Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,310 members, 7,867,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating (3040 Views)

"People Still Wish It Was Falz I Got Married To" - Simi Opens Up / Princess Shyngle Reveals The Kind Of Man She Currently Needs / Simi Opens Up On The First Time She Met Adekunle Gold and their Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by oluwafrizzy(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2017
source http://www.frizzyhub.com/2017/02/adekunle-gold-or-falz-thebadtguy-simi.html
Latest Etisalat Ambassador and songstress, Simi who has been alleged to be dating Adekunle Gold and Falz TheBadtGuy has opened up on her kind of man.

The velvet-voiced singer speaks to Lanre Odukoya of New Telegraph about her career, family and love.

Your lyrics mostly appear really deep, do you write all of them?
I write my lyrics myself and for other people. I am not just a singer; I am a songwriter, I mix and master most of my songs myself.
How do you develop lyrics?
It depends on how deep I want to go with a particular song I am putting together. ‘Jamb Question’ is not really a deep song, but people got the message I was communicating.
That is the most important thing. I write my lyrics based on happenings around me and things people shared with me.
Do you decide the songs you make or the label?
I don’t know about other record labels, but I am at liberty to write my song at any time and do whatever I like with it. My label has always been supportive, though there have cases they didn’t do things my way.
Before we released ‘Jamb Question,’ I was going to drop ‘Open and Close,’ but my management team disagreed on that. I felt bad, but it turned out to be a great decision.
To whom do you owe your success?
I have an amazing team; there is really little I can do myself. Though I write my song, mix and master, my management team makes things to work well for me. They make sure at all time that I stand on the right path. I have always been favoured; God loves me so much.
Is humour a signature on your songs?
All of them have a bit of it It is something people now notice in my music, but there are also songs that have no touch of humour. And most of my songs that have humour are normally realistic.
Who is Simi away from the glitz?
I am very straightforward and I like to say things the way I see them. One thing I dislike is pretense and I don’t like people who pretend. When I see something and I feel there is much to say about it, I say it in a polite way.
Would you say anything has changed since you joined Xtreme Music?
A lot has changed. Before I got signed, I was doing music myself. Now, the management takes care of me and my music.
I am more focused and I now understand that entertainment is an industry that comes with much work if you want to stay relevant.
What hasn’t fame changed about your person?
I am still the real me. I could still stop and buy roasted plantain on the streets. I am not blown away by fame because I don’t get excited about it.
I am simply happy about my celebrity status because more people know my music and want to relate with it.
Do you plan to drop your debut album anytime soon?
I am dropping it this year; all hands are on deck towards a successful debut album. I won’t give details for now because we are still deliberating on some things.
What’s been your staying power?
That’s passion, I pay less attention to things, but one thing that keeps me more focused is music. I really want to learn more about music; it pushes me on.
You’re a graduate of mass communication, would you be doing anything with that degree?
I have a blog, though I have not been consistent with it. I love writing; if I wasn’t doing music, I would probably be a writer or a radio personality. Writing is still part of me; you can’t do music without media.
What was life growing up?
I was a tomboy growing up and it was because I grew up with my three elder brothers. I used to like snickers and jeans, and our father really spoiled us. We watched movies a lot too, growing up was fun.
Since my brothers preferred horror movies, I had no choice other than to watch with them. But when I was nine years old, my parents got separated and it was a really tough time for the children because we had to grow up fast. I thank God things went well in the long run.
Are you not threatened by other female artistes?
I don’t feel threatened because there is enough room for everyone to be successful. So I am not competing with anyone and anytime I see someone
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 19, 2017
They didn't ask her if she is still pregnant and who the father is tongue
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by Berbierklaus(f): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2017
ToriBlue:
They didn't ask her if she is still pregnant and who the father is tongue
Pregnancy is like a city set on the rock, it cannot be hidden grin
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Pregnancy is like a city set on the rock, it cannot be hidden grin
But it can be removed so they should ask her if she is still pregnant.
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by Berbierklaus(f): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
ToriBlue:
But it can be removed so they should ask her if she is still pregnant.
shocked
You think someone like Simi will abort?
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2017
Berbierklaus:

shocked
You think someone like Simi will abort?
I don't underestimate people.
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by verygudbadguy(m): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2017
There is no question and answer relating to Falz or Adekunle Gold in your write up.

I should have called on DSS to get you arrested for Fraud but I will let it slide. You gave the heading to get our attention. grin

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by Berbierklaus(f): 11:47am On Feb 19, 2017
ToriBlue:
I don't underestimate people.
gringrin
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by derrick333(m): 11:57am On Feb 19, 2017
verygudbadguy:
There is no question and answer relating to Falz or Adekunle Gold in your write up.

I should have called on DSS to get you arrested for Fraud but I will let it slide. Your gave the heading to get our attention. grin
omo! Dat is ehnnn we gat report dis ,I read n read n evn read in btwin d lines jus to c dat,tank God ,I jus decided to chek pipo comments n I saw urs,op don kolo embarassed undecided
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by thunderfiremods(m): 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
who else didnt read all that.....mtchewww d tin no even relate wit d topic
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by femolacqua(m): 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
What's the correlation?
Re: Adekunle Gold Or Falz Thebadtguy: Simi Opens Up On Who She’s Currently Dating by slythomas11: 12:14am On Feb 20, 2017
she talk 2much

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Moment Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Vladimir Klitschko (video, photos) / Yemi Alade Dresses As An African Queen For Her MAMA AFRICA Tour / Neymar Spent $180K On Watches In 1 Day And It Turned Into An Endorsement!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.