Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result (1797 Views)

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / "The N13 Billion Nanny Loan" Oceanic Bank To Cecilia Ibru's Ex-Nanny / Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by coolguyz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
Oceanic Bank Plc declared its quarter 3 result as follows -

Gross Earnings - N46.83bn

Loan Provisions - (N315.115)bn

Loss before Tax - (N400.9)bn

Tax Credit - 114.864bn

Loss after Tax - (N286.04)bn

Net Assets - (N69.20)bn

With this results, the following can be deduced -

The bank made just N46.83bn in 9months to September 2009. (against N112.265bn declared as at 2008)

Provision for loan losses of N315.115bn aginst provisons of N1.16bn made in 2008

Net Asset of (N69.20bn) against N254.406bn as at september 2008.

Means the Bank is

technically insolvent

its going concern is threatened unless cash injections

shareholders investments gone down the drain sad sad sadunless the huge provisioons can be realised back. (wat has EFCC now recovered after all the hullaballooo of going after debtors done to help the banks?)

This is food for thot as other bailed out banks too have been asked to publish the results. this week is going to really be a week of bank results that will only erode confidence the more. . . . . . . . . investments don enter water fa angry
Re: Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Na wa oh. All my shares
Re: Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by lannre(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
If I have been selling pure water with my money I know how much I would have make. Truly Oceanic, all money in the ocean.
Re: Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by Kx: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
Oceanic Bank- Experience Peace

I wonder the kind of peace this piece of information will bring.
Re: Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by paddylo1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2009
Net Assets - (N69.20)bn

With this results, the following can be deduced -

The bank made just N46.83bn in 9months to September 2009. (against N112.265bn declared as at 2008)

Provision for loan losses of N315.115bn aginst provisons of N1.16bn made in 2008

Net Asset of (N69.20bn) against N254.406bn as at september 2008.

Means the Bank is

technically insolvent

its going concern is threatened unless cash injections

shareholders investments gone down the drain    sadunless the huge provisioons can be realised back. (wat has EFCC now recovered after all the hullaballooo of going after debtors done to help the banks?)

This is food for thot as other bailed out banks too have been asked to publish the results. this week is going to really be a week of bank results that will only erode confidence the more. . . . . . . . . investments don enter water fa

well if they took the kitchen sink approach(which it appears they did),and wrote down everything into this qtr,

then going forward they should be fine. . .all the banks in america did this for 4th qtr 2008. . .

even the mighty goldman sachs had a loss of about $2billion. . .in 4q 2008

i just think nigerian banks are a little late,but better late than never

i think next yr will be a good one for most of the banks
Re: Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by kokoA(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2009
If not for Sanusi, the Bank probably would have gone bankrupt.
Re: Breaking News - Oceanic Bank Plc Declares N400bn Loss Qtr 3 Result by nduchucks: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2009
de ting wey remain now na to look for more investors and capital. de bank dey actually quite attractive and dem go surely make money in de future. i know say i go follow buy shares to recapitalize dis bank. sanusi don drive out all de barawos.

i suspect say cecelia ibru alone dey owe dis bank up to N35billion, and as soon as efcc finish with her, she go vomit de money and dat go improve de financial position of de bank sef.

we dey wait for public offering, asap.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Locks Out Maduekwe, Babalola For Lateness / Emirs Shun Buhari In Nasarawa State / Tinubu’s Trial Vindicates Gani Fawehinmi’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.