Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport (1778 Views)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / 2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix) / Two Planes Collide At Frankfurt Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Mille: 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Today, I arrived Frankfurt Hahn Airport, Germany from Cluj-Napoca, Romania at 8:30AM. I had finally entered Germany and of course, I was happy. I went through passport control and went to claim my baggage. I have three big luggages, so I took them out one after the other, bought a bus ticket to the Frankfurt Am Main train station so I can take a train to my destination.

I decided to holla at my homies from Cluj. They had told me to notify them when I get to Frankfurt so I went in search of free WiFi and dropped my luggages near the ticket stand. I finally found a free WiFi right at the entrance of the airport. Just when I decided to connect, there was this guy standing beside me, asking me what the time was.

Soon we started talking. This guy was Arab looking but dressed and speaks like an European. He told me he had just got to Germany from Italy and waiting for his Cousin to pick him up. He soon started smoking, offering me one but I rejected it and told him I don't smoke.

Minutes later, a group of Armed German Airport police came circling around us. They started interrogating me and asked me if he was my friend. I swiftly denied he was a friend and told them we had only started speaking minutes ago. I started to understand where the questions were leading to and things soon got to a head-on when they started becoming aggressive and asked us both for our passports.

I knew I was bleeped up when the guy brought out an AFGHANISTAN passport.
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Kingsasian(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
See friendly wahala o

2 Likes

Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Mrjo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
Is that all? Abeg somebody help with that ref pic
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
u get luck say the guy no blow una up with IED...
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Mille: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
I was already getting agitated but still tried to keep my calm. They policemen called for backup and soon after, three other policeman arrived with sniffing dogs. Then it was clear to me, I was a terror suspect.

They collected my passport, started asking me questions after questions and telling people to move clear away. I was carrying a laptop bag with me at this time which contained my laptop. They collected the bag, wore gloves and started searching. I swear, I felt like entering the ground because they were a lot of people with me at the Airport at that time and a lot of Romanians who had entered the same flight with me.
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Nukualofa: 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
Next time stay away from Arabian muslim for your own good

Islam needs do introspection

5 Likes

Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Mille: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
They didn't find anything incriminating in the laptop bag and asked for my other luggage. They opened up everything in the bag, searched every part, even my trousers to make sure I didn't hide anything in there. It was all like a shock to me because everything was being done outside the airport in the full glare of everybody.

When they searched everything and didn't find anything incriminating, they started asking me some questions and documents to back them up. They finally let me go after about 30minutes when they were satisfied. Helped me pack my stuffs into the bags and apologized to me. I didn't see the guy anymore at this time but I didn't even care. I was glad I had been set free and the fact that most of the people who were there when it all started were still there when I was absolved made it a bit comforting.

I learnt a hard lesson today. I probably would not talk to strangers anymore in Germany especially those of Arab origin.

And to think I was dressed in Military camouflage and boots today. Bad timing

1 Like

Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by claremont(m): 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
The police are doing their job. Since you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to fear then. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what they did. Germany has accepted almost a million refugees, most of them from Afghanistan and Syria. No need to cry wolf were there is none.

2 Likes

Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Wow, this is serious magana
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
Menh this crazy.. Stay away bro from arab guys at the airport
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Lexusgs430: 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
Mille:
Today, I arrived Frankfurt Hahn Airport, Germany from Cluj-Napoca, Romania at 8:30AM. I had finally entered Germany and of course, I was happy. I went through passport control and went to claim my baggage. I have three big luggages, so I took them out one after the other, bought a bus ticket to the Frankfurt Am Main train station so I can take a train to my destination.

I decided to holla at my homies from Cluj. They had told me to notify them when I get to Frankfurt so I went in search of free WiFi and dropped my luggages near the ticket stand. I finally found a free WiFi right at the entrance of the airport. Just when I decided to connect, there was this guy standing beside me, asking me what the time was.

Soon we started talking. This guy was Arab looking but dressed and speaks like an European. He told me he had just got to Germany from Italy and waiting for his Cousin to pick him up. He soon started smoking, offering me one but I rejected it and told him I don't smoke.

Minutes later, a group of Armed German Airport police came circling around us. They started interrogating me and asked me if he was my friend. I swiftly denied he was a friend and told them we had only started speaking minutes ago. I started to understand where the questions were leading to and things soon got to a head-on when they started becoming aggressive and asked us both for our passports.

I knew I was bleeped up when the guy brought out an AFGHANISTAN passport.

Take that as an experience. Expect more harassment from the German Police. Always leave your house with a form of identification (at least while you are still legal).......
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Godson201333(m): 10:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Your experience got nothing to do with either you have spoken with someone at the airport or not.you should know that International airport,Train stations are public places where different people moves about and the securities are always sensitive once they notice someone is standing around this area hopeless or with no direction..Most especially in Germany,because drugs and dangerous contacts are also being exchange at these above mentioned places...
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Vision4God: 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
Thank You ur ok
Re: My Disturbing Experience Today At Frankfurt Airport by Electroweb(m): 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
Your are lucky he didnt slip something into your luggage or your person.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An African-American Explains Why India Is The Most Racist Country In The World / Female Staff Of NTA Crushed To Death By Kaduna-Abuja Train(photo) / I Need A Teaching Job In China Or Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.