Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,355 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) (50328 Views)

I Stole My Client's Pant For Money Ritual - Vulcaniser Confesses In Ogun State / Suspected Rapists, Don-chima George And Olusegun Rasak, Arraigned In Court (pic) / "Why I Cut Off My Boyfriend’s Manhood" - 17-Year-Old Girl Confesses In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Islie: 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

A 26-year-old house maid, Miss Mary Atte, arrested and charged before Isolo Magistrate’s court and remanded in prison for stealing her boss’ N2m, has refused to leave prison. She said she preferred to stay there in good faith.

She explained in the open court that the prison condition was far better for her than when she was outside and would continue to remain there for her comfort.

The shocking declaration amused the litigants present in the court including P.M.EXPRESS correspondent covering the court.

Atte made the confession when her matter was struck out for lack of diligent prosecution by the presiding Magistrate, Mrs A.K. Shonubi and was released to go home.

When the Magistrate set her free, she became angry and protested openly in court that she was going back to prison and she actually went back as she said.

Before she joined the bus back to the prison, Atte told our correspondent that she was brought to Lagos from her village in Benue State by her sister she simply called Esther.

She said Esther sent her to one man as house help where she served for some months and the man did not pay her the agreed salary.

She said she left the place and went to another man’s house, one Aneke Andrew’s house at John Ije close at Okota as maid and served for some time before Andrew came with another story and did not pay her.

She said when the time reached for the man to pay her, he alleged that she stole his dollars valued over N2m which she denied.

Atte said she was arrested and taken to the police station before she was charged to court for the alleged offence and remanded in prison since December 20, 2016.

According to her, she was initially afraid when she was brought to the prison at Kirikiri, not until she settled down she realized it was a blessing in disguise.

She said the women there are treated fairly and compassionately which she had lacked over the years and would like to stay there despite being freed by the court.

She said if they refuse to take her back into custody, she will plead with the matron to employ her there so that she will remain in that environment where people care for others.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered the prison officials carried her on their vehicle because she still had her property in the prison she supposed to take after she was released.

http://pmexpressng.com/shocking-prefer-remain-prison-26-year-old-maid-confesses-court/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by dononics(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
hummm

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
grin

At least she know what she wants in her life..

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by speed99: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
Very very sad development. Feeling loved in confinement and being a free woman. It's a reflection of the state of the nation. And the dealers of hope will tell you the country is making progress.

179 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by sekundosekundo: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
Can you imagine how wicked some Nigerians are?. I remember what I went through as an orphan, sleeping in toilets was nothing to me, sometimes I sleep on wet form. Everyday, tears will be rolling down from my eyes. They don't know that they were encouraging me to be great in life. This girl will be great in life.
The man that took you to prison has nothing against you just that he's wicked.

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by searchng4love: 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
why not join her dia
TrapQueen77:
grin

At least she knows what she wants in her life..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by WINNERMENTALITY: 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
Life in cage is better... No intimidating

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Agadsman(m): 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
this is really sad. How did we find ourselves in this kinda situation?

7 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by psucc(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is an eye opener.
Life in prison is far better than living a free man in Nigeria.
America will know this.

12 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by femolacqua(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2017
searchng4love:
why not join her dia
No be fight Na, she de joke.
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by simplemach(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
Eyaaaa, people are really suffering. Imagine somebody preferring Nigerian prison to freedom.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by ednut1(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
smh
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by jesus500(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
She has chosen prison as her abode.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by iamawara(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
Lol. Better stay ooh. I swear if u enter town now u go suffer pass . Nigerian is becoming unbecoming

7 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Lemiday(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
sad sad sad sad

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Icecomrade: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2017

A country with good social service would take her in and give her a life..

Where are those NGO's parading themselves.

See a case demanding your attention.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Ekakamba: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
iamawara:
H
for?
jesus500:
T
for?

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
sekundosekundo:
Can you imagine how wicked some Nigerians are?. I remember what I went through as an orphan, sleeping in toilets was nothing to me, sometimes I sleep on wet form. Everyday, tears will be rolling down from my eyes. They don't know that they were encouraging me to be great in life. This girl will be great in life.
The man that took you to prison has nothing against you just that he's wicked.

I like hearing stories like this

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by viexcey(f): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
My dear, Freedom is the best o!
Ehya, with time she go tire

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by MutantMetahuman: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Reminds of lucky dubes song
Well fed slave or hungry free man
She made her choice.

9 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Jokerada: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
She go learn new thing
Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by faites(f): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is so sad. There is really no love in the world. Poor girl

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by SuperBlack: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigeria is already a Prison dear.

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by sinistermind(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Wow!!! Very sad but true. There are some people out there that find acceptance is places they never thought of. I really don't blame her, the world has dealt her a serious blow.

4 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Donald7610: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Our prisons na Big Brother Naija
All young ladies must get pregnant before their freedom
I beg sex sweet her there

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by oscaruzie(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
searchng4love:
why not join her dia

SearchForSense as well... undecided

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by iamawara(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ekakamba:
for? for?

Telephone

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by pepemendy(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
let me come and be going to prison

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
What a Pity

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by breezeng: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
This shows d state of sufferness in d country

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Remain In Prison, 26-year-old Maid Confesses In Court (pic) by MutantMetahuman: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
viexcey:
My dear, Freedom is the best o!
and what is freedom when you are hungry and living a life without purpose ?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier Kills Fuel Station Attendant In Minna (Graphic) / 14-Year-Old Girl Chained Unclad By Her Parents For A Month Regains Freedom / Man Pretending To Be A Lady On Instagram Dupes 33 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.