Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS (41313 Views)

Scholarship Application And The 2.1 Criterion / JAMB Application Statistics By Faculty | Universities, Polytechnics & Coes / JAMB APPLICATION FOR CORRECTION OF DATA - 09082964145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by kernel501: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
olutop:

Thats because dey v d highest number of student writing d exam, what shud mata mst is d percentage of Imo students dt pass each year, check dt u will see dt it hz bn woeful......is jst like dey keep accumulating students 4rm d failure of past years, somefyn need 2 be done 2 dt

I hate when people lie in front of evidence, they have the highest number of admission (Performance), and yet you are smoking dry.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by asha9: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
Because he said that it is by high population that's why you are reverting.

[s]
Abagworo:

Not so true. Anambra has far more indigenous population than any State in Southeast followed by Imo but not too closely.
[/s]
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by kernel501: 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
olutop:

what are dey kipn up....Imagine 142000 students doin an exam nd jst 29000 gained admission, dey seems to v a larger admission number cos the number of students writing the exam frm the state is 2 much.....dey v a very poor percentage of students gainin admission each year check it again

Excuses are in the habour of a loser. Go check SSCE too, your states are trailing keep manufacturing excuses.

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by tsamson(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2017
herzern:
UTME!

Another unchecked means for FG to extort the citizens of Niqeria!

The day I heard JAMB does not pay up to 100 naira for a student for CBT usaqe...I almost ran mad!!

Next thread Please..

And before I leave..Can someone tell the abóki at the helm of affairs in the education sector to restore Post UTME??

Hallo bro, how market
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
... Good development. Igbos are always the first in all human development indices. Education is the bedrock to the technological prowess, entrepreneurial acumen, business finesse and spiritual growth of Ndigbo.No wonder the Great Zik of Africa founded the University of Nigeria, Nsukka on the premise to "restore the dignity of mankind" knowing fully well what quality education can do to mankind. Now, Ndigbo is reaping that benefits tremendously.

10 Likes

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
It's not really a surprise to those of us that know. Imo State (with the possible exception of Lagos) is the most densely populated "state" in Nigeria. Mbaise people are probably the most populous subsection.

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
MrsPhyno:
It's not really a surprise to those of us that know. Imo State (with the possible exception of Lagos) is the most densely populated "state" in Nigeria. Mbaise people are probably the most populous subsection. Hence all the stereotypes about them.
... Smart observation from you but the bolded is not really necessary at this point. Though you have a good intentions anyway.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... Smart observation from you but the bolded is not really necessary at this point. Though you have a good intentions anyway.
lol Yes sir sorry sir.
I was just trying to provide evidence so people won't think I pulled this out of thin air.
I can edit smiley
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by adimsmt: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Daboywizzy:
Ok .. IMO people be like say dem no dey pass.. That's why dem get population

You get it wrong, the reason why they are not getting admitted are
1 Because of quota system of admission in federal universities.
2 Lack of state own universities .
3 The cut of marks in the South are higher then in the north.
Until Nigerian government change the policy of quotas and allow admission on merit and level the playing field Imolites will be on the losing side. But with two states universities coming up in the state I'm sure it will improve the numbers significantly.
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Abubakrmusa(m): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
nwabobo:

You blind? Can't you see they also record the highest number of admissions every tear except 2014 where they came 2nd?
What were you expecting...
U don't check that buddy...You check the percentage...#fankmelera
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Yujin(m): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
I'm more interested in comparing Akwa Ibom and Edo state. Akwa Ibom is among the states with high population density and are known to be educationally inclined too but here Edo has consistently beaten them. Are the Edo people more educationally adventurous than the Akwa Ibomites or could the real population of Edo be underestimated all the while? Could it be that more Edomites reside outside their states as compared to Akwa Ibom? It's surprising to me.
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Donpre(m): 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
so its not only waec, imolites are besting in jamb also..... They should keep it up
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
MrsPhyno:

lol Yes sir sorry sir.
I was just trying to provide evidence so people won't think I pulled this out of thin air.
I can edit smiley
... Thanks for your understanding. I really appreciate that.
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
olutop:

Thats because dey v d highest number of student writing d exam, what shud mata mst is d percentage of Imo students dt pass each year, check dt u will see dt it hz bn woeful......is jst like dey keep accumulating students 4rm d failure of past years, somefyn need 2 be done 2 dt

It's the fraudulent quota system , otherwise they get the highest scores.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nowenuse:

This statistic to a good extent also help to show states with higher indigenous populations.
Imo state has always been the highest not because they go to school more than other southernerns but because they have a higher population of indigenes.

They actually go to school more

1 Like

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by kings09(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
If I call u olodo now, e go be like say I do bad thing. Read u no gree read. Pls I beg u, read d post again. Na beg I de beg.
Daboywizzy:
Ok .. IMO people be like say dem no dey pass.. That's why dem get population
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by chyima(f): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
So with the 0% for foreigners for 6 consecutive years ,does it mean we don't accept them in our institutions or they just abscond after they apply
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Nuel25846(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
This is just sad.they won't give admission to the Imolites who deserves it cause they afraid that they will take over all the universities in Nigeria and all the jobs in Nigeria,this is fraud......they know God has bless his people that is why they seek knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Nuel25846(m): 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
undecided sad angrySee how children of Imo are struggling to get admission into university,but the fruadulent system only favours the north. one goat will open his/her smelling mouth to say we are one Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by ThinkSmarter: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
Thank God for my State Ebonyi, even with our 13LGA, we re still advancing.
#TheYoungShallGrow
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by holuwajobar(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
officialJP:
34 do i still hv hope grin
u av al d hope in d world...
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
hedonistic:
Hmm. I am more interested in the percentage of students admitted. Why are Northern states comparatively favoured in this critical aspect?

Dull states like Adamawa, Kebbi, Zamfara, et al... How the heck do they have higher percentages of admitted students even though they have dramatically lower numbers of applicants?
dont you know that in naija all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by olutop(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
kernel501:

I hate when people lie in front of evidence, they have the highest number of admission (Performance), and yet you are smoking dry.
Dey also v d highest number of people without admission, d evidence is clear
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by basilo102: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
This is because state of origin was involved. THose using phone lines to judge population will not like this
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by olutop(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
kernel501:

Excuses are in the habour of a loser. Go check SSCE too, your states are trailing keep manufacturing excuses.
lols.....my state trail?
u dnt even knw my state, am frm Ondo state, skuld in Ekiti
The sec sch I graduated 4rm is among the best 50 schools according to last year Waec nd Ekiti state v d best result in Neco
Is nt like I dnt like Imo jst statn d obvious, people who dnt gt admission in a year is jst 2 much
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
olutop:

don't just think straight .when u have high number of student from a particular state due to the quota system u must expect extreme high score to get admitted Have u forgotten so soon a lady from delta scored 300 in jamb and also did wonderfully well in waec was dropped for admission in oau.states with high number of candidate application, u must expect stiff competition in a country where Quota system is the order of the day.In fact as of 2010 I got 280 on jamb and the post ume I got 61/100 but yet wasn't offered admission because am from IMO state .
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by kernel501: 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
olutop:

lols.....my state trail?
u dnt even knw my state, am frm Ondo state, skuld in Ekiti
The sec sch I graduated 4rm is among the best 50 schools according to last year Waec nd Ekiti state v d best result in Neco
Is nt like I dnt like Imo jst statn d obvious, people who dnt gt admission in a year is jst 2 much

Olu, let me help you with some data, Igbos has the highest number of non-indigenous students round the federation, after the indigenous people. Example ...Igbos has the highest number of students after Yorubas in Lagos, so don't need to line up for IMSU or FUTO.
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by olutop(m): 7:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
vingeophysicist:
don't just think straight .when u have high number of student from a particular state due to the quota system u must expect extreme high score to get admitted Have u forgotten so soon a lady from delta scored 300 in jamb and also did wonderfully well in waec was dropped for admission in oau.states with high number of candidate application, u must expect stiff competition in a country where Quota system is the order of the day.In fact as of 2010 I got 280 on jamb and the post ume I got 61/100 but yet wasn't offered admission because am from IMO state .
I knw d gal, shez presently in d dept I graduated 4rm in oau....Imo is nt part of d catchment of oau she kn only gt in thru merit, of she hd chose UNN UNIZIK or FUTO she will surely gt admission using catchment....
Dt bn said so many south westerners ad more dn 300 in UTME nd fait to study medicine in oau, so many students are gtn over 300 in UTME nwadays
Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
vingeophysicist:
in summary, the delta girl and you were denied admission on the basis of tribalism and nepotism.
guy i will advise you put in extra hardwork in all your huzzles, like i am doing now
go the exra-mile, dont give up. you will surely smile.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Application And Admission Data By Gender And State Of Origin Released - NBS by olutop(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
kernel501:

Olu, let me help you with some data, Igbos has the highest number of non-indigenous students round the federation, after the indigenous people. Example ...Igbos has the highest number of students after Yorubas in Lagos, so don't need to line up for IMSU or FUTO.
Very simple dey will end up bn the product of where dey are, dey will be a product of d skul dey attend.....states dnt determine 1 intelligence schools and enviroments does

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics / Most Overhyped Courses In Nigeria,the FACT!!!! / University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.