Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. (49727 Views)

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by oshorstan(f): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
you v no respect for your mother. Give her all she wants & live with her new character. Understanding is key. If shes your wife, will u kick her out? My dear, pls dont bring family issues on internet, its not right, ok. Love is all she needs at this time, not rebuke . never chastise an old man
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Chukabiz1961(m): 6:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

This megalomania is destroying the love i once had for her.
Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
You sound immature.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Annamma: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:
Hi fellow humans, my beloved mother is unknowingly forcing me to hate her. She has suddenly become megalomaniac.

She always want to have the final say in every issue not minding the feelings of others. She doesnt waste time to switch her allegiance and love to any of her children that has it big at the very moment..

She is in her 60s but always believe she knows the current things more than us. Immagine the torchlight Nokia phone we bought for her she cant even operate it well, but now telling us that we dont love her because we didnt buy android touchscreen phone for her to be browsing.
What is she going to browse? when she cant even communicate with english fluently.

You will teach her one thing for many months and even spend years doing serial correction for her, yet she wont get it right.

She is also very ungrateful... She lacks nothing as we timely assist her with upkeep allowances. My Dad still provide for all her daily needs too.

Nairalanders i cant even say much, infact i thought of committing suicide yesterday because of her unbearing attitude...

Pls what do i do as i have tried talking to her about this severally, only for the peaceful talks to snowball into a fiercing quarrell ofwhich it echo reaches the next day.

Pls what should i do?
ta
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Zedoo(m): 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
willibounce1:

Any mother who can take good care of you from cradle to adulthood deserves everything you can give her. If only you can get a full video of how you must ha troubled your mother from cradle to adulthood and how she did everything in her power to make you happy, you won't come online and be saying nonsense about your mother. If you don't have money to give her what she wants, say it not coming online to say your mother is ungrateful because she asked for a better phone. Na beans make your parents take care of you from age zero to the level when you begin to make money? If she wants anything, buy it an if you don't have the money shut up and let her know. So what do you want NL to do. The mumu OP even say him wan commit suicide. Na wa

see eh...i know what m saying. Some parents don't do as much for their children. They galivant....how do you know the op was well taken care of as a kid
He knows what he s saying.
You dont judge him with your own perception and experience from your own parents...
How can somebody have three good phones and be looking for iPhone
Doesn't it show you her eye has always been high?
He said she usually moves towards any of her children who is a having a good time financially....is that the sign of a good parent?
Whatever seed she has sown in her children is already sown.
He may not be right for putting her on blast, but I wont be surprised if she has put him on blast too comparing him with his mates when he didn't have it all good n such....
So he is her own karma...
A man reaps what he sows for a reason.....

Parents should be mature and conscious of the kind seeds they sow in their children...

This op is totally frustrated.

Its also a very wicked parent that will think his/her job is to relax and be collecting dividends from any of his/her children who is having a big moment....and neglect others....
Being a parent is no excuse to be a friend for food..

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Izunwa(m): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
How I wish my mum is super Xtra megalomania and is still alive for me instead of lying in mortuary rite now cry. Those who get yam don't know how to eat it indeed embarassed
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by kikies(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
Commit suicide
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Acebar(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Your mum asked for android fone and she's now suffering from megalomania. Its because u have a mother DAT is trying to improve assuming if she's my mum DAT throway fone everyweek am sure u must have given her series of beat. My Broda u better buy her whatever she wants now she's still living. If u doubt me ask the motherless
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by larrybee2017(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
darbeelicous:
u don't love ur mother, u never did! When u have grown up kids, I'll understand more! Mtchewww.......
For now, karma is waiting for u!
Like seriously, if you don't have a solution just shut up! To OP I understand how you feel about your mum but I think I this point you need to pray for her more and ask God for wisdom on how to deal with her issue. It can be frustrating I tell you. Many a time we are too quick to jump to conclusions when other have issues no wonder we have cases of suicide on a daily basis.
I'll advice you don't go beyond your level to satisfy your mother. Whatever you can as a child do for her not minding whether or not she appreciate it. Many a time they don't, but please pray more and ask for wisdom
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by larrybee2017(f): 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
Zedoo:

see eh...i know what m saying. Some parents don't do as much for their children. They galivant....how do you know the op was well taken care of as a kid
He knows what he s saying.
You dont judge him with your own perception and experience from your own parents...
How can somebody have three good phones and be looking for iPhone
Doesn't it show you her eye has always been high?
He said she usually moves towards any of her children who is a having a good time financially....is that the sign of a good parent?
Whatever seed she has sown in her children is already sown.
He may not be right for putting her on blast, but I wont be surprised if she has put him on blast too comparing him with his mates when he didn't have it all good n such....
So he is her own karma...
A man reaps what he sows for a reason.....

Parents should be mature and conscious of the kind seeds they sow in their children...

This op is totally frustrated.

Its also a very wicked parent that will think his/her job is to relax and be collecting dividends from any of his/her children who is having a big moment....and neglect others....
Being a parent is no excuse to be a friend for food..
God go bless you, you be my personal person for this. At OP just ignore some nonsense here. Do overdo things for your parent that is why we have so many robbers in our land. The Bible makes it clear that a good parent leaves inheritance for her children's children. As a parent we need to be careful and help our children reach their goal not demoralise them
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by jollymizzle(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
Op there are some physiological and psychological effects on a woman as she begins to age. Menopause for example could be the issue. That is the most ruthless, some women go slightly psycho cos of it. They don't just understand themselves . My advice :be patient always and, always remember that mom you had when growing up, who was everything you wanted and transpose that to the present mom. I tell you even with all the big grammar you used to describe her, you are lucky to have her. So whenever she starts with that behaviour thank God for that too. Some don't even have that.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by menshowng(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
Annamma:

i think she deserves all d love she can get...if she wants iphone 7 and u have d money.just get it and i feel u shudnt have taken a shot at her in d first place...m sure she loves u so much...

Pls what should i do?
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Chiefobdk1: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
darbeelicous:
u don't love ur mother, u never did! When u have grown up kids, I'll understand more! Mtchewww.......
For now, karma is waiting for u!

Trash
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by RealAlfranco: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ori e ti da ru.
As in,you're very mad!!

Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by datizy(f): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pls appreciate your mum now that you are seeing her o. If she passes on today, you will regret all these things you are saying o. She is mum whether you like it or not. Try and bear with her, mist times it could old age that is affecting her behavior
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by FOLLEY20(m): 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
chynie:
Dont buy it for her straight

send the money into her account and tell her to withdraw it and buy whatever she needs

she will be shocked at the cost and the value of money

so she will end up not buying it
In addition to all that,1.Give your life to Jesus. 2.Continue to show love for her & perspect her. 3.Keep praying for her. 4.Become a bible addict & never think of taking ur life. If u do it, u'll go to hell. Take care.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by chynie: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
FOLLEY20:
In addition to all that,1.Give your life to Jesus. 2.Continue to show love for her & perspect her. 3.Keep praying for her. 4.Become a bible addict & never think of taking ur life. If u do it, u'll go to hell. Take care.

i dont understand u
but thanks grin
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by osjoshua(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
You want nairalanders to teach you how to love your mum? You well so?
abeg help me tell am
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by bobbynelson: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
Bro I understand what megalomania is I'm a doctor but you have to understand that the bible referenced the parents law as the the only law with a promise , "love your father and mother so your days will be long " ,maybe you can talk to her , you are no more a kid . Now you can even advise your parents so tell her how she makes you feel
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by kalufelix(m): 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
op sorry i was a bit late. i see the "mum singing praises" crew already arrived. actually i have been dealing with a megalomania mum ever since i was a kid. mine is even more complicated than you can ever imagine. its a psychotic problem that worsens with age and other factors probably triggered by the thought of dying before their children and leaving everything behind (which is not even certain) in most cases they like to think you owe them your live

ADVICE (warning: strong language)

minimize the love you have for her by 90% and make it very obvious. in other words damn her and show no f?/ck about her and be very honest about it let her see it right before her face. trying to constantly please her will continue to backfire. let the demon know that other demons have risen, it will surely put them in check. don't worry about the critics and any consequences if she doesn't desist from such attitude she will be 6ft down before you even take a blink...CHEERS smiley

my "super megalomania" mum is still alive btw
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by herosakin777(m): 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
common bro u cant talk abt ur mother like that . Remeber her sercrifices wen u are smal it cant be measure up to anything u do for her now . Pray to God to provide for u to get her anythine she want its her right to ask for watever she wants just try to make her happy there is no joy greater than that feeling of seeing parent happy with one ...try ur best bro it requres patience .... May God grant u the wealth and patience to takecare of her and make her happy
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by kalufelix(m): 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
bobbynelson:
Bro I understand what megalomania is I'm a doctor but you have to understand that the bible referenced the parents law as the the only law with a promise , "love your father and mother so your days will be long " ,maybe you can talk to her , you are no more a kid . Now you can even advise your parents so tell her how she makes you feel

you know the meaning of megalomania but obviously you don't understand the op.. its like a "LOSE LOSE" situation pray you don't find yourself in such situation even in your next life
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Inwerogug(m): 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hey!!! If you can afford it, buy it for her....
A lot of dudes here are wishing to have Mega......... Mother[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by tmgold007(f): 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
You are hating your mum d woman dt carried u for 8months and carried u on her back for four years and u suvk her brest dry.......woman dt care for u frim ur credike bedO ma shey oooo.....oluwa funmi lomo rere ooo omo ta ni anu mi loju
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by crispyvick(f): 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
chynie:
Dont buy it for her straight

send the money into her account and tell her to withdraw it and buy whatever she needs

she will be shocked at the cost and the value of money

so she will end up not buying it
tnx jare.u said it all
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by crispyvick(f): 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
i see whr u r cumin rm,mums can be out of it atyms bt jst follow dia ways coz wen u lose ur mum den u will prefer her avin d worst issh dan dis.i rem me nd ma mum wen we r lyk cat nd rat bt i had to sit nd tink of wat makes her apy nd even to ma own detriment avoid anytin dat we cause her to av any issh wid me nd nw we r lyk lovers.if ur mum is apy walahi u will see d effect bt if she is angry den u will see d worst.even if she doesn't appreciate it jst buy it for her ,if u av d moni so dat peace will reign nd beta still give her d moni nd tell her to buy wat she feels lyk buying chikena.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by fatemmy(f): 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
If I have a mother...I will tell her to disturbed as much as she can
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Engineermbugame(m): 12:21am On Feb 21, 2017
Hector09:
Bro i fell ur pain, my mum is like that thou she's 40 yr, bt she nage alot, nothing pleases her, always comparing u with other guys, thou am just 23yrs bt i hate her. To be honest
lol ,same as my mum thou am 22 i huztle hard sha, last year chrismas she compare me and my friend ,cause my friend dash her mum 10k,mum nd problems.later i dash her 5k,she is 65 years am also a last born ,our 1st born newly graduated from school ,
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by eemjay(f): 1:03am On Feb 21, 2017
Enjoy all the time you still have with her. I'll give anything to have my Mum back. I miss her everyday it hurts. Try within your means to please her. If it's the android fone she wants, get her one. And stop using the word hate. Regards to her.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by Johel(m): 3:30am On Feb 21, 2017
My dear....b patient,just try avoid her attitudes,sometimes mothers push we d children to d wall,but they still remain our mothers,i remember wen i and my mum quarrel like we were mates,but now i realised i have no other mother but her and her love was the purest love ever,but don't stop being a good child OK....try go out wit friends and keep your presence a bit far....wen she misses u,she will calm down a bit...
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by ussy09(m): 4:54am On Feb 21, 2017
wen u wer excreting on her she didn't complain dum ass.
Re: Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. by mekybabe1: 5:11am On Feb 21, 2017
God has kept your mum and instead of you to be grateful and spoil her silly, you are complaining. Always remember that one day, you will look at her favourite chair and she won't be there. Please love and cherish her now. We that don't have our mothers again wish God can bring them back to spoil them silly. Appreciate your mum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia / Can The Marriage Last? (disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.