Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do (1736 Views)

9 Incredible Useful Things I Didn’t Know Chrome Could Do. / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do. You Need To See N0 7 / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by Abdstrakt(m): 11:52am On Feb 22, 2017
Remote lock or wipe your lost phone

You know that fear we all get when we lose our smartphone? The fear that all your data and private information that you had stored on your phone might become public? Because to be honest in these day and age, our mobile devices sometimes know a lot more about our private lives than some of our friends. Therefore, with the loss of our mobile phones we fear that our secrets may be exposed. Be it in our bank information, private documents, emails or whatever else it may be, that is all at risk with the loss of our devices.
However, using the Android Device Manager (ADM) we can avoid all the stress that comes with the loss of a mobile device. The ADM is a Google feature that lets you track and take control of your phone if you ever lose it. The ADM does a lot more than just track your phone though, with it you can ring your phone even from a far, you can lock your phone remotely to prevent someone from accessing the data it contains.
Also, if you cannot foresee a possibility of you getting your phone back, you can use the ADM to reset your phone and delete all the data stored on it.

As well as proving a useful tool for lost and stolen smartphones, it's also handy for those, like us, that frequently lose their smartphone without even shifting from the sofa. Android Device Manager lets users ring the device using its accompanying website at maximum volume, even if the device has been silenced. If even that can't help find the device in the depths of your home, it can also be pinpointed in real-time on a map.
You can enable the Android Device Manager in Settings > Security > Device Administrators  and access the site on your computer if you ever lose your phone. 

Though I've not had the unfortunate experience of having my smartphone stolen or lost, every smartphone I've owned have always had ADM enabled since its launch in 2013.
So, have you ever had your smartphone stolen/misplaced and ADM came to your rescue?

Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by Iceman296: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2017
WOW, Thanks OP for sharing!!
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by MizMyColi(f): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
This feature does not really work well with android 4.4.2.
I tried it recently.

It works better with lollipop upwards.

I prefer folders encryption. That's one thing I liked the phantom 6 for back then.
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by CellTabRepairs: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
coolClick My Name, View the resource you need!cool
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by potterpeters(m): 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is very informative.. Thanks OP
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
IF YOU NEVER KNEW THIS WHY THEN DO YOU USE AN ANDROID DEVICE ??
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by tafat: 1:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Nice info, atleast i can safeguard my new tecno w5
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by oluwadaemilola: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
really informative
Iceman296:
WOW, Thanks OP for sharing!!
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by oluwadaemilola: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good
tafat:
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by oluwadaemilola: 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good for you
tafat:
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by oluwadaemilola: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
not everyone snoop around on their phone
Rapsowdee01:
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by oluwadaemilola: 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
ok
that is nice
MizMyColi:
I tried it recently.

I prefer folders encryption. That's one thing I liked the phantom 6 for back then.
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by DavidoArsenal(m): 1:54am On Feb 27, 2017
Yeah the higher android version on the Phantom 6 makes features like this easier and more enjoyable to use. If you're using a phone with the Android version at 4. or less, you're unlikely to know about the ADM
MizMyColi:
I tried it recently.

Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by paolokonqueror(m): 1:56am On Feb 27, 2017
Tbf I've used an Android device for years and I didn't know so kudos OP! Thanks, very informative.
Rapsowdee01:
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by paolokonqueror(m): 1:58am On Feb 27, 2017
Niceeee!!! Tecno W5 is an amazing phone, one of my friends uses it, her camera is just so freshhh. How much did you get yours?
tafat:
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by MizMyColi(f): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
Yeah the higher android version on the Phantom 6 makes features like this easier and more enjoyable to use. If you're using a phone with the Android version at 4. or less, you're unlikely to know about the ADM

I do know about it.
Just pointed out the obvious.
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by Abdstrakt(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2017
Rapsowdee01:
Lol.... this is actually laughable.
Re: Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do by Abdstrakt(m): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2017
DavidoArsenal:
Actually it's made to work on smartphones running Android 2.3 and above.

(1) (Reply)

Ipad Air 2 For Sale / Phones From 25k To 30k / Cheap And Affordable Data To All MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.