Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late (9942 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2017
#team late
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 19, 2017
Who cares ! Aslong as the person gles to church..
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Rainmaker69(m): 9:16am On Feb 19, 2017
Deborahj:

Know this today, anytime you go to Church one minute late, you have NOT attended Church at all. There is a register of God, where angels record the name of those who come on time, and you'll be surprised that in Heaven they will tell you, you never attended Church.

What does it mean to arrive late to Church
1) Disrespect to Christ
2) Betrayal of Christ
3) Disregard to the Church and the Pastor
4) Interruption of an eternal Program

With respect, this post is a load of hogwash and codswallop. It trivialises the sacrifice of Jesus. Church is where you spend time with fellow Christians, not a meeting location for a rendezvous with the omnipresent God.

The gospel is for the unsaved, most of whom are outside the walls of the church. Any register that exists was made by a man and is for man.
Not every churchian is a christian

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by brandonobi(m): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2017
Rainmaker69:

With respect, this post is a load of hogwash and codswallop. It trivialises the sacrifice of Jesus. Church is where you spend time with fellow Christians, not a meeting location for a rendezvous with the omnipresent God.

The gospel is for the unsaved, most of whom are outside the walls of the church. Any register that exists was made by a man and is for man.
Not every churchian is a christian
as in eh, as if going to church an hour early will mean anything if u aren't one who does the will of God
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Barbiedollz(f): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2017
as for me i prefer to go to church early especially because i do not want to miss the praise and worship session. dats like my best part of the service.
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Syphax(m): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:
I attend 6:30am Service always and by 9am the service is over! When I come back, I will have time to do some chores and have enough rest!

Op as for the later goers, one Rev Father once said that those that have too many clothes always go to church late especially Ladies, they will be where they are choosing and changing cloths the service will go half way cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But then to me, some people come late because of maybe the distance! By the time they will get a taxi/Keke/Bus to their destination, it will be late! U know the road is not always busy on Sunday morning and sometimes u won't get a bus quickly. Anyway everybody have their reasons tho! Only the lazy ones wake up late on Sundays when they know they want to go to church.
St pauls Calabar?
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by lagosrd: 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
Fabulocity:
Oshey! Time keeper of God's blessings! I sight you. Keep on determining on God's behalf when the blessings would start and end. Special adviser on the timing of blessings. You're doing a great job!

Can I ask this dude to tell me when exactly God blesses his people. The last time I checked God looks at our inner mind while men looks at the outward things. Hypocrites in churches nowadays.
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by emmayayodeji(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
eyeofpride:
I love to attend service early on Sundays in order to be among the first group of people to receive the blessings of the Lord. I'm in Church by 7am for Sunday school. Service finish by 10:30. But you'll see some others strolling into Church by 9:15 when the sermon has already started. I wonder, why they don't stay home instead because I feel there is no more Blessing left by that time.
So my people, why do church goers prefer to go to Church late? Is it to advertise their new clothes

Shut the f*ck up u self righteous bi**ch!!!

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Epositive(m): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Teaser4:
I belong to d late comers category, i hate going to church,if i wan go. Make don silly no go put me 4 front,like na me wan preach. dos wey enter 9:15am stil come early, na 10:15 i go enter,and na me go leave first no time, i too mumu

you come check people wey dy church

#sorry4dmumustuff
#positivevibes
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Teaser4(m): 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Shut the f*ck up u self righteous bi**ch!!!
Your IQ no fit send mtn msg, this shows how dumb you are, get a life p u n k. quote me die prematurely
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Interesting15: 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
DebbyChris:
I like going to church early but since this year i can't remember going to church early. God help me o!!

1. If you are a nairaland addict, it might be having a negative impact on you. How?

Many people here type rubbish things against the church and God. As you read them every time, they slowly and unconsciously begin getting into you.

2. Perhaps you use to do other chores before going to church.

Try to always do whatever you intend doing on Saturday nights.

In the Bible, the day before the Sabbath is called the day of preparation. They prepares for the Sabbath.

So prepare all what you want to do right on Saturday.

It's a sacrifice, but God sees all and he rewards justly.

God bless us all.
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Riyikebaby(f): 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
eyeofpride:
I love to attend service early on Sundays in order to be among the first group of people to receive the blessings of the Lord. I'm in Church by 7am for Sunday school. Service finish by 10:30. But you'll see some others strolling into Church by 9:15 when the sermon has already started. I wonder, why they don't stay home instead because I feel there is no more Blessing left by that time.
So my people, why do church goers prefer to go to Church late? Is it to advertise their new clothes

I don't agree we this, you can get to church late due to unforeseen circumstances

Besides, life is a whole lot easier with live streaming, I can just stay back at home and stream service from my itel S31
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by emmayayodeji(m): 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Teaser4:
Your IQ no fit send mtn msg, this shows how dumb you are, get a life p u n k. quote me die prematurely
I don quote you
Oya send Ur fairy tale god to come and kill me

Idiot
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Omoluabi16(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:
I attend 6:30am Service always and by 9am the service is over! When I come back, I will have time to do some chores and have enough rest!

Op as for the later goers, one Rev Father once said that those that have too many clothes always go to church late especially Ladies, they will be where they are choosing and changing cloths the service will go half way cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

But then to me, some people come late because of maybe the distance! By the time they will get a taxi/Keke/Bus to their destination, it will be late! U know the road is not always busy on Sunday morning and sometimes u won't get a bus quickly. Anyway everybody have their reasons tho! Only the lazy ones wake up late on Sundays when they know they want to go to church.
I'm so inconsistent. today I go by 8..next time 10. even if I wake up 4am, my laziness must stop me. pressing phone or any other irrelevant thing. God help me

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by solomix10(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
i only skip sunday schls... Cos it boring to me thereby makin me feel dixxy throughout d rest of the service... i wud rather attend after sunday sch,Listen to sermon nd worship God...paaam
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by priscaoge(f): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I'm so inconsistent. today I go by 8..next time 10. even if I wake up 4am, my laziness must stop me. pressing phone or any other irrelevant thing. God help me

Lol u are not alone when it comes to pressing phone early in d morning! Everyone is guilty of that cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by priscaoge(f): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Syphax:

St pauls Calabar?

Lol, the one at Watts market? Whenever I'm in Cally, I attend Dominion and it's pretty close to my house, so I attend their first service.
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Omoluabi16(m): 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:

Lol u are not alone when it comes to pressing phone early in d morning! Everyone is guilty of that cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol yeah. From just wanting to read the headlines, to reply my mentions to reading comments, before checking whatsapp, mails, goal.com. for my mind I go say lemme just 'briefly' check. I go end up using hours. let's try to change Jare.
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by priscaoge(f): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol yeah. From just wanting to read the headlines, to reply my mentions to reading comments, before checking whatsapp, mails, goal.com. for my mind I go say lemme just 'briefly' check. I go end up using hours. let's try to change Jare.

Yes ooooo! Exactly what I do most times. Check Headlines on Nairaland, then straight to Instablog9ja on IG angry angry angry before Whatsapp and Facebook. Chaiii! Phone addiction na sickness oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Omoluabi16(m): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:

Yes ooooo! Exactly what I do most times. Check Headlines on Nairaland, then straight to Instablog9ja on IG angry angry angry before Whatsapp and Facebook. Chaiii! Phone addiction na sickness oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hehe.. you need koboko. grin

but no joke, it's a sickness.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by Syphax(m): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
priscaoge:

Lol, the one at Watts market? Whenever I'm in Cally, I attend Dominion and it's pretty close to my house, so I attend their first service.
No, I was talking about the one inside UNICAL.
The one at watts is Sacred Heart Cathedral
Re: Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late by priscaoge(f): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Syphax:

No, I was talking about the one inside UNICAL.
The one at watts is Sacred Heart Cathedral

Oh OK no Dear!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ten Commandments In The New Testament / The Spiritual Meaning Of The Cursed Fig Tree / What Is The Sin Of Omission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.