Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On (659 Views)

Controversy Over Couple's Death In Enugu, As Wife's Family Hold On To Kids / Hold On To Your Man,a Lesson To All Women(picture) / House Hold Items For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by Appswheel(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Heading home from the adjoining street to my house, I caught sight of two ladies talking, smiling and gesticulating. It appeared they were on the lookout for a Taxi. I kept my ears open as I walked past them.

The taller of the two ladies revealed to the other, “I am not comfortable wearing this dress”. I turned my head to see her dress; a pink flowery patterned dress revealing her spotless, fair skin and just long enough to cover her bum. She was struggling to maintain her balance on a 6 inch ankle shoe. Her friend chuckled at her confession and said reassuringly, “You’d soon get used to wearing it”.

As I continued my walk home, “I am not comfortable wearing this dress” resurfaced on my mind. The lady models a new convert to the “runs girl” business. It was a Friday night; she’s probably on her first assignment – to a strip club or sugar daddy’s place.

In my meditation, this part of scriptures came to mind,” Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect” (Romans 12:2) – New Living Translation.

As recession bites hard, individuals once seen as upright, honest and reliable are beginning to waver. I am here to encourage such individuals; hold onto your good values.

A good name is still better than gold and riches. Turn to God, be creative, network, unleash your talents and pray. The days of recession are numbered; you’d triumph in Jesus Name (Amen).

Hold On!

To read more of my writings, visit www.olorunfemibabatunde.com, submit your email with the subscription text field to receive my future writings.
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by dingbang(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Thanks for this inspiring piece.. I was almost thinking of taking up arms to get my own share of the national cake too...
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by Egokate: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
Just hold on in Joel's voice

Meanwhile, u want some quick cash, check my signature
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by dingbang(m): 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
Egokate:
Just hold on in Joel's voice

Meanwhile, u want some quick cash, check my signature
lol the op is preaching perseverance na.. And yet u are doing d same thing he is preaching against.

Esusu... grin
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by Egokate: 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
lol the op is preaching perseverance na.. And yet u are doing d same thing he is preaching against.

Esusu... grin
At least no be runz now cheesy
And it is paying fast, got paid less than 24 hours, register through my link for faster payment..
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by dingbang(m): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Egokate:

At least no be runz now cheesy
doesn't necessarily mean it must be runs...

Doing all these just makes one to be extra greedy for money... And greed isn't cool..
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by Egokate: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
doesn't necessarily mean it must be runs...

Doing all these just makes one to be extra greedy for money... And greed isn't cool..
Nah,
It's not always about greed, trust me
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by dingbang(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Egokate:

Nah,
It's not always about greed, trust me
lol den what is it about?

I remember vividly I used to partake in one or two ponzi schemes until I got scammed...
Re: Don’t Give In Yet…. Hold On by Egokate: 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
lol den what is it about?

I remember vividly I used to partake in one or two ponzi schemes until I got scammed...
Ehya sorry ehn

This one is different

(1) (Reply)

Woman Interrupted During BBC Interview (video) / I Didn’t Want A Baby From My Girlfriend, Says Teen Dad Who Beat 16-month-old.... / Father Allows 5-year-old Son To Smoke Shisha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.