Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? (786 Views)

Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / Has Nairaland Ever Witnessed A Made In Nairaland Healing Or Miracle Before? / OMG: I Just Witnessed A Miracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by stuffsabouttara(f): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Good sense of hearing is one of the things I was blessed with, and I always use this gift to my fullest advantage. This past Sunday, I was lying down in my room, trying to cram for my papers on Tuesday but the noise coming from the room adjacent to mine just wouldn't let my brain do it's job properly. Whatever the topic of discussion was must have been really interesting since I was hearing a lot of laughter and raised voices and 'eeeheeens!?', so I dropped my books and started listening.

They were talking about the church they attended that Tuesday, about how the pastor called out a woman and told her about the charms in her shop, then a well known lecturer and accurately described his office and asked him to run, not walk o, but to run outside and buy olive oil for anointing and last but not least, he even prophesied to one one of the guys in our hostel, told him the things he had always secretly wished for, and asked him to stop drinking excessively or else he'll be a drunkard for the rest of his life.

I always hear stories of people receiving prophecies and miracles, especially the time when TB. Joshua of SCOAN was making the news headlines daily and was on almost everybody's lips, Papa disconnected the free-to-air so we wouldn't watch it, there were a lot of controversies surrounding that man.

To cut a long story short, I've never really believed them, somehow, I just cannot be convinced. I guess it's one of those 'until it happens to you' things because 'seeing is believing' they say. Jesus may have turned water into wine and raised the dead and healed lepers, but these prophets of nowadays, no one can tell sha. None of my family members or close relatives have had an express miracle, I've never been privileged to witness the blind see or the lame walk or the dumb speak. One time a pastor told my parents that 'God' said they would have a male child in exactly a year's time. It's been 7 years now.

The thing is, everyday I hear about miracles and pastors giving prophecies, there was one time the gist was now that people were going into earthly coma and Jesus would take them round and give them a tour of both heaven and hell. People get delivered of evil spirits, even Jim Iyke of all people was said to have experienced it, but none of it ever comes my way. I'm never there, I never see it for myself, I never know the supposed beneficiary on a personal level. Do miracles really happen, or it's all just one big sham?

#copied

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2017
Yeah, a very slim woman I know visited christ embassy Lagos for a healing, 1 month later, this woman is fat. I dunno if she was pumped or wat undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by Outofsync(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2017
lofty900:
Yeah, a very slim woman I know visited christ embassy Lagos for a healing, 1 month later, this woman is fat. I dunno if she was pumped or wat undecided
grin grin

Poverty na bastard sha!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by stuffsabouttara(f): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Outofsync:
grin grin

Poverty na bastard sha!
lmao. Did they tell you she was very slim because she was poor?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by Outofsync(m): 11:21am On Feb 22, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
lmao. Did they tell you she was very slim because she was poor?
There is fashionable slimness and poverty-induced slimness.

The fact that she became profoundly fattened after just a month indicates poverty.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by stuffsabouttara(f): 11:29am On Feb 22, 2017
Outofsync:
There is fashionable slimness and poverty-induced slimness.

The fact that she became profoundly fattened after just a month indicates poverty.
rotfl. Or maybe she was just suffering from an ailment. But thin to fat in just a month... Hmmm, it's certainly more than just only food.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by Origin(f): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2017
When we refuse to see the extraordinary in our daily lives,we begin to go extra length to find the ordinary. (TM- trademark grin)

I come to nairaland I see disasters tragedy, yet here i am I've travelled far and wide- no accidents. In fact the injuries I have are from my sitting room (too much movies).

Learning to count your blessings is a direct acknowledgment of the miracles in your everyday life.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
stuffsabouttara:
Good sense of hearing is one of the things I was blessed with, and I always use this gift to my fullest advantage. This past Sunday, I was lying down in my room, trying to cram for my papers on Tuesday but the noise coming from the room adjacent to mine just wouldn't let my brain do it's job properly. Whatever the topic of discussion was must have been really interesting since I was hearing a lot of laughter and raised voices and 'eeeheeens!?', so I dropped my books and started listening.

They were talking about the church they attended that Tuesday, about how the pastor called out a woman and told her about the charms in her shop, then a well known lecturer and accurately described his office and asked him to run, not walk o, but to run outside and buy olive oil for anointing and last but not least, he even prophesied to one one of the guys in our hostel, told him the things he had always secretly wished for, and asked him to stop drinking excessively or else he'll be a drunkard for the rest of his life.

I always hear stories of people receiving prophecies and miracles, especially the time when TB. Joshua of SCOAN was making the news headlines daily and was on almost everybody's lips, Papa disconnected the free-to-air so we wouldn't watch it, there were a lot of controversies surrounding that man.

To cut a long story short, I've never really believed them, somehow, I just cannot be convinced. I guess it's one of those 'until it happens to you' things because 'seeing is believing' they say. Jesus may have turned water into wine and raised the dead and healed lepers, but these prophets of nowadays, no one can tell sha. None of my family members or close relatives have had an express miracle, I've never been privileged to witness the blind see or the lame walk or the dumb speak. One time a pastor told my parents that 'God' said they would have a male child in exactly a year's time. It's been 7 years now.

The thing is, everyday I hear about miracles and pastors giving prophecies, there was one time the gist was now that people were going into earthly coma and Jesus would take them round and give them a tour of both heaven and hell. People get delivered of evil spirits, even Jim Iyke of all people was said to have experienced it, but none of it ever comes my way. I'm never there, I never see it for myself, I never know the supposed beneficiary on a personal level. Do miracles really happen, or it's all just one big sham?

#copied

Can you kindly describe what you mean by miracle

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by sholay2011(m): 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Can you kindly describe what you mean by miracle
I mean, with all she wrote up there, you still didn't get what she meant or was implying? Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
sholay2011:

I mean, with all she wrote up there, you still didn't get what she meant or was implying? Are you a Nigerian?

A lot of people have different definitions to miracles, some things called miracle are not, so pls kindly explain what you mean by miracle

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by InsanePsycho(m): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
Yes.

I live in a country where people believe there is a man in the sky who cares and loves them and will send them to hell for not loving him back.

Such kind of stupidity can only be a miracle

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed A Miracle First Hand? by stuffsabouttara(f): 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
InsanePsycho:
Yes.

I live in a country where people believe there is a man in the sky who cares and loves them and will send them to hell for not loving him back.

Such kind of stupidity can only be a miracle
hahaha. You are too hilarious. *no offense meant to religion*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why is it so in Nairaland / See The Sunday School Questions That Led To Serious Argument In Church Today / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/06/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.