Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 (30380 Views)

Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired in 2017 / Write A Resume That Gets You Hired: 6 Common Resume Mistakes To Avoid / 5 Skills Every Young Graduate Must Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by olaztek(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2017
Programming is usually taught in most universities in Nigeria especially for students studying courses like computer science, electrical and electronics engineering etc.
For those that have learnt programming in the university, you will agree with me that at first it looked strange and awkward because it was not introduced while in secondary school.
I believe if secondary school students especially those in science class are exposed to these programming languages, we will be able to produce great programmers in Nigeria.
This will also create employment for the teachers.
(by fayvoor)
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Babachukwu: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2017
How to repair computers and phones not uni computer Engr.
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Namady(m): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2017
The biggest is the Godfather skills grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by 1metre: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2017
epobot:
excel and spreadsheet expert skills will help. Does any one know were I can get such in owerri or Aba. any professional institution?
excel and spreadsheet are they not one and the same??
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by jayjayjay: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2017
DO YOU LIVE IN BWARI ABUJA AND NEED A JOB AS A SHOP ASSISTANT. PLEASE CALL 08135982248.
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by wonlasewonimi: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2017
Just mix business knowledge with IT skills and you could be set for life

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by josephsm823(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
It is no longer news that racking up skills is one of the surest ways to get jobs this 2017 in Nigeria. If you have read my letter “http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/”, you would have a clue of the message I am trying to pass across. For every advertised job in Nigeria, there are thousands of job seekers that apply for the specific vacancy which only the talented would get[in most cases]. Unfortunately, there are lots of skills to learn; but not all of them can get you hired easily.These top 5 skills in Nigeria according to opinion is based on a number of job searches that are related to them. In this article, I will list out the top 5 skills in Nigeria below.

1) IT SKILLS

This is among the top 5 skills in Nigeria, and it wouldn’t come as a surprise to many, but the surprise here is that not every IT skill is actually a hot skill in Nigeria. There are some IT skills that are considered drab skills; it means are not always needed and no much vacancy advert from them. So the hot skills under the IT sector include;

Programming: Your ability to write codes using various programming languages like Python, C#, Java and a host of them to create wonderful exciting pieces of stuff like websites and computer software. This is one of the leading IT skills in 2017 because of its complexity, thereby creating a huge gap in the supply level of programmers. Once you acquire this skill, you can either work as a tutor or get picked up by a top level firm.

Graphics Design: Your ability to create exciting designs will easily help you locate jobs in so many firms. Most firms are no longer willing to outsource this service out, making them employ graphics designers in numbers. Having this skill can either allow you work from home, work as a tutor in an IT school or work for an organization that needs your services.

Digital Marketing: The competition among firms has forced them to take most of their marketing campaigns online. Due to this new development, they are being forced to hire digital Marketers who will lead them through this campaign. Having this skill as a Job seeker guarantees you a job no doubt. Even without guarantee, your chances of getting something doing are on the high side.

Other Notable IT skills include;

Computer Engineering
Website Design/Development

2) Marketing Skills

Due to the competition for a larger customer base, it has made the marketing job to be ranked among the top 5 skills in Nigeria right now in th job market.

NOTE: I won’t advise you to work as a marketing slave to some firms.

According to research, about 40% of daily job adverts has something to do with marketing. Getting this skill is something you would really love to have as an ace in your chambers. Your ability to show the recruiter that you can sell, and bring businesses to the company is a really something that most firms need now. It also opens up your chances of getting that job. The opinion that marketers work only on a commission basis is totally false. Marketing executives and Business Development officers earn cool and super amounts depending on your ability.

3) Communication/Presentation skills

This is among the top 5 skills that can earn you a job. You must be someone who is outspoken and can be able to deliver messages precisely and clearly. A lot of consultancies, broadcasting, and advertising firms are on the lookout for people with such abilities. You can either write a detailed letter of introduction about yourself and what you can do, forward it to broadcasting houses and other related firms. Make sure your press them for feedback and most importantly, don’t ever give up.

4) Writing/Editing and Proofreading Skills
Due to the increase of blog and websites, a lot of firms are employing those who can create super contents for them on daily basis. Even most of us with full-time jobs are taking up such jobs as a side hustle. I believe that once you possess this skill, you can be able to gain employment for yourself with ease. For every blog and website you see, there is a content creator for them all. All you need do is to write a sales pitch to the owner of the site and wait for feedback. You can learn how to write a sales pitch “http://topwritersden.com/how-to-write-a-good-sales-pitch-letter/

5) Customer service skills

If you can show a firm that you can help convert leads to customers, convert buying customers to long-term customers, then there are jobs waiting for you to possess. This difference between this skill and others is that you must have a certificate to back up your claims. There are lots of firms that offer certification training for customer service jobs, but only a few are genuine. You can do well to make an overall research about them and choose the one that is best for you.

Remember, to have a skill you wish to build your career into; or the ones that can be combined in other to complement each other. Add other ideas using the comment section.

Like our facebook page @ www.facebook.com/topwritersden

Twitter @topwritersden

source: http://topwritersden.com/top-5-skills-in-nigeria-in-2017/

contact me on whatsapp if you want to learn every of the skills or any online. .
whatsapp; 07063319004
I'll give you information and access to study free courses...
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Nigerianinfobox(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
You are very right about this .... I will look forward to be good at one of them
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Erums(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
This is one nice piece of info.. Thanks bro, i wanna get more for my future challenges.... For now its HSE skills thats fetchin me the money.... Stay safe pple
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by digitite: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Programming: Your ability to write codes using various programming languages like Python, C#, Java and a host of them to create wonderful exciting pieces of stuff like websites and computer software. This is one of the leading IT skills in 2017 because of its complexity, thereby creating a huge gap in the supply level of programmers. Once you acquire this skill, you can either work as a tutor or get picked up by a top level firm.

Computer Engineering
Website Design/Development

These are my areas of proficiency.... You can never go wrong with them and the more technology evolves, the more marketable you are....
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by pastorkingsleye(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
please am interested in the digital marketing skill, communication/presentation skill and customer service skill. I am a front office manager and I desperately need these skills, where do I start from?
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by BiafranBushBoy: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
pastorkingsleye:
please am interested in the digital marketing skill, communication/presentation skill and customer service skill. I am a front office manager and I desperately need these skills, where do I start from?

Where is your location?

I am the Op.
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by BiafranBushBoy: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Nigerianinfobox:
You are very right about this .... I will look forward to be good at one of them

We are waiting for you wink
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
1metre:
excel and spreadsheet are they not one and the same??

No , there are different types of spreadsheet. excel is one of them. so if u don't av any info, go and find something better to do . jobless human being
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by 1metre: 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2017
epobot:

No , there are different types of spreadsheet. excel is one of them. so if u don't av any info, go and find something better to do . jobless human being
I just ask a question, didn't mean harm
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by pastorkingsleye(m): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2017
am in lagos around lekki area
BiafranBushBoy:

Where is your location?

I am the Op.
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by BiafranBushBoy: 9:19am On Feb 22, 2017
pastorkingsleye:
am in lagos around lekki area

Depending on your pocket, there are lots of top notch IT firms there. Just conduct a little research. I am not to conversant with the Island. Lol
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by pastorkingsleye(m): 11:35am On Feb 23, 2017
A lot is expected of me from my company right now to bring in business, it is a hotel, so what ever skill am acquiring should add value to my job
BiafranBushBoy:

Depending on your pocket, there are lots of top notch IT firms there. Just conduct a little research. I am not to conversant with the Island. Lol
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by BiafranBushBoy: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2017
pastorkingsleye:
A lot is expected of me from my company right now to bring in business, it is a hotel, so what ever skill am acquiring should add value to my job

Since it is a sales Job, which I am well grounded in, there are soft skills you can learn.

I don't know your proficiency in sales... But skills like Sales Psychology, Prospecting, Advanced follow-up model and Sales Tunnel should be at the tip of ur fungers
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
1metre:
I just ask a question, didn't mean harm

sorry for sounding harsh, I always come off defensive. lol. av a nice weekend

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Tizzyreal: 1:48am On Feb 26, 2017
.COM.GO
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Tizzyreal: 3:40am On Feb 26, 2017
ATS COMPLIANT CV
Are you having problems of not being invited or shortlisted for any job interview despite the numerous applications you have been submitting and yet not a single invitation for an interview?. Well it is important to inform you that the reason why you were not successful is mainly because your CV is not ATS compliant. An ATS (Applicants Tracking System) is an automated machine just like ATM (automated teller machine) that handles many transactions for larger number of users on behalf of the bank, so also is ATS that handles millions of CVs on behalf of the human resource officers that could have been impossible for them to handle manually millions of CVs brought to their desk. The ATS has a standard format and any CV that does not comply with its format is deleted by the machine. And this is why most applicants fail to be shortlisted after submitting their applications, only those who are aware of this machine and its format get shortlisted for interview. To help most applicants succeed, I am generously giving away two copies containing the ATS format and guidelines at a cheap price of N1000 for the first 200 people to request. Please note that after the first 200 people I will stop selling. To get the two copies, send me a mail to chidinmaonwuk@gmail.com and I will acquaint you. Once payment is verified, I will immediately send you the two copies to your mailbox.

ONLINE JOBS
Do you know you can earn a living through online jobs? Though there are lots of fake and scam online jobs out there, but there are still genuine ones out there that are real and can pay you real money straight to your bank account or paypal account. These genuine ones are in the minority but reliable enough to sustain you in school, your family needs, etc. To benefit, you need to have a laptop or desktop of your own and an internet connection, you also need to be knowledgeable enough, that is, not an illiterate. To get these jobs, I have a list of 10 genuine foreign and local sites that pays. Also in the list, I’m going to show you a bank in Nigeria that you can use to access payments from the internet conveniently. I am giving away this list at a cheap prices of N1000 to interested persons. Send me an email to chidinmaonwuk@gmail.com with the subject, ONLINE JOBS, and I will get back to you immediately.

SAMPLE BUSINESS PLAN FOR START UPS
Are you in need of a sample of an effective BUSINESS PLAN for a startup business?. Do you want to gain the skill of writing an effective business plan for startup companies?. I have a sample of an effective business plan for startup companies in addition with the guidelines, which I’m selling at N1000. Send me an email to chidinmaonwuk@gmail.com, with the subject, BUSINESS PLAN, and I will reply you immediately.
Re: Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 by Gamelord007: 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
try www.post4solution.com a top quality freelance job site that supports Naira transactions

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Npower: Any Hope Of Getting December Stipend? / Shortlist of Names of BOI YES Programme Successful Applicants 2016-Round 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.