Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Re: 5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: 5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives (482 Views)

How Christians Can Overcome Depression / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / 5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: 5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives by luvmijeje(f): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is a rejoinder to the article posted by From zero to hero and below is the link to the article :
https://www.nairaland.com/3637484/5-steps-christians-fulfil-gods

There's a lot of erroneous fact. if the Author has stated 5 Steps people should take to fulfill their purpose I'll have hold my peace but the Author dabbled into the Bible without backing it up with up with God's words. So I will.
Step 1:
You must decide for yourself what is worthy of your pursuit. No one else should decide for you

You can't be be a follower of Christ and decide what's worthy of your pursuit. Luke 9:23
Then Jesus said to them all "if anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me

You can't be a true Christian without denying yourself what you desire, the sin you love swimming in, and the devil.

Step 2:

Go to your Source to understand your potential. God spoke to the land and said, “Produce!” He spoke to the seas and said, “Teem with creatures!” He spoke to Himself and said, “Let Us create man!” Only God has a complete understanding of why you were created and what your potential is

Then Jesus said in Matt 6:33
Seek ye first first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. And all these things shall be added to you

Your first commandment is to seek his kingdom, he demands obedient from you. When God created Adam, the first instruction he gave to them in Gen 2: 16 - 17 which says

And then commanded man saying "of every tree of the garden, you may freely eat but of the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in that day you shall eat you will surely die.
God first commandment to man was obedience. What God demand from man is obedience. You purpose in life is to follow his leading for your life. Anything out of his purpose is waste of time. Matt 4:4 says
But Jesus answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God

Step 3:
Write down on paper or develop a vision board of every dream, goal or desire that is important to you. Write down anything you want to become, do or possess. This is extremely important.

Habakkuk 2:2 says

And the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain upon tablets, that he may run that readeth it.

Any vision that's not inspired by God is a waste of time. You vision, your dream, your desire must be within his will. Psalm 25:14 says

The secret of the Lord is with those that feared him
You can't seek God first and he won't revealed the secret of world to you.
Daniel 2:29b says
He who reveals secret has made known to us what will be

Step 4: The big vision will come from a series of small decisions.

The big vision will only come when you decide to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness
Luke 9: 24-25

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it but whoever loses his for my sake will save it. For what profit is it to man if he gains the whole world and is himself destroyed or lost

The big vision that every Christians should never lose sight of is eternal life. Everything will do in life should be and an answer to God's commandment. Will I make heaven with what I'm doing right now? Should be the questions every Christians should ask themselves everyday. If Jesus comes today, will I make heaven?

Step 5:
Be aware that God will network you with others to help you get where you are going

John 14:6 says
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

Which still comes to the first commandment Jesus commandment us ' Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness' not your what you desire, not what you want but his commandment.

In conclusion Matt 19:29

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life

You can't serve God unconditionally and lose in life or in the world after.
Re: Re: 5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives by GodsMopol: 12:11am On Mar 03, 2017
Awesome

(1) (Reply)

Praying For Buhari / Amazing Women! / Is It Wrong To Be A Christian Secretly To Preserve Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.