Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites (538 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Hurlstarling: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
I remember so vivid then how ecstatic I was in God's presence. Full of life and joy, in fact led praises in youth gatherings. So it becomes quite unbelievable how vast things have changed over the course of three years, and how well I personally have changed.

The beginning of this I cannot pinpoint. However, the causes I can suggest. Over the years I have become an active thinker with logic dominating most of my reasonings. These registered quite a lot of dissonance between what I used to belief and what reality presents as same it has helped in understanding the universe and God purpose for humanity, and what he is doing to achieve this despite the human race being unappreciative. Also, my not so interested in many things and zero emotional level could have also contributed to the lack of Joy in God's presence, since Joy is a positively heightened emotion. This then stands not the problem but, "My inability to make use of my gift."

As a thinker I do so well in the line of writing, so the gift of writing which is intellectual I exhibit without restraint despite my personality, in fact it favours it. My other gift which propels this piece is the musical skills: I am a songwriter and singer.

Unable, is the verb that relates to this gift. Of course I try my best going to church despite my so restrained spectrum of interest. That wouldn't be a problem, the problem is the joy is not so much there: the need to be part of what they do. I see choristers sing and every time I wish I can be part of that, sing with them to the God of my fathers. The gift is there, I have written hundreds of songs, taught couples in the past, still write, just I can't exhibit the will to sing or teach them any longer. I am approaching zero level of interest in spiritual activities. Conflicting is I still love God having understand his plan for humanity. So the author is not an, and can never be an atheist. This is evident in my coming novel "A Loveline" (I will like you read it).

So, if anyone knows how, and how and well, well and good, efficient practical not spiritually placed steps to exercise this music skills of mine in God's presence as I expressly do here with my writing skills, I will be glad to see it shared.

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

CC: Lalasticlala OAM4J SEUN
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Karlovich: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
well religion is meant for the gullible, ask yourself which side u want to belong to. In Nigeria alone religion has caused so many problems.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Hurlstarling: 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Karlovich:
well religion is meant for the gullible, ask yourself which side u want to belong to. In Nigeria alone religion has caused so many problems.
I will assume you don't understand English.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by toslex00001: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
Dont panic somethings come with maturity just keep on writing them with time you will burst out i have the same issue but I believe that with time I'll change and have more intrest in the things of God

(1) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Pyramid-schemes / Pastor Suleiman's Wife Speaks Out / 6 Types Of Atheist (you Will Barely Save From It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.