Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy (1810 Views)

Polygamy (Polygyny): "Should I live with his second wife" and lots more / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? / Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Emir of Kano to restrict polygamy

Nigeria's influential Muslim leader - the Emir of Kano,
Lamido Sanusi - is planning to introduce a law which would
stop men from taking more than one wife if they did not
have the means to support them.

In a speech on Sunday Mr Sanusi said that a connection had been established between polygamy, poverty and terrorism, Nigeria's widely read Punch newspaper reports.
Local media quotes the powerful religious leader and former governor of the central bank saying:

The emir discussed different areas to be covered by the
wide-ranging family law, which he said would be passed by
the Kano state government:
He added:

Those of us in the [mainly Muslim] north have all seen the economic consequences of men who are not capable of
maintaining one wife, marrying four. They end up producing 20 children, not educating them, leaving them on the
streets, and they end up as thugs and terrorists
."

The law will address what Islam says on marriage, it will outlaw forced marriages, it will make domestic violence
illegal, it will put in conditions that you need to fulfil before you can marry a second wife, it will spell out the
responsibilities of a father beyond producing a child."

It is a big law which covers a whole range of issues from consent to marriage, to maintenance to divorce, to
maintenance of children and inheritance.

It will be the first time in northern Nigeria that a Muslim law on personal status will be codified."

www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-38853607?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=58aac460e4b06f5728f82a64%26Emir%20of%20Kano%20to%20restrict%20polygamy%26&ns_fee=0#post_58aac460e4b06f5728f82a64

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Empiree: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
Oh well, good move from his point of view. At least he places conditions that Islam placed on polygamy. However doesnt he consider FACT that nowadays, it is not even about polygamy anymore?.It is not just polygamy that causes poverty, thuggery , terrorism etc. How about UNMARRIED people having babies they dont care for?. We read in the news all the time that Nigerians who are not even Muslims are having babies and dump them in sewer or bush.

They now have "baby father and baby momma" syndrome just like in the West and the babies are not being cared for. Just wondering what is the difference exactly?. His move will bring about new set of sexual revolution in the North. He may have to choose btw their women marrying or getting pregnant by useless father who doesnt feel sense of responsibilities. At least they are married now and man may be forced to provide rather than baby father. Baby father is a whole lot different. Baby father may opt out and abandon his baby and his baby mother anytime bcus there is no legal consequences in Nigeria for now. So what happens to such babies?. It comes down to the same thing Emir tries to eradicate

So marrying more than one wife compared to having many baby mothers with babies is no diff. Matter of fact, the later is worst. So Emir's move is lopsided

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
^^^
A step at a time, bro. Sanusi based on the prevalent problems associated with polygamy in his society, simply says it is among what causes the highlighted problems. And indeed it is. The bitter truth is how do you want a poor man with N15,000 salary per month or less than N1000 profit per day to survive with 2,3, 4 wives and 20+ children? What is the fate of these children?

# Here in Yorubaland where Polygamous family is also known. Problems associated with it is really not "poverty, terrorism" but domestic violence and spiritual terrorism. Higher percentage of Muslim home with polygamy know no Peace compare to monogamous family.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
Its obvious. The way people are jumping into polygamy and breeding (like pigs and dogs) with no control in the name of religion.

Here's a sound view curled from a website:

If you fear that you will not do justice between them, then marry only one; this is more proper" (4:3)

Islam made it incumbent upon the husband to solely
sustain and maintain his wife financially. As I mentioned earlier in “Matrimonial Rights,” the husband is the exclusive provider for his family. Not every man is capable of providing and maintaining financial sustenance for one woman, let alone several, in addition to all of his children.

Marriage requires financial security, and if a man wishes to practice polygamy, then he must be capable of providing an equal livelihood for his families, such as similar homes and financial disbursement. Otherwise, he is not permitted to marry more than one woman

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Empiree: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^
A step at a time, bro. Sanusi based on the prevalent problems associated with polygamy in his society, simply says it is among what causes the highlighted problems. And indeed it is. The bitter truth is how do you want a poor man with N15,000 salary per month or less than N1000 profit per day to survive with 2,3, 4 wives and 20+ children? What is the fate of these children?
Again, I understand he's trying to measure things but in my humble opinion, a man who marries 4 women, 20 children and a man who didn't marry but got 4 baby mothers and 20 children are no different. Matter of fact, the former is still fair bcus he MARRIED them. The later can walk away from responsibilities any time any day.

Solution, they rather create jobs, work on social and basic amenities like public benefits for babies regardless how many women he has. In America, they don't care how many women you have and they don't care if you marry one or not. Their concern is only about casting for the babies which govt has provisions for. And they also hold baby father responsibleto the point that of he decides not to be there for hood baby momma, he will be forced to pay child support.

So this is what Sanusi should either work rather than trumping on people. Another implication of this approach of his is, brace for prostitution in the streets of the North even though it is already there, brace for more more and MORE

# Here in Yorubaland where Polygamous family is also known. Problems associated with it is really not "poverty, terrorism" but domestic violence and spiritual terrorism. Higher percentage of Muslim home with polygamy know no Peace compare to monogamous family.

Law simply needs to be enforced against any form of domestic violence. Offenders should have to sit his or her $ss& in jail for 6 months. And FREE MARRIAGE COUNSELING should be made available. That's the only antidote for yoruba marriage problems. Eradicate polygamy is not the solution. That leads to another set of problems.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
# Empiree, there are lots of problems associated with relationships (legal or illegal). No doubt about that.

The fact is that having children without marriage is not common in Muslim society therefore we are not talking about that. In fact, marriage in the North is so simple that within 10minutes you can wed without financial fear or trouble. The reality however is the aftermath. Marriage is somehow difficult in Yorubaland (which is bad) but it sensitize the urge to get 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives because of its financial implication except you are rich.

# There is this mentality among majority of the Muslims that having more than one wife is Sunnah we should all endeavor to follow. And having many children is recommended by "Nabi" to increase his Ummah's population. Hence, people jump into this like drinking water. North is worse.

# A friend of mine who is a Doctor in the north told me of a woman who gave birth to her 19th children. She had 27 pregnancies: 5 were aborted (miscarriage), 3 died. And guess what? She's the last wife of her husband. Other wives have their own 10s of children. The husband is an attendant officer in a hospital. Is that Islamic teaching of polygamous family?

# What is the antidote to Yoruba's "spiritual terrorism" in polygamous home?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
# Empiree, there are lots of problems associated with relationships (legal or illegal). No doubt about that.

The fact is that having children without marriage is not common in Muslim society therefore we are not talking about that. In fact, marriage in the North is so simple that within 10minutes you can wed without financial fear or trouble. The reality however is the aftermath. Marriage is somehow difficult in Yorubaland (which is bad) but it sensitize the urge to get 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives because of its financial implication except you are rich.

# There is this mentality among majority of the Muslims that having more than one wife is Sunnah we should all endeavor to follow. And having many children is recommended by "Nabi" to increase his Ummah's population. Hence, people jump into this like drinking water. North is worse.

# A friend of mine who is a Doctor in the north told me of a woman who gave birth to her 19th children. She had 27 pregnancies: 5 were aborted (miscarriage), 3 died. And guess what? She's the last wife of her husband. Other wives have their own 10s of children. The husband is an attendant officer in a hospital. Is that Islamic teaching of polygamous family?

# There are 1000s of beggars, 99% of Northern origin roaming Nigerian states today. Yet in this state, they continue breeding like pig. In the north today, 100s of thousands of children have no future: No shelter, No education, No food....they just roam about the street. What do you expect from these kids? Is it also Government fault that people should be breeding ceaselessly for children they can never ever carter for?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by udatso: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2017
As Salamualaikum. You guys have made very wonderful submissions. I guess we are left with picking the lesser of two evils

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Empiree: 4:55am On Feb 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

Oh i missed. This comes down to personal choice. I wont shy to give my opinion on this and i dont care what anyone says. Since this problem is focused on muslims, then, it is imperative that a muslim protect himself or herself with dua/dhikr.

Second opinion is, there should be "consultation centers". Each environment is given solution to their problems as Allah says in the Quran

And for all religion We have appointed a rite [of sacrifice] that they may mention the name of Allah over what He has provided for them of [sacrificial] animals. For your god is one God, so to Him submit. And, [O Muhammad], give good tidings to the humble [before their Lord Q22:34

So there should be Muslims (alfas not alu-ifas) in this category. This is why i am not against "Jalabi" {iwosan}. It is there for a reason. However, it needs to be coordinated properly. Whoever is qualifies to provide this service should REGISTER. There should be Muslim committee or organisations to oversee their activities. In another word, providers need to be licensed. This way, his/her credibility are protected. Clients security and safety are protected and guaranteed. Environment would be safer. And ALL activities MUST conform with Sharia.

This is my simple opinion rather than simply condemning Jalabi. Not everyone can help themselves.
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 6:35am On Feb 25, 2017
Empiree:
Oh i missed. This comes down to personal choice. I wont shy to give my opinion on this and i dont care what anyone says. Since this problem is focused on muslims, then, it is imperative that a muslim protect himself or herself with dua/dhikr.

Second opinion is, there should be "consultation centers". Each environment is given solution to their problems as Allah says in the Quran

And for all religion We have appointed a rite [of sacrifice] that they may mention the name of Allah over what He has provided for them of [sacrificial] animals. For your god is one God, so to Him submit. And, [O Muhammad], give good tidings to the humble [before their Lord Q22:34

So there should be Muslims (alfas not alu-ifas) in this category. This is why i am not against "Jalabi" {iwosan}. It is there for a reason. However, it needs to be coordinated properly. Whoever is qualifies to provide this service should REGISTER. There should be Muslim committee or organisations to oversee their activities. In another word, providers need to be licensed. This way, his/her credibility are protected. Clients security and safety are protected and guaranteed. Environment would be safer. And ALL activities MUST conform with Sharia.

This is my simple opinion rather than simply condemning Jalabi. Not everyone can help themselves.

# First, jalabi is nothing but shirk, in my opinion.

# Second, am not really asking solution to that problem rather the root cause. What are the root cause of those spiritual attack and domestic unrest and violence in polygamous home?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Empiree: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

# First, jalabi is nothing but shirk, in my opinion.
this is wrong notion actually

# Second, am not really asking solution to that problem rather the root cause. What are the root cause of those spiritual attack and domestic unrest and violence in polygamous home?
the root causes vary greatly. From animosity to absence of love, jealousy, despeakable hatred, greed. You name it. These can happen in any single relationship as well.
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Empiree:
this is wrong notion actually

That's why I said "my opinion". Perhaps if you have used another word apart from that ofò word, I might not be alerted that much. However there is nothing Islam in jalabi.

Empiree:

the root causes vary greatly. From animosity to absence of love, jealousy, despeakable hatred, greed. You name it. These can happen in any single relationship as well.

You are talking of 1:100 @underlined.
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

That's why I said "my opinion". Perhaps if you have used another word apart from that ofò word, I might not be alerted that much. However there is nothing Islam in jalabi.

You are talking of 1:100 @underlined.

Empiree

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Empiree: 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

Emp.iree
This falls in one the causes of polygamous problems i mentioned. She's jealous obviously. At least he accommodates second wife elsewhere.She is the one problematic here now. Husband tries to be fair. Maybe her huband's condition may change her heart.

Do you agree with this?

https://www.nairaland.com/3648932/how-fight-poverty-north#54035656

-Well, i usually dont waste my time on phrase or phrases for certain condition(s) as long as it has it root in the Quran."Jalabi" is just a version of "shifa" (medicine and healing). The name itself is just invention
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 11:50am On Mar 07, 2017
Once penetrated, she will no longer be a child
www.punchng.com/once-penetrated-shell-no-longer-be-a-girl-says-man-whose-cousin-married-a-child/

# Empiree, tintingz, lanrexlan, rilwayne001, sissie
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Rilwayne001: 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
AlBaqir:
www.punchng.com/once-penetrated-shell-no-longer-be-a-girl-says-man-whose-cousin-married-a-child/

# Empire.e, tint.ingz, lanrex.lan, rilwayne001, siss.ie

In northern Nigeria, child marriage has been blamed on the quality of education. Parents claimed the quality of education is so poor that schooling cannot be considered a viable alternative to marriage for their daughters.

Or because they deem Western education as haram undecided

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by FriendNG: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

In northern Nigeria, child marriage has been blamed on the quality of education. Parents claimed the quality of education is so poor that schooling cannot be considered a viable alternative to marriage for their daughters.

Or because they seem Western education as haram undecided

*Modified*

Very Wrong. Have you ever in your life heard a Northerner proclaim Western education is Haram (Apart from Boko Haram members)

For your own mind only few northerners go to school abi? Go on advisory visit to see 4 yourself the lies media is brainwashing you with. If you see clusters of young boys and girls going to school in the morning you will be surprise.

And who told you the news on child marriage on the front page is true? Northern marriage is not held in this type of settings as shown in the picture. The name does not even sound northern.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Rilwayne001: 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

Very Wrong. Have you ever in your life heard a Northerner proclaim Western education is Haram (Apart from Boko Haram members)

Their actions shows it. That was how one of our brothers here said 99% of courses offered in the university are "Kufrutic", what's the difference between this and saying it is haram?

For your own mind only few northerners go to school abi?

It is evident. They prefer to go to Madrasah instead.

Go on advisory visit to see 4 yourself the lies media is brainwashing you with. If you see clusters of young boys and girls going to school in the morning you will be surprise.

Poo! Jamb and Ssce data are enough proof.

And who told you the news on child marriage on the front page is true? Northern marriage is not held in this type of settings as shown in the picture. The name does not even sound northern.

Lol. Everything is lie? undecided

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by FriendNG: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Their actions shows it. That was how one of our brothers here said 99% of courses offered in the university are "Kufrutic", what's the difference between this and saying it is haram?

Whose that your brother. is that your brother not going to school?

Where is the evidence. As a child I attend both western and madarasa school and so all my friends and all other beings around me. So where do you get your stories?

What proof exactly?

Show evidence its real.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Rilwayne001: 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

Whose that your brother. is that your brother not going to school?

Lol, that's a story for another day.

Where is the evidence. As a child I attend both western and madarasa school and so all my friends and all other beings around me. So where do you get your stories?What proof exactly?

Jamb and SSCE statistics shows that student hardly sit for exams in that part of the country compared to other part. undecided

Show evidence its real.

Lol, the burden of evidence (that it isn't) is on you. There's a link and even picture as evidence from my own side. Proof it isn't real.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by FriendNG: 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Lol, that's a story for another day.

Ok

Jamb and SSCE statistics shows that student hardly sit for exams in that part of the country compared to other part. undecided

Ok

Lol, the burden of evidence (that it isn't) is on you. There's a link and even picture as evidence from my own side. Proof it isn't real.

I have already made it clear to you. That picture does not in anyway represent marriage in northern Nigeria. Some1 can snap the picture and claim it is marriage.

Even the name of the user should be able to tell you, the difference between the Facebook user and the person in picture.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Rilwayne001: 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

I have already made it clear to you. That picture does not in anyway represent marriage in northern Nigeria. Some1 can snap the picture and claim it is marriage.
Even the name of the user should be able to tell you, there is difference between the Facebook user and the person in picture.

Let's agree to disagree, are you seriously saying such marriage don't occur in the north?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by FriendNG: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Let's agree to disagree, are you seriously saying such marriage don't occur in the north?

Such marriage occur but not often. Secondly that picture is a blatant lie. Thirdly your argument that we consider western education as Haram dax y people get married early is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Nafizzey(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
Rilwayne001:

. read this..
This is not how weddings are done in Northern Nigeria, We don't bring bride and groom together during weddings except at dinners and that's been done by the highly enlightened ones. And in the picture above, the girl is the only lady meaning that it's nothing remotely closer to a dinner gathering. She
To me, she could be the groom's sister and some mischievous people went ahead parading them as husband and wife.
That's not a Northern Nigeria name and When I checked that account on Facebook, I saw a sick nasty guy operating a fake account purportedly from Lagos. He doesn't post in Hausa but kept posting rubbish in corrupted English, mostly on sex related matters.
THE MODS MUST BE ON IMAGE DAINTING MISSION FOR THEM TO HAVE MOVED THIS poo TO FRONT PAGE WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING UP THE NAME ON FACEBOOK.

copied from here https://www.nairaland.com/3667467/northern-man-marries-underaged-girl/7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by AlBaqir(m): 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
# Rilwayne001, lack of education in the north is not the main reason for child marriage in the north or Muslim world generally (wherever such marriage is being taken place). In my own view, its largely has to do with the opportunity provided for them by "Islamic" rulings.

# Majorly, hausas/whoever are empowered by the "Islamic laws". Whether it has been abused or not is another thing. I remember the hypocrite Yerima, former Governor of Zamfara when he was at the senate. He went against the limit age of 18 which Nigeria constitution try to authorized for marriage. And his argument was that Islamic law allowed it (child marriage) and that Nabi himself married Aisha at 6 and consummate the marriage at 9. He himself went ahead to marry his 3rd or 4th wife in Egypt with a 12/13 year old girl paying $15,000.

# While both Sunni and Shia document several ahadith on that fact (permission for child marriage, unfortunately I personally do not believe in those ahadith), and tagged them Sahih,

# Islam is a living religion. Therefore, it adjusts to its circumstances, and its interpretation improves with time. This, at least, is my understanding of it.

By contrast, it seems most Muslim scholars think it is still stuck in the 7th century. So, they mostly still follow 7th century understandings of the religion. The problem with this approach is that as centuries pass and knowledge improves, Islam will continue to look more and more outdated and obsolete. That obviously is the recipe for disaster

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Rilwayne001: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

Such marriage occur but not often.

Good. For the first time you admit the truth. Well done.

Secondly that picture is a blatant lie. Thirdly your argument that we consider western education as Haram dax y people get married early is a lie.

Okay nah! But you can't deny the fact that north are far behind other regions when it comes to Western education.
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Rilwayne001: 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
AlBaqir:
# Rilwayne001, lack of education in the north is not the main reason for child marriage in the north or Muslim world generally (wherever such marriage is being taken place). In my own view, its largely has to do with the opportunity provided for them by "Islamic" rulings.

# Majorly, hausas/whoever are empowered by the "Islamic laws". Whether it has been abused or not is another thing. I remember the hypocrite Yerima, former Governor of Zamfara when he was at the senate. He went against the limit age of 18 which Nigeria constitution try to authorized for marriage. And his argument was that Islamic law allowed it (child marriage) and that Nabi himself married Aisha at 6 and consummate the marriage at 9. He himself went ahead to marry his 3rd or 4th wife in Egypt with a 12/13 year old girl paying $15,000.

# While both Sunni and Shia document several ahadith on that fact (permission for child marriage, unfortunately I personally do not believe in those ahadith), and tagged them Sahih,

# Islam is a living religion. Therefore, it adjusts to its circumstances, and its interpretation improves with time. This, at least, is my understanding of it.

By contrast, it seems most Muslim scholars think it is still stuck in the 7th century. So, they mostly still follow 7th century understandings of the religion. The problem with this approach is that as centuries pass and knowledge improves, Islam will continue to look more and more outdated and obsolete. That obviously is the recipe for disaster

smiley well, i can't but agree with you.
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by FriendNG: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nafizzey:
. read this..
This is not how weddings are done in Northern Nigeria, We don't bring bride and groom together during weddings except at dinners and that's been done by the highly enlightened ones. And in the picture above, the girl is the only lady meaning that it's nothing remotely closer to a dinner gathering. She
To me, she could be the groom's sister and some mischievous people went ahead parading them as husband and wife.
That's not a Northern Nigeria name and When I checked that account on Facebook, I saw a sick nasty guy operating a fake account purportedly from Lagos. He doesn't post in Hausa but kept posting rubbish in corrupted English, mostly on sex related matters.
THE MODS MUST BE ON IMAGE DAINTING MISSION FOR THEM TO HAVE MOVED THIS poo TO FRONT PAGE WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING UP THE NAME ON FACEBOOK.

copied from here https://www.nairaland.com/3667467/northern-man-marries-underaged-girl/7

Kagama magana. You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by Nafizzey(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

Kagama magana. You said it all.
Hakane mutumina. All this our brothers from the other side are waiting for any Info that aligns to their ulterior agenda which they will use to castigate Anything North, Muslim and Hausas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by FriendNG: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nafizzey:
Hakane mutumina. All this our brothers from the other side are waiting for any Info that aligns to their ulterior agenda which they will use to castigate Anything North, Muslim and Hausas.

Yes including the moderators too. Check this thread that hit front page also:

https://www.nairaland.com/3668561/fulani-men-kidnap-52-year-old-woman

Another crap by them.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by tintingz(m): 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Empiree, tintingz, lanrexlan, rilwayne001, sissie

Sorry it took long for me to contribute to this thread, I was ban by antispam-bot from Islam section and I'm suspicious about it. angry

Forced marriage and early marriage has been a thing in Arab world and northern part of Nigeria which I know is against Islam but many Muslim used some so called hadiths to justify their acts.

Concerning the thread topic, Polygamy at this age or era is not advisable due to the negative effects and economy in our present society which you've stated earlier(and there are advantages of polygamy), I'm from a polygamy home I know how things are. It has not been easy for my father balancing everything between the wives and children, no fighting tho but inner beefing dey, you know how women are.

Having children out of wedlock and polygamy are problems to today's society which I agreed with you and Empiree but I will say children from polygamy in a poor home are causing much problem, how can a mother take care and train 5-20 children? When there are still other wives and children the polygamous father will carter for? It is only an average rich man and wealthy man that can achieve this, children born of baby mama are mostly one that thier mother can take care of, it is not much of an issue.

Even the hadith recorded that there were beefings and jealousy among Prophet Muhammad's wives.

There are happily polygamy home like my home but the rate is small.

Good move by the emir, there should be terms and conditions before a man can take another wife.
Re: Emir Sanusi With Brilliant Move On Polygamy by President99: 4:56am On Mar 09, 2017
My position is that of Mufti Menk. He said regulating marriage does not mean stopping it as reported by media. Prophet(SAW) gives conditions for marriage, i.e If u r able! Did it mean Prophet(SAW) stopped marriage?
My question is, even the first marriage that is neccessary u r not forced to do it except u r cabable, talkless of other ones. Lets call a spade a spade.
The problem in northern Nigeria, people like to camourflage religion to their heart desires.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What U Need To Know Abt Islam. / A The Signs Of The Anti Christ (dajjal) Is Everywhere We Should Be On Guard / Sexual Desires - Nouman Ali Khan - Quran Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.