Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,663 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

What Will Your Wedding Cost? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (10871 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / Decorate Your Wedding Halls And Reception At An Affordable Price. / What Is Your Worst Fear On Your Wedding Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by finemocha(f): 5:39am On Dec 17, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^

and the response of a man
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by freshmoney(m): 5:40am On Dec 17, 2009
Met a girl 5 years back. I asked her how much would you anticipate your wedding to be? She said 15 million Naira. I dumped her(not because of her response, but for other reasons),went for a woman I really loved,got married 4 years back. Now the girl is a desperado. You can even marry her without the wedding ritual grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by finemocha(f): 5:42am On Dec 17, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^

yeah, i still want a platinum wedding sha. my fiance better get ready. and we arent doing it american style either, where the girls parents pay. llololol
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by freshmoney(m): 5:44am On Dec 17, 2009
finemocha:

^^^^^^^^^^

yeah, i still want a platinum wedding sha. my fiance better get ready. and we arent doing it american style either, where the girls parents pay. llololol

Ole. Your own view ,no money, no marriage. Typical african woman,chei grin
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by ima1(f): 5:47am On Dec 17, 2009
mine cost about 3mil naira, parents might have spent more cuz it was their first wedding. dad got too excited and wanted a big wedding.
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by r231(m): 6:08am On Dec 17, 2009
reception hall - N380,000
engagement hall - N220,000
decoration (halls X2) - N350,000
food (2days) - N750,000
cakes - N120,000
invitation cards (600) - £80,000
cloths for engagement (aso oke both) - N110,000
cloths for reception - N80,000

wedding dress £750,00
suit - £500
rings - £1700
flight to 9ja X2 - £1200.00

and some other extra cost dat come unexpected,,,these are just d basic
do the maths i am tired of working it out dats how much ma head hurts wen i am trying to calculate but i am getting married in 3 months time
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by finemocha(f): 6:15am On Dec 17, 2009
@freshmoney

ur name is very deceieving oh grin. but come on my parents have 4 girls if they spend that much on my wedding what will happen to my sisters now. me am a very considerate daughter oh. so that is y the hubby should pay now. abi u no gree lolol
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by jaybee3(m): 6:16am On Dec 17, 2009
@r231
abt 10 gees right?
dats def reasonable
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by r231(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2009
jay bee:

@r231
abt 10 gees right?
dats def reasonable

yea
it was around 7- 8 before but when the whole planning started things changed and it still changing
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by kawkab: 6:33am On Dec 17, 2009
The cost of a wedding depends on the individual concerned.  I have seen cases where most men and women have insisted in having expensive wedding.

However, from what I have seen most women like expensive wedding; because they believe it is a one in a lifetime celebration.  There are som many things that is also once in a life time. They would tell you they want to keep it simple, but deep inside them they want a big celebration. So they go for expensive wedding halls, very expensive ring etc.

How much you spend or how grand your wedding ceremony is does not determine the success of your marriage.  Most couple plan how to spend money on their wedding ceremony and leave out how to spend money on the marriage.  Most people stretch themselves to the limit in preparing for a wedding because of the unrealistic budget.  So they set up different committee of friends.  Committee of Friends in the Office, of Old School Mates, in the Church, etc.

No matter how much you spend your wedding would not be the best in the world neither would it be the worst. Even if your have the means, moderation should be the watchword.
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by dayokanu(m): 6:44am On Dec 17, 2009
Cant we do the wedding via web conferencing all the guest sign in to our wedding/meeting ID and listen to us exchange vows after 30minutes they disconnect their phone.

Wedding over

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2009
dayokanu:

Cant we do the wedding via web conferencing all the guest sign in to our wedding/meeting ID and listen to us exchange vows after 30minutes they disconnect their phone.

Wedding over
grin grin grin grin grin NO
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by r231(m): 6:47am On Dec 17, 2009
kawkab:

The cost of a wedding depends on the individual concerned.  I have seen cases where most men and women have insisted in having expensive wedding.

However, from what I have seen most women like expensive wedding; because they believe it is a one in a lifetime celebration.  There are som many things that is also once in a life time. They would tell you they want to keep it simple, but deep inside them they want a big celebration. So they go for expensive wedding halls, very expensive ring etc.

How much you spend or how grand your wedding ceremony is does not determine the success of your marriage.  Most couple plan how to spend money on their wedding ceremony and leave out how to spend money on the marriage.  Most people stretch themselves to the limit in preparing for a wedding because of the unrealistic budget.  So they set up different committee of friends.  Committee of Friends in the Office, of Old School Mates, in the Church, etc.

No matter how much you spend your wedding would not be the best in the world neither would it be the worst. Even if your have the means, moderation should be the watchword.

true
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by FMK(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2009
what you got as Reimbursement after sending so lot of money to your wedding ? and after that you start going door to door begging again
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by hackney(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2009
Weddings costing a lot means you are purchasing the girl.
Therefore after such expenses, if she misbehaves i will sell her organs.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by r231(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2009
hackney:

Weddings costing a lot means you are purchasing the girl.
Therefore after such expenses, if she misbehaves i will sell her organs.
grin grin grin grin grin

oh oh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by r231(m): 7:19am On Dec 17, 2009
its more expensive in london
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by slimes(m): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2009
nothing but common sense.
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by royalicon(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2009
Its costing me sensible planning. This is real action with little spending.

You are all invited. Details @ www.oluwasegunfunmi.org
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by texazzpete(m): 8:11am On Dec 17, 2009
Got married 3 weeks ago, spent about 2.2 mil.

C'est la vie!
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by CarlosVent(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2009
she must be a virgin and i will spend 2mil
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by carnal: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2009
for the weddin we spent a little over a 700k including the tradtional rites because we kept it low key but the ring itself cost close to half a million,my wife told me she wants that expensive ring because its once in a life time and since we can both afford it we went for it.
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by HERO111: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2009
@poster,
i think it all depends on ur capacity. Generally, wat should guide u shld be d reality of catering for ur family u will face after d wedding feast. So many financial needs will surface that u ddnt foresee.
Remmber u may not want to start owing after d wedding.
I just did mind not too long ago, i spent according to my financial strenght as at that time like N700k. and everytin went on well i thank God.
wish d best.
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by Alxmyr(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2009
r231:

reception hall - N380,000
engagement hall - N220,000
decoration (halls X2) - N350,000
food (2days) - N750,000
cakes - N120,000
invitation cards (600) - £80,000
cloths for engagement (aso oke both) - N110,000
cloths for reception - N80,000

wedding dress £750,00
suit - £500
rings - £1700
flight to 9ja X2 - £1200.00

and some other extra cost dat come unexpected,,,these are just d basic
do the maths i am tired of working it out dats how much ma head hurts wen i am trying to calculate but i am getting married in 3 months time

I feel for you. Hope you will still be able to laugh and dance well on the day when you discover that most of the money you worked for is gone in just 2 days
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by ochiaha: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2009
as for me 80k is enuf 4 it,
no 2much pple
my elder brother, mum and 2 frnds will be in attendances shocked shocked
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by pnettech(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2009
To some it's their happiest day, I'll send depends on my account status but will never borrow, lol
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by hbabe(f): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2009
I won't borrow money for my wedding but hope the total cost doesn't exceed N2m.
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by dernearla(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2009
@ poster, it is not how far but how well. The amount of money spent nor the talk about town doesn't determine the success of a marriage. It is the understanding between the husband and wife that matters
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by FMK(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2009
hbabe:

I won't borrow money for my wedding but hope the total cost doesn't exceed N2m.

Send me your Bank Account cool
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by salvo583: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2009
its gas be the talk of the town town for months
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by r231(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2009
Alxmyr:

I feel for you. Hope you will still be able to laugh and dance well on the day when you discover that most of the money you worked for is gone in just 2 days

tell me about it bro. I am feeling it alrdy. you don't want to see the first budget i have to use d biggest cutlass to srt slicing it down and you know sometimes it not easy to take a woman away from their dream wedding all you hear is I AM ONLY DOING IT ONE TIME. As for me i don't mind wearing a £100 suit and just get on with it but they don't see it dat way
Re: What Will Your Wedding Cost? by udennaa: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2009
as much as i can afford

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where To Buy Natural Sea Salt In Lagos, Nigeria / Close Up "Original Naija Smile Contest" / Planning A Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.