari who is ill in London to Aisha Buhari who is wanted by FBI for money laundering To a small boy,Buhari Mohammad,whose step mother severed his manhood and now to Mrs Buhari Ata who fed his son Kerosene and killed him
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by TPAND(f): 7:17am On Feb 19, 2017
You gave a child Kerosene thinking it was water.

Please this lie is not tenable in any court of law. Even a mad man knows water and can differentiate it from other like fluids.

Kerosene is greasy, shiny even in the dark. And the repugnant smell of kerosene too
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by sosy25: 8:07am On Feb 19, 2017
The OP has achieved his aim, he made me open this thread. This thread would garner over 5,000 views very soon (from 204 views now) and many people would be deceived into opening this thread.
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by adadike281(f): 8:54am On Feb 19, 2017
so one can no longer differentiate kerosene from water? what kind of careless mother is this?
Re: Mrs Buhari Feeds To Death 18-month- Old Baby With Kerosene by Flexherbal(m): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2017
Eggcelent:
The headline is designed to attract attention/patronage. Of course, expect those who don't like PMB to capitalise on the headline to further demonize the Buhari name

I feel you !

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do Am Accused Of Something I Know Nothing About / Graphics Pics:suspected Kidnapper Had His Face Ripped Apart By Bullets, In Ondo / "I Was Raped By My Reverend Father When I Was 12" - Rape Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.