Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,314 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (25584 Views)

Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall. / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Pease ,what Is The Meaning This Verse : HOT, COLD , LUKEWARM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by uzoexcel(m): 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
Introduce this guy to him as ur brother

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
refiner:

Thanks smiley

Yes leave the church. Come to my church, I have better and more comfy seats for you. I am not married so no one will stare at you when I laugh and touch you.

Pm your address, I'll pick you up with my keke next Sunday. God bless you
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
SmartyPants:
Refiner tell us the full story. The real reason you want to leave is not just because the man won't stop, it is because you actually have feelings for him. Not judging or trying to shame you here, but a problem correctly identified is a problem half solved.

You have correctly identified distance as the solution, however it is not necessarily physical distance but rather emotional distance that will work.

Or will you go through life leaving every church or quitting every job because a married man likes you?
You are still emotionally vested in him, so for as much as you might ask him to stay away with your words, your body language is probably saying something else. Deal with your feelings for him and the problem is solved.

Where do you all get this strange idea that she must have feelings for the creep? This is obviously a sexual predator hovering over a shy girl and catching cheap thrills. No doubt a loud overbearing youth 'leader'. Every church has the one.
Listen Refiner, stop being a wispy wallflower. Men can smell weakness and it's easy pickings for the hyenas. #truth
And by the way, whatever happened to going to church where your family attends? Small girls be forming Van Damme. Where you suppose put your foot down, mba. Na to dey do agidi 'I will choose myself'. You had it coming.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by HarunaWest(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
Chidonc:
read the passage again.
i replied the initial post.. it has been re edited... free me
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by HarunaWest(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
Beey:
Didn't you read the part where she said that she already told the pastor, but even after warning from Pastor, he still was persistent?
my reply was for the initial post, itz obvious it been re edited... ahbeg free me
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by SmartyPants(m): 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
BoboYekini:
Where do you all get this strange idea that she must have feelings for the creep? This is obviously a sexual predator hovering over a shy girl and catching cheap thrills. No doubt a loud overbearing youth 'leader'. Every church has the one.
Listen Refiner, stop being a wispy wallflower. Men can smell weakness and it's easy pickings for the hyenas. #truth
And by the way, whatever happened to going to church where your family attends? Small girls be forming Van Damme. Where you suppose put your foot down, mba. Na to dey do agidi 'I will choose myself'. You had it coming.

Didn't you read through her opening post?

Primary evidence:

1. She stated that the guy likes talking to her. This implies she was doing some talking back.
2. The man called her his best friend openly, which ordinarily a man would only do if he has enough reason to believe that he enjoys at least a close friendship with the lady in question. Interestingly, in her OP, she never denies this friendship.
3. She never makes mention of having any issues with this man's closeness to her. Actually form her write up, her only problem is the look the woman gives her.
4. She mentioned that the guy keeps a seat for her. Which she voluntarily used to occcupy ostensibly until the noticed the uncomfortable look from the wife.
5. The wife was begging her "with her eyes", which means to the wife, the young lady is complicit, which implies that she may have behaved in a way that demonstrated some form of reciprocity.

Secondary evidence:

1. Young girls are impressionable and easily attracted to leaders. Especially charismatic young leaders.
2. Further, the easiest way to make a woman fall for you and stay fallen for you, is to show her emotional affection. This guy has done that to the point where he considers her his best friend.
3. I have discovered by practical experience, that women very easily cross emotional lines without admitting it. I have had my friends girlfriends saying funny things to me, i have had my girlfriend's friends saying funny things to me, and even observed my some of my girlfriends behave in funny ways to other guys.

To reach that level of friendship, where the man's wife became uncomfortable and the man could openly do the things he was doing, it takes two to tango. Fact.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Beey(f): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
HarunaWest:

my reply was for the initial post, itz obvious it been re edited... ahbeg free me
LOL, smh.
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Blitz888(m): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
MrPRevailer:

Doing such might be effective but have dangerous repercussions. As you know people can do disastful things in the name of Love SORRY Lust. Like school/church shootings, suicide, beating wife out of frustration.

Maintain and increase your distance from him. And Pray to the living God who can turn his heart away from you.

If you decide to leave, the best church I can recommend to you is THE LORD'S CHOSEN @Ijesha Bustop. (The HQ). There are also branches close to you.

You don't even know if the church she is planning on quitting is the Lord's Chosen.

Church doesn't guarantee salvation.. Whether you call it best or worst it's to everyone according to his/her faith.

#peace
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Vicolan: 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
That's why I always advice my friends anything u want to do in life pray first... I mean prayer is the key!!! Did u pray b4 choosing such congregation... If no go back and do such read Psalm 25 for God direction. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
SmartyPants:

Didn't you read through her opening post?

Primary evidence:

1. She stated that the guy likes talking to her. This implies she was doing some talking back.
2. The man called her his best friend openly, which ordinarily a man would only do if he has enough reason to believe that he enjoys at least a close friendship with the lady in question. Interestingly, in her OP, she never denies this friendship.
3. She never makes mention of having any issues with this man's closeness to her. Actually form her write up, her only problem is the look the woman gives her.
4. She mentioned that the guy keeps a seat for her. Which she voluntarily used to occcupy ostensibly until the noticed the uncomfortable look from the wife.
5. The wife was begging her "with her eyes", which means to the wife, the young lady is complicit, which implies that she may have behaved in a way that demonstrated some form of reciprocity.

Secondary evidence:

1. Young girls are impressionable and easily attracted to leaders. Especially charismatic young leaders.
2. Further, the easiest way to make a woman fall for you and stay fallen for you, is to show her emotional affection. This guy has done that to the point where he considers her his best friend.
3. I have discovered by practical experience, that women very easily cross emotional lines without admitting it. I have had my friends girlfriends saying funny things to me, i have had my girlfriend's friends saying funny things to me, and even observed my some of my girlfriends behave in funny ways to other guys.

To reach that level of friendship, where the man's wife became uncomfortable and the man could openly do the things he was doing, it takes two to tango. Fact.
Well I see your point now, especially knowing how females crave attention these days. Even the thread itself screams attention-seeking.
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by ekestic1976(f): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
refiner:
Good evening nairalanders...everyones advice will be greatly appreciated...

I've been attending this particular church for three years now,he's been there before i came,he's newly married too and his wife attends same church too...it all started around march last year,he started getting close to me,at first i took it as nothing but as days pass by,he comes more closer to me...The Word says, Flee all appearances of EVIL! Run from him and find peace elsewhere. Remember, God isn't constrained by space or Time, so you can worship Him everywhere!

He loves talking to me more,he sometimes keeps chair for me which i always decline and when i sit somewhere else,he tries sitting there too,he touches me whenever he laughs...

The other day we attend a youth conference,he was one of the cordinator,he openly said that i am his best friend,good thing his wife was not present.

Caught his wife staring at me most times,pleading with me seriously with her eyes,i felt sorry for her,she has noticed the unusual closeness between i and her husband,tho she has not approached me about it.

I have tried all my best to distance myself from him but he ain't succumbing so i have decided to leave the church,i don't know if i have taken the right decision,leaving the church because of a man.

I've also told the pastor but after warning him,he still continued after a week or two...
Please your advice will be appreciated...

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by ify84(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
The church most likely have branches, attend the other branch and leave d confused man in that church...
@refiner
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by obailala(m): 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
refiner:

I've been attending this particular church for three years now,he's been there before i came,he's newly married too and his wife attends same church too...it all started around march last year,he started getting close to me,at first i took it as nothing but as days pass by,he comes more closer to me...

He loves talking to me more,he sometimes keeps chair for me which i always decline and when i sit somewhere else,he tries sitting there too,he touches me whenever he laughs...

The other day we attend a youth conference,he was one of the cordinator,he openly said that i am his best friend,good thing his wife was not present.

Caught his wife staring at me most times,pleading with me seriously with her eyes,i felt sorry for her,she has noticed the unusual closeness between i and her husband,tho she has not approached me about it.

I have tried all my best to distance myself from him but he ain't succumbing so i have decided to leave the church,i don't know if i have taken the right decision,leaving the church because of a man.

I've also told the pastor but after warning him,he still continued after a week or two...

There is only 1 way to solve this problem, FLEE! Keep a good distance from him and unfortunately, the only way you might be able to do that is to leave the church. Thank God there are over 1000 bible living church alternatives around. By leaving that church you might just be able to save a potentially crumbling marriage because if you stay and think you can keep resisting his advances forever, you might just be wrong. Then again, let's assume you successfully resist and decline his advances, your presence in that church and the fact that he keeps seeing you might just make him despise his wife more.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by oluwasegun007(m): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
dingbang:
Tell his wife u don't like d way he is coming too closer to u. Problem solved

very correct.... the only outcome of that is that she'll be his number one enemy but the wife's best friend.... eventually he'll be the one to leave the church....
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Splinz:

Okay. Now listen...

When next he comes close to you, give him a very thunderous and earth shaking slap. I mean, slap him as if your life depends on it.

And yes, if after the slap and his mumuism still never fly comot, then take this next and final step.

On a normal Sunday afternoon, at the very climax of the church service, walk up to the alter and grab the microphone and say: 'Abeg make una open una ear well well for this special announcement wey I want yarn una now now now. Shebi una see that ashawo man over there (pointing at his direction)? Abeg, make una help me beg am to leave me alone ooo. Else, the next time him come near me, na thunder from sango and amadioha combined go fire am'.

When you're done, just drop the mic there and begin go your house. Problem solved.

cheesy cheesy grin I simply love this advice

He will never ever go near her again.. In fact it's over for him and his family in that's church. Hahahahahahahahahah grin

Some men needs the hard and tough way.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
How cowardly,

What happen to sitting him down and telling him to refrain from making such advances because it is making you uncomfortable.. And you would be forced to report to the church head and eventually leave the church.

Unless you're enjoying the attention, you should be able to speak maturely to him. Try placing yourself in the shoes of her wife.
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by udumosam23(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
holocron:
There is a mutual attraction between the two of you. Deep within you, you want him too, and he can sense this. You are the one unconsciously encouraging him.

There is nothing the pastor or anyone can do to stop this mutual attraction. Only distance can work. If you are sincere, and don't want to cause a scandal, then change your church. If he then follows you there, or to the house, then you people can keep it descreet.

Though I wonder the kind of worship u people say you are doing in the churches these days. Must you go to church?

Chai, you're bad, too bad to be my friend.
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
grin refiner, you have fallen for the guy ,damn!. And your feelings is suffocating you.. Hahahahahahahah grin grin jeez!
The murderous look your getting from his wife is sending shivers down your spine. Lol cheesy.

Mehn! The guy na bad guy.
He knows your weak already for him.. Lol.

Better stay put in that church and sort your racy heart beats when he gists with u.
The guy is fucvking married. Put a firm stop to the series of gists. U do have with him. Ain't worth the stress.
And try have a boyfriend or a single guy as a bestie that u really like and can gist with every time It helps.

Best of luck wink
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
refiner:

You better leave that church quietly before the wife do you strong thing.

She has pleaded with you with her eyes. Don't let her embarrass you publicly.

A spurned woman is like a viper, I'm sure you realise that.

Run from that church o.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by emvico(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=refiner post=53865668]Good evening nairalanders...everyones advice will be greatly appreciated...

I've been attending this particular church for three years now,he's been there before i came,he's newly married too and his wife attends same church too...it all started around march last year,he started getting close to me,at first i took it as nothing but as days pass by,he comes more closer to me...

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

BLAH BLAH BLAH.....
maybe you have been refining some married men so he also want you to refine him .
come to think of it.
he saw you, i knew you, yet he went and marries the woman he loves
now he's coming after you just to creat an enemity between you and his wife and you find it difficult to disgrace him OPENLY
na u sabi
even your pastor is waiting for the man to come with good news so he can come and cut his share
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by lailo: 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
holocron:
There is a mutual attraction between the two of you. Deep within you, you want him too, and he can sense this. You are the one unconsciously encouraging him.

There is nothing the pastor or anyone can do to stop this mutual attraction. Only distance can work. If you are sincere, and don't want to cause a scandal, then change your church. If he then follows you there, or to the house, then you people can keep it descreet.

Though I wonder the kind of worship u people say you are doing in the churches these days. Must you go to church?
Anti-Christ spotted
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by ukandi1(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
As a married man, I have seen this before. It doesn't just fade away by mere reprimands or threats. Better leave d church. Ur salvation was never tied to a particular worship centre. Pls leave d church and never look back.
Had to leave for a lady I found too appealing to me. My wife never knew whybi had to change . asked me one day and I told her it was because of distance. The very lady in question was out to get me . and believe me, I found her very tempting and appealing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by openmine(m): 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
refiner:

Are there no church elders at the church esp women?
Let them know and they will handle the guy properly...No need leaving the church for that guy!
So what if U go to another church and the same thing occurs....Will U keep changing churches?
Dont Run away from challenges,face them head on but with wisdom!
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by Elle277(f): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
You're soft with him, just warn him seriously he will never disturb you again,he will even start avoiding you sef,,nah so devil dey use them up and down..olosho man inside church
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by hatchy(f): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
holocron:

Na who give you weed wey them soak for Ogogoro wey you smoke so?

please I beg you in the name of Zachariah,don't smoke a second rap of it before you end up in Yaba left biko kwa!
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by NemzySeries(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
fleeeeeeee frm all appearance of EVIL..... DAT MAN IS EVIL
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by blackweaver(m): 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
ukandi1:
As a married man, I have seen this before. It doesn't just fade away by mere reprimands or threats. Better leave d church. Ur salvation was never tied to a particular worship centre. Pls leave d church and never look back.
Had to leave for a lady I found too appealing to me. My wife never knew whybi had to change . asked me one day and I told her it was because of distance. The very lady in question was out to get me . and believe me, I found her very tempting and appealing.

@refiner, Listen to this person, he speaks sense.

All of you people saying she must have feelings for the person, is it a crime? Maybe she does have feelings, maybe she doesn't but that doesn't solve her problem. Leave the church if you need to, because the same people who are saying you should talk to the church elders are the same people that would castigate you if you eventually messed up with with him. None of them would remember that you were asking advice on what you should do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by lovethchioma(f): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
You're not the only one in this kinda situation.... most of us have found ourselves in worse situations. I seriously don't know what is wrong with most married men. How can another woman who is not your wife be your best friend, then why did you get married to your wife in the first place?
See if you want him to never get close to you, it's all in your hands. Don't you know how to embarass him, scold him, warn him esp in the presence of his wife or those people he respects. Why are you being so gentle with it as if you're enjoying the attention?
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by iambliss: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hmm, interesting situation. common girl, do you really want to distance yourself ? A married man following you around in church and you need advice? No elders or elderly deacons or deaconess you can report to apart from your pastor? Send me the idiots no and he won't even come to church again by the time am through with him.

I work with children and some of their Fathers want to misbehave. I just keep harassing them with 'How is mummy question? Married men are so easy to put off if you really mean it.
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by monerozi5590: 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Splinz:

Okay. Now listen...

When next he comes close to you, give him a very thunderous and earth shaking slap. I mean, slap him as if your life depends on it.

And yes, if after the slap and his mumuism still never fly comot, then take this next and final step.

On a normal Sunday afternoon, at the very climax of the church service, walk up to the alter and grab the microphone and say: 'Abeg make una open una ear well well for this special announcement wey I want yarn una now now now. Shebi una see that ashawo man over there (pointing at his direction)? Abeg, make una help me beg am to leave me alone ooo. Else, the next time him come near me, na thunder from sango and amadioha combined go fire am'.

When you're done, just drop the mic there and begin go your house. Problem solved.
.....lol.... this dude funny
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by DonCortino: 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
Refiner, get a boyfriend! If u dont have, hire one to follow u to church always. The dude will back off if he sees u are now attached to someone else.
Or
Tell ur pastor u are leaving the church because his warnings didnt work n u dont want to break a marriage, if the pastor realise that he is gonna loose 10% of tithe from u to another mog, he will act the way he shld have at first.
Re: Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice by becca4216(f): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
u dont have to leave d church cause of him report him to the pastor and even his wife no be person go tel am mk im pac well #trytalkintohim#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer / Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.