Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow (38281 Views)

Jumia Shuts Down Operations In Cameroon / Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues / Lagosians Groan As Price Of Cooking Gas Hits N4,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by AngelicBeing: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Yomieluv:
Buhari is a failure personified.
True that grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Sebastine1994(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Mark you my word oh kids. Nigeria will continue going in circles. Trying to sniff her dirty butt until a Moses arise to help us. I predict the music industry will lose some fame.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by caniva(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Groan ké?

Am a Lagosian, but sincerely I never enter KFC before. So, how their closure go come make person groan.

Pls OP, change the topic to somtin better.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by dajx: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
Unless this country fixes power, every attempted attempt to make significant economic progress is just a ruse..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
E done hard oooooooooooo...

Make unah use Una head nah..

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by softheart4love(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2017
Newshelm:
Lagos residents have expressed their displeasure following the recent development that popular fast food chain, KFC, will shut down operations across the State.

It was learnt that all KFC outlets in Lagos will shut down operations from tomorrow, Monday, February 20, 2017, except the ones operative in shoppong malls due to low patronage and high cost of power.

As a result, KFC Outlets in popular areas such as Ilupeju, Sabo, Ikeja, Ogba and other parts of Lagos metropolis will effectively close with residents unable to have their favourite meal at the outlets.

While one can’t rule out the current economic downturn in the country as a factor leading to the decision by the company, this development has however led to a myriad of Lagosians condemning the economic policies of the present administration in the country.

According to Muyiwa Olumide, “it is so sad businesses shut down due to low sales and high cost of power.” Another resident, Oluseun succinctly puts his thought as “the industry is so cold.”

Efforts to reach the management of KFC for comments proved futile as at press time.

It is however shocking that KFC is shutting down operations at a time when other fast food outlets such as Mega Chicken, The Place, Dominos and more are expanding operations in Lagos.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/lagosians-groan-as-kfc-outlets-shut.html

cc lalasticlala

Why nau What happened to 6000 mega watt last yrs December deadline by rocket science minister It's too good to criticise outside the pitch. APC full of lies with Lair Mohammed propaganda...

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by horllyma(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2017
they should come and merge with iya basirat bukataria here.

in this recession, the woman beans and bread no be small thing
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by crazygod(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2017
Good riddance. Their food too cost. With rice wey dem dey pack for moimoi plastic wey dey taste like phensic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Akan(m): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2017
Good development, junk food is not a good import from the west. Eating chicken that has been preserved for over 8 weeks with chemicals does not seem a healthier alternative to eba and ewedu.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Cyberfreak(f): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2017
H
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Lasskeey: 7:43am On Feb 20, 2017
Mama Putt dey everywhere Nyanfu Nyanfu grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by columbus007(m): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2017
So many companies have taken off since the Duara Dullard became president,they r going to lay off staffs and these ones are coming to join the numrous Nigerians that's been sacked from their work in the last 2years.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by dragonking3: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2017
All thanks to Buhari the dullard. Very soon all of them will close and relocate back to UK to meet Buhari there..

Buhari is the most useless person to become president in the history of Nigeria.

cc omenkalives, quotasystem, modath, sarrki, hungerbad, madridguy

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2017
nNEOo:
Thank God,Nancy come and see oh we are not going to KFC grin...ever again angry
grin
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by softheart4love(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2017
veekid:
Mama put is der now; Iya basira right now lld be like

Abeg put me in the loop bcs me and my household hv already pack our load. Me I no mind even if na canoe... To be a prisoner in American is better than to be a free man inn Naija oooo courtesy “BAD GOVERNMENT POLICY"

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by ekpesa(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2017
this change government is really eating up the good side of Nigeria. how did we get here?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by dragonking3: 7:46am On Feb 20, 2017
Cyberfreak:
They should go.
Bye bye kfc
With their expensive food and tiny portions. Maybe is more of these foreign companies leave we will start our own franchises and boat our economy.
Use your brain.. No country survives without foreign investment.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 20, 2017
Good cheesy KFC get out completely .nobody wants their greasy GMO chicken tainting the globe undecided
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by directonpc(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2017
Them been no dey my state sef
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by duni04(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2017
People tend to spend disposable income on pampering themselves with foreign exotic brands like KFC. However in an economy where disposable income has been on the decline, people will still want to have a good time, but also conserve scarce disposable income. The number one causality in situations like this is always overpriced foreign brands with cheaper substitutes that have equal or better quality.
Its simple economics.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Reference(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2017
Glad to know it happened in Lagos. No better way to reset mentalities there.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by nNEOo(m): 7:50am On Feb 20, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
grin

That girl can dig hole in your pocket, make she go back to Georgia abeg undecided
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by anonimi: 7:52am On Feb 20, 2017
Newshelm:
Lagos residents have expressed their displeasure following the recent development that popular fast food chain, KFC, will shut down operations across the State.

It was learnt that all KFC outlets in Lagos will shut down operations from tomorrow, Monday, February 20, 2017, except the ones operative in shoppong malls due to low patronage and high cost of power.

Buhari, thank you for the recession!
Fashola, thank you for the darkness!! angry sad
Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC zombies, thank you for this curse!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2241285_apc20val_jpegd8974d69b37695e4b5dcc89fbc62a3e2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2017
nNEOo:

That girl can dig hole in your pocket, make she go back to Georgia abeg undecided
yer babe American?
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by morzook(m): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2017
please click the link and sign the petition urging the CBN and federal govt to ease the forex laws as it is causing untold hardship to millions. It isn't certain this would work but its better than nothing. please sign and share

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/buhari-emefiele-cbn-please-relax-the-current
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by millhouse: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2017
sad news for OBJ as they get all their chickens from his farm ( he brought them to Nigeria anyway during his dispensation). What a docile govt we have in place now

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by LePrezident(m): 7:59am On Feb 20, 2017
searchng4love:
Preca our date holds... I repeat our date holds time 4pm location KFC Ikeja... Don't be late.

Lol sharp guy
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by Cyberfreak(f): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2017
H

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by LePrezident(m): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Sometimes I wonder wats d genesis of our problem if it was GEJ or is PMB but I now discover our problem started since d era of IBB we are jst feeling it now.........

Actually true, but people will refuse to see it. It is a culmination of bad governance and corruption over the years especially since the time of IBB when these decadence began to be perpetuated with brazen impunity.
Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by repogirl(f): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2017
oluseyiforjesus:
Sometimes I wonder wats d genesis of our problem if it was GEJ or is PMB but I now discover our problem started since d era of IBB we are jst feeling it now.........
our problems began since 1960.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by lollmaolol(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2017
crazygod:
Good riddance. Their food too cost. With rice wey dem dey pack for moimoi plastic wey dey taste like phensic.

You are wicked oooo, do you know how many people are getting their daily food from that business?

It's not a good thing for your company to fold up, its harder to find job these days.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2017
LePrezident:

Actually true, but people will refuse to see it. It is a culmination of bad governance and corruption over the years especially since the time of IBB when these decadence began to be perpetuated with brazen impunity.
Bro your English is too heavy for a Monday morning grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clickbank Q & A: I'm Making Money From Clickbank & Can Teach You [see My Proofs] / Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.