Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy (2760 Views)

Polygamy (Polygyny): "Should I live with his second wife" and lots more / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? / Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Okey dokey

You seem really excited these days.

It's a good thing.
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
snapscore:

You seem really excited these days.

It's a good thing.

Lol. Even with the hard life we brought upon we sef(recession). We can only 'tawakaltu ala lillaah' yah Umm lu'lu. (0_0)
grin grin
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Lol. Even with the hard life we brought upon we sef(recession). We can only[b] 'tawakaltu ala lillaah[/b]' yah Umm lu'lu. (0_0)
grin grin

True. We always have to put our trust in Allah.

At the end of the day, nothing can benefit or harm us except with HIS permission.

Praise be to Allah who has made the matter of the believer good. As the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) mentioned: “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2999).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Sufisunni: 7:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Yes, is allowed but polygamy should not be abused. Being just and financial buoyancy are its are pre-requisite. It baffles me seeing a man that strives on daily basis to feed his family but..........
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Demmzy15(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
I'm perceiving an extreme Soofee around!! undecided Oh! He's above me! grin grin

**runs outta thread**

1 Like

Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by tintingz(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
I was born into a polygamy home, we live happily and show love to each other, but deep down there are beefs between the wives and mostly female siblings. My father really tried and struggled everyday to make things right and fair.

I dont think i can live that kinda life thinking and sharing emotions on multiple wives and children from different mothers, polygamy is not even what I can consider in the future.

Statistics show that the number of women is greater than the number of men; if each man were to marry just one woman, this would mean that some women would be left without a husband, which would have a harmful effect on her and on society:

I use to believe this part but it is false, sex/gender ratio varies in each countries, presently in the world there are more boys than girls, the idea that there are more girls than boys is a past ratio due to men going to war, and many other reasons.
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by mrrights: 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Turantula(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
Chai!

Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by mrrights: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
cool
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
The number of women ready & available for marriage is greater than the number of men ready & available for marriage; if each man (ready & available for marriage) were to marry just one woman (ready & available for marriage), this would mean that some women (ready & available for marriage) would be left without a husband, which would have a harmful effect on her and on society.
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Empiree: 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
olasaad:

And that we never happened in my lineage. Moreover I just used myself as example to relates to what's going on in Muslims women's world.

So don't bring your mouth to issues that doesn't concern you. Amebo
Salaam. Let's be real. It is a condition women have to deal with. There are many reasons a man takes on second wife that neither husband nor wife can control. Isn't this better than your husband use you for prositut!ion?.

Sometimes first wife starts having problems with childbirth after given birth to 1 or 2 babies and doctor advise not to attempt to get pregnant either for yrs or forever but husband wants more children. Do the math. Obviously he will get another woman lawfully or unlawfully. You just have to accept Allah's qadar. I know how you feel but it is just what it is. And dont even think for a second it is enjoyment for men. No, it is fedex to their grave grin
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by olasaad(f): 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
Empiree:
Salaam. Let's be real. It is a condition women have to deal with. There are many reasons a man takes on second wife that neither husband nor wife can control. Isn't this better than your husband use you for prositut!ion?.

Sometimes first wife starts having problems with childbirth after given birth to 1 or 2 babies and doctor advise not to attempt to get pregnant either for yrs or forever but husband wants more children. Do the math. Obviously he will get another woman lawfully or unlawfully. You just have to accept Allah's qadar. I know how you feel but it is just what it is. And dont even think for a second it is enjoyment for men. No, it is fedex to their grave grin

Salamualikum warahmatullah wabarakatul. Pls don't misunderstood me, I'm not against polygamy, I am just talking about the way men practice it. May almighty Allah guide us more
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Empiree: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
olasaad:

Salamualikum warahmatullah wabarakatul. Pls don't misunderstood me, I'm not against polygamy, I am just talking about the way men practice it. May almighty Allah guide us more
walaikum salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh. Really, aside from abusers, it will still be difficult to satisfy women either way. I read where you said husband should build a house, car etc for his first wife before taking another woman. Not all men can do this even if they have the means. You know another concern pops up which is, the issue of trust and faithfulness to her husband. Some prefer to have all his wives live with him under the same roof but large building and they live in their respective apartment.

Anyway, i dont think i have energy for that. I will rather build house for her separately sharp sharp to make my life easy cuzz, me can't deal with jealous women at the same time before they smash bottle for my head grin

Amin to your dua

2 Likes

Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by LadunaI(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2018
Empiree:
walaikum salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh. Really, aside from abusers, it will still be difficult to satisfy women either way. I read where you said husband should build a house, car etc for his first wife before taking another woman. Not all men can do this even if they have the means. You know another concern pops up which is, the issue of trust and faithfulness to her husband. Some prefer to have all his wives live with him under the same roof but large building and they live in their respective apartment.

Anyway, i dont think i have energy for that. I will rather build house for her separately sharp sharp to make my life easy cuzz, me can't deal with jealous women at the same time before they smash bottle for my head grin

Amin to your dua
Lol @ smash bottle for your head. Truth to be told, is NOT easy for woman to swallow that bitter pill, but like what that sister said, I quite agree with her suggestion, and that will smh calm the incumbent wife's nerve and feel not entirely ostracized by that move by her husband. Anyway May Allah continue to guide us (Amin)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2018
Wow! cool, just knowing all this now.
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Biodun556(m): 5:14am On Dec 16, 2018
MARRY TWO OR MORE WIVES TO REDUCE PROSTITUTION – IMO STATE COMMISSIONER FOR HAPPINESS

The Imo state Commissioner for Happiness, Mrs Ogechi Ololo, has appealed to men in her State to try to marry two or more women and stop the idea of one man , one woman as a way of reducing prostitution and redundancy among Imo state Women.

Speaking in Owerri state capital this morning, Commissioner Ogechi said Imo state has more women than men forcing a lot of unmarried women to commit adultery with other people’s husbands.

The commissioner said according to statistics, out of approximately 3.9 million Imo state indigenes, 3 million are women and only .9 million are men.
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by Biodun556(m): 5:18am On Dec 16, 2018
sarahade:

Mtcheeeeew. perverts everywhere.
I must say your illustration is the dumbest thing i have ever heard so how does marrying more than one wife make you closer to allah keep deceiving yourself only a wicked msn who is not worthy of being a father will want to raise children in a polygamous home.
So you will be happy that your daughter is leaving with a man who doesn't make her happy.
The prophets actions were not the best but its justified
But all this 2 naira 50 kobo boys that think you are men need to grow up because you know better and no one has ever said anything good about polygamy.
Discipline is what makes a man not the number of wives and children that he has that will cause him to his grave.
Muslim women listen to me well run from a man who tells you to leave everything for him and make him your head and yet cannot sacrifice his sexual desires for an olosho because of you its not worth it.
You deserve to be happy allah has never denied women that so don't be suffering and smiling even if you can endure can your children grow up with the division in the house.
A man who cannot be faithful to 1 wife can never be faithful and just to 4. them go still follow ashawo so my sister run for your life the quran didn't make it compulsory for a woman to stay with a man when he wants to marry another one.
My 2 cent.

MARRY TWO OR MORE WIVES TO REDUCE PROSTITUTION – IMO STATE COMMISSIONER FOR HAPPINESS

The Imo state Commissioner for Happiness, Mrs Ogechi Ololo, has appealed to men in her State to try to marry two or more women and stop the idea of one man , one woman as a way of reducing prostitution and redundancy among Imo state Women.

Speaking in Owerri state capital this morning, Commissioner Ogechi said Imo state has more women than men forcing a lot of unmarried women to commit adultery with other people’s husbands.

The commissioner said according to statistics, out of approximately 3.9 million Imo state indigenes, 3 million are women and only .9 million are men.
Re: 8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy by sarahade(f): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2018
Biodun556:

Stay the f*ck away from my mention. Like you men can satisfy 1 woman talkless of 2. Mtcheew

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid-l-adha 2018: Thread To Wish Your Loved Ones / Differences Between Zakkah And Taxes / How to perform gushlu (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.