Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

2019 Potential Presidents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Potential Presidents (32782 Views)

May 29 Remains Inauguration Day For Presidents – Senate / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Statues Of African Presidents Erected By Okorocha In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by eodavids(m): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sule Lamido is the best candidate for Nigeria now.
OP should acknowledge that
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Kiakia(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
Continued...
4 Alhaji Atiku Abubakar
2019 might be the best time for Turaki to actualize his more than a decade old dream. His main challenge however is that he has more friends outside APC than inside. For example PMB still believes Atiku was part and parcel of the repeated mantra of 16 years PDP corruption. While he may overlook a minister or a state governor who may not have done much of the damage, Atiku especially pre-2003 was the de factor president. Therefore we all know Atiku wouldn't be the idlest candidate for PMB to support.
But due to the different vested interests in the party, Turaki could mobilize all the former PDP members in the party and we all know they are strong enough to hijack the party and nominate him as the presidential candidate. With people like Saraki, Tambuwal, Ameachi Dogara on his side, Atiku stands a very good chance against whoever Tinubu's camp will support. As I keep emphasizing, winning the primary election is the main issue.
5. SP Sen. Abubakar Bukola Saraki
Giving the Turaki situation above, the Senate president may succeed in beating Turaki to get the "PDP members in APC" caucus support. A crisis is likely to erupt and trust these cunning PDP members to exploit it like they did in the Senate president election.
Conclusion
Barring any major change like the death of the president (God forbid) or him anointing his preferred candidate outside these five (People like El-Rufai, but I believe he'd be more interested in a second term than this gamble unless the president asks him to fill in his shoes like OBJ did to Yar'Adua), I strongly believe the next president of Nigeria is up there.
Abubakar, a strong contender but as for Saraki, you misfired big time.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by teebaxy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
El rufai that if recon tested as kaduna Governor might not win, I I.e President-Professor Yemi Osinbanjo, VicePresident- Sen. Muhammadu Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso ...... This is my prediction for 2019

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
where is sule Lamido?
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
ephi123:
By the way what happened to "Buhari till 2023"? Why not feature him on this list as well.
Read the intro, All these only have a chance if PMB decides not to contest.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
pearly1:
where is sule Lamido?
Lamido is in PDP, and PDP has no chance.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Koolking(m): 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

The people's mandate first have to be decided at the primary elections. If circumstances favour any of those and they I merger APC candidates there isn't opposition strong enough to defeat the ruling party.

Political parties in Nigeria are wiser now. They don't waste resources on unpopular candidates. They look for candidates who are popular (not necessarily a politician). 2019 elections would be very decisive. A candidate with faulty antecedence would fail woefully.

Come to think of it, there is no opposition in Nigeria for now. PDP is dead and buried. It's not good for the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by bilal4riid(m): 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
princejonhealth:
even in our Dreams we can't vote APC again
You have never votes for them.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
Kiakia:
Abubakar, a strong contender but as for Saraki, you misfired big time.
What's the difference between Saraki and Atiku? Besides Saraki's link to Yoruba he's almost exactly the same with Atiku politically.
Both lack cult follwership and both defend on thier money connection to their old PDP allies within and outside the APC. So it all depend on who is smart enough to get the majority to his side.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
Koolking:

Political parties in Nigeria are wiser now. They don't waste resources on unpopular candidates. They look for candidates who are popular (not necessarily a politician). 2019 elections would be very decisive. A candidate with faulty antecedence would fail woefully.

Come to think of it, there is no opposition in Nigeria for now. PDP is dead and buried. It's not good for the country
Thank you for understanding, of course one party system is never good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Aribambam: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
nnamdi kanu nnamdi kanu nnamdi kanu nnamdi kanu nnamdi kanu
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Babamide(m): 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
Only Osinbajo and Kwankwaso stand a chance. The remaining candidate are part of the cancerous cells in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
mildteddy:

Wow!

Tell me, how has that helped your life and the life of your kinsmen generally?
It has saved me from heart-ache when my here is mercilessly handed a humiliating defeat after chest beating.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ephi123(f): 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Read the intro, All these only have a chance if PMB decides not to contest.

I am amazed you actually share this viewpoint: "Until PMB's recent medical trip I was convinced there was no major obstacle for a PMB's second term"

Someone who was performing woefully on all key indices, yet those factors did not seem enough to constitute a major obstacle. So what do you count as a major obstacle in that case?

By the way, PMB would be almost 80 then, why on earth will people re-vote an 80 year old??

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
ephi123:

I am amazed you actually share this viewpoint: "Until PMB's recent medical trip I was convinced there was no major obstacle for a PMB's second term"

Someone who was performing woefully on all key indices, yet those factors did not seem enough to constitute a major obstacle. So what do you count as a major obstacle in that case?

By the way, PMB would be almost 80 then, why on earth will people re-vote an 80 year old??
Thank for seeing that statement.
Am not saying the president has done the right thing to deserve a second term, no! What am saying is in reality three isn't a foreseeable obstacle as of now especially lack of anrganized opposition figure that would appear to be better choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ephi123(f): 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Thank for seeing that statement.
Am not saying the president has done the right thing to deserve a second term, no! What am saying is in reality three isn't a foreseeable obstacle as of now especially lack of anrganized opposition figure that would appear to be better choice.

Okay, I think I see your point. There is no significant opposition in place at the moment, although then again DSS would probably be set up to arrest them if they surfaced now.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by DMarvel(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
You kuku ma add Hitler grin grin grin grin
APCHaram:
Abacha
Dimka
Qaddafi
Idi Amin

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
ephi123:

Okay, I think I see your point. There is no significant opposition in place at the moment, although then again DSS would probably be set up to arrest them if they surfaced now.
My sister no amount of DSS harassment can subdue a well organized opposition. DSS even once claimed APC hacked into INEC database (something that is offline) arrested it's officials but at the end it only made APC more popular.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by mildteddy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

It has saved me from heart-ache when my here is mercilessly handed a humiliating defeat after chest beating.

And your kinsmen... Do they share in this salvation from heart-aches?
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Adebanjids1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
All I see is Fayose The Oshokomole of Yoruba Land, The People's Gov.
Fayose for 2019
U Wanna raise a bet

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by ephi123(f): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

My sister no amount of DSS harassment can subdue a well organized opposition. DSS even once claimed APC hacked into INEC database (something that is offline) arrested it's officials but at the end it only made APC more popular.

You are right. Well, we'll see how things go.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by adanny01(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
I dont think any of these guys will be the next president.

I believe its either Buhari himself or some one who is not expected and chosen by Buhari/Tinubu.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by doubleportion: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Thank you for understanding, B but the main reason I no longer subscribe to the thought of PMB contesting is simply because he demonstrated readiness to give the VP Acting powers something Yar'Adua failed to do even when he was bed ridden. This indicates that he may decide not to contest in 2019. If he does however then there won't be anybody stopping his second term.
Mind you he is still getting older and at approaching 80 years his health can only be managed.
Does that means delegation of power as constitution required implied that he can't get it back when he returns? Even Yaradua also had a good mind, it was people that surrounded him that were power mongers, not forgetting that he had already gave Osinbajo room to operate before he left.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Charly68: 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
What about Tambuwa
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by alfsalami: 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
All you see happening is because of PMB's personality . PMB has no close rival at all . Its PMB all the way except he willingly opt out .
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by doubleportion: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
[quote author=Adebanjids1 post=53922277]All I see is Fayose The Oshokomole of Yoruba Land, The People's Gov.

Fayose for 2019

U Wanna raise a bet[/quote

grin When you wake up from that dream let me know,even among the PDP Fayose have secret enemies due to the way and manner he imposed Sheriff on them as national chairman, they are just chilled for now because of the way he behaves as their hired gun to the ruling APC

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by BigBen10: 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
You guys should just forget it Jagaban is not interested in contesting presidency.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by hakyma(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
The list is not complete without *Fayose*.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
doubleportion:

Does that means delegation of power as constitution required implied that he can't get it back when he returns? Even Yaradua also had a good mind, it was people that surrounded him that were power mongers, not forgetting that he had already gave Osinbajo room to operate before he left.
Bob course he can get it back, but if be considers a series of tests as more important to him than been at the helm of affairs, then it's a strong indication he may consider not contesting in 2019 giving that age is not on his side and the sickness can only be managed.
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by EazyMoh(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
Charly68:
What about Tambuwa
Tambuwal is h still Aliyu Wallamko's boy. He might be popular but he's still a young man when it comes politics at national level. He will gladly seek for his Sokoto second term.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by doubleportion: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:

Bob course he can get it back, but if be considers a series of tests as more important to him than been at the helm of affairs, then it's a strong indication he may consider not contesting in 2019 giving that age is not on his side and the sickness can only be managed.

You need to know that the nature of PMB illness is not yet known, as long as it is not a terminal illness that is getting serious, he will be good judging by the reports of various visitation that we have seen. We know that he wasn't down on hospital bed,still attending to visitors j
Re: 2019 Potential Presidents by Amokwe(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
EazyMoh:
Having closely followed Nigerian politics especially 2011 and 2015 elections, I believe there are enough indications to safely predict who and who might be most likely victorious presidential candidates in 2019.
Until PMB's recent medical trip I was convinced there was no major obstacle for a PMB's second term. This I believed was simply due to the lack of a viable presidential candidate that can challenge the president at the polls.
May I remind you in 2011 that people voted mainly against GEJ due to his failures (real or perceived). Likewise in 2019 people (the majority at least) may consider voting against PMB (also against real and perceived flaws), but the deciding factor is lack of a reliable opposition figure to do to PMB what he did to GEJ .
So foreclosing the above scenario due to the president's health gives room for predicting his likely successor. Going by the president's decision to play neutral in legislature leadership elections, it's safe to say the president may decide to do the same thing in 2019 regarding APC presidential candidate.
This brings us to the top five people I'd consider most likely to succeed PMB.
Disclaimer: This is entirely my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

ROCHAS OKOROHAUSA
Being the President is his DREAM of all dreams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Blast Police for Saying They Barricaded The Resident to Protect her / Hyacinth Kwegi And His Family Go To Farm In Benue (photos) / Revolution Now: Ibrahim Dan Arrested By DSS For Supporting Sowore On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.