Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,446 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola (12149 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / FG To Increase Power Generation To 20,000 MW – Minister / Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by pokipoki: 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
AbbasJR:
Well, I could believe him cause electricity improved here in maraba..20 hours light is okay everyday
Good for you. Abule Egba is about 3.5 hour a day.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by kayo80(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
AbbasJR:
Well, I could believe him cause electricity improved here in maraba..20 hours light is okay everyday

It has improved in my area (Ojoo in Ibadan) too. It used to be like 4hours of light a day, but in the last week or so it has gone up to like 16 hours a day. It is quite scary. Lol! Hope it continues this way sha.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
kayo80:

It has improved in my area (Ojoo in Ibadan) too. It used to be like 4hours of light a day, but in the last week or so it has gone up to like 16 hours a day. It is quite scary. Lol! Hope it continues this way sha.
we hope so bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Charly68: 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2017
Fashola should stop deceiving us with his unfounded statistics ..when power improves we shall know.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by MrBONE2(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Icecomrade:

Where?

E be like say na only fashola house the 4.000 dey power.

Abeg share the power make we see.

as for my side @KiVu Land there has been significant improvement for past 2 weeks grin today make 3days of constant power supply i mean for past 72Hrs without any blink and still counting upto now. grin

Gyarbonka

i wish all part of the country will experience same.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
pokipoki:

Good for you. Abule Egba is about 3.5 hour a day.
Well, improvement is on its way bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by pokipoki: 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
The government should look for alternate source of power generation if gas turbines are really the problem.
Netherlands, a smaller country both in size and population generates about 1,450 MW from solar energy alone. That almost half of the 4,000 MW he is talking about. China currently does 77,420 MW from only solar energy.
I expected Fashola to be more resourceful than all this type of stories!!!
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Icecomrade: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
MrBONE2:
as for my side @KiVu Land there has been significant improvement for past 2 weeks grin today make 3days of constant power supply i mean for past 72Hrs without any blink and still counting upto now. grin

Gyarbonka

i wish all part of the country will experience same.

Bros

Abeg. U be Fashola brother, abi person wey relate Buhari dey ur area?

We get free accommodation for here.

Make e just come holiday
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Erums(m): 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
well the hydros are gradually abadoned, focusing on just gas supply, ....fashola please try and be different from past ministers .,,,,,
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Yarduni: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
there is good improvement in power for two weeks now, i had light 48 hours straight first time ever two days ago, 12 hrs daily average
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Yarduni: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
tomakint:
Mumu minister misbehaving up and down. Pride won't let the thieving man to resign as a failing minister of power and stick with something else he is good at. 4,000 mW my foot.

Its not about insult, there is major improvement. I just pray it reverbs nationwide and to the rural areas, but large cities are seeing improvement
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by pokipoki: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
AbbasJR:

Well, improvement is on its way bro
Bro, I did not come to this life to suffer neither my kids too. Electricity in Nigeria can now be compared to the AIDS epidemic. The most painful thing is that i still get estimated bills at the end of the month after spending almost a third of my salary servicing and fueling my generator.
This present government has really failed in the promise the make a better life for the common Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
Stale story!...one step forward, 10 steps backwards!!
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by BobHIGHNESS(m): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
bush112:
dis guy need prayer
Not just a prayer but 31days deliverance session
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Yarduni: 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
anonimi:
No long story. grin cheesy
Abeg make una helep me sing =>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nP4WE_-uqE

This video is not a normal video, and it was conceived by Michael jackson. The video is riddled with so many deep meanings.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by EmekaBlue(m): 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2017
hmm...

check my signature and end ur no money issue....Trusted...Ask around about it
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by BobHIGHNESS(m): 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] I can testify to this,since early february we ve experincing steady power supply,my neighbours were like "Buhari should just stay in London till 2019,his absence is yielding the change we want positively". In fact,Osinbanjo is working, Fashola is getting his medulla back,but i smell power suffering when Buhari is back. Don't forget you promised 10,000 watts, remain 6000 watts to complete your promise
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
Things that you are not even to be mentioning until you hit 10000 megawatts. These politicians really have defected brain
CeoNewshelm:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has disclosed that power generation in Nigeria has stepped up to 4,000 megawatts in the last two weeks.

Fashola made the disclosure on Saturday in Benin while inspecting ongoing work at the Aduwawa axis of the Benin-Lokoja highway.

He said the major challenge facing the power sector was shortage of gas to power gas turbines, and that power generation could be increased to 7000 mw if vandalisation of gas pipelines did not take place .

“3000 mw of power is not available because of vandalisation of gas pipelines, which is not helpful to the country. If we can recover the 3000 mw lost to vandalism and add to the 4000 mw, we will have 7,000 mw,” he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/nigerias-power-output-climbs-4000-mw.html

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2017
cleanshaven:
. We have started nah, what we have is 0.4GW, with all these promised and fail politicians, you are expecting GW, I pity you
pity me? I am an optimist, I don't need your pity.

One more thing

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
sarrki:

Nah Sahara you dey ?
bros go and sleep. Dat we had one or two rains doesn't mean we are in raining season.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Yomiwayne80(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
akp202:
Hmmmm
How true can this be cos we use to have up to 9 hours daily right now we are even begging for at least 30 minutes daily just to pump water

Seriously power ti improved in my area for the past two weeks
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Davryme(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has disclosed that power generation in Nigeria has stepped up to 4,000 megawatts in the last two weeks.

Fashola made the disclosure on Saturday in Benin while inspecting ongoing work at the Aduwawa axis of the Benin-Lokoja highway.

He said the major challenge facing the power sector was shortage of gas to power gas turbines, and that power generation could be increased to 7000 mw if vandalisation of gas pipelines did not take place .

“3000 mw of power is not available because of vandalisation of gas pipelines, which is not helpful to the country. If we can recover the 3000 mw lost to vandalism and add to the 4000 mw, we will have 7,000 mw,” he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/nigerias-power-output-climbs-4000-mw.html

Fashola sorry to say I have lost count of times we had reached this megawatts. It is a very big shame despite the huge revenues we generated from crude oil power is zero. Our leaders have failed us since independence. 16 years of democracy power is still nothing good to write about.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by owambe22(f): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
I think he wanted to say minus 4k
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by DivinelyBlessed: 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2017
I pray oh
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by chukxie(m): 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
4000 MW electricity generation for a country of over 180 million people! Isn't it horrendous? Shouldn't Nigeria be talking about generating energy in Gigawatt considering the enormous amount of money allocated for power generation yearly?
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by akp202(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
franciskaine:
and whr is dat? Over here power has been relatively stable.
ughelli in delta state.... And ur place is...?
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by bigsmoke2(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
akp202:
Hmmmm
How true can this be cos we use to have up to 9 hours daily right now we are even begging for at least 30 minutes daily just to pump water

The story is quite different where I am. we've had over 100 hours of on and of power supply in the last 1week
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by Smooyis(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
Light for my area don improve well well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by 1miccza: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
They have started with all these lie lie figures. That was how the last administration said It had risen to 4500 MW yet we no dey see light. These ones have come again. 4000MW and no light? Mttchheew!!
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by israelmao(m): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
It's not new and longer news.It's not an achievement for Nigeria to be grappling with a meager 4000MW after many years of independence.This is celebration of failure.
Re: Nigeria's Power Output Climbs 4,000 MW – Fashola by alexov(m): 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
There has actually been improved power supply in my area. So nice one baba Fash, you were always the most competent person for the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What The Labour-Party Must Do Urgently, (With Respect To The Electoral-Act-2022) / Can Nigerians Do Without The Services Provided By The South- Africans? / How Did Tinubu End Up Owning Lagos State House, Marina?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.