Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment (11422 Views)

Check Out 7 Nigeria Banks That Operate Zero Accounts / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / The 10 Banks That Took Over Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
According to Facebook last report, Nigeria’s monthly active users (MAU) have grown to 16-million (from 15-million) which is a 6.67% increase, as of the first quarter of 2016. A year later, with this huge number, Nigerians still find it difficult to connect to the audience they have built on Facebook after spending time and money due to Ads payment issue.

Facebook supports direct debit payments for Ads in some countries excluding Nigeria. They do support PayPal and numerous credit cards or co-branded debit cards as payment options for Facebook Ads.

Facebook is also now displaying advert rates for pages and businesses in Naira and accept manual payment for ads with Local Credit Cards? This of course have proved to be just figure display as actual charges are different from what is showing on Facebook page.

However, due to CBN banking reform, foreign transaction is technically disabled on Naira Debit/Credit Card from most banks. In addition, for those that allows, there is a $100 monthly spending limit.

Facebook claims they are working to expand their payment options, but don’t have a date for when they may offer additional payment methods.

At WebClick, we have been receiving a lot of enquiries from many small business owners who run Facebook Ad to promote their business. As a result of this, we put a world out to the bank to find out their true position on the use of Naira Debit/Credit card for Facebook Ad. Below are the responses we got. Some banks do not respond but we are still reaching out to them and will update the responses. I will share the responses below. We ask the following question:

I will like to know if your bank policy will allow me to pay for Facebook Ad with your Debit Card in Nigeria here? And if so, what is the monthly limit for spending?

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED
We concerned Nigerians in the business community are petitioning Facebook to look for alternative payment options that will enable the use of Nigeria currency as displayed on the Ad budget without resulting to dollar charges. We specifically require that Facebook speed up the process and approval for Nigerians to use Direct Debit for Facebook Ads in Nigeria Naira.

Please after signing, do not forget to share this petitions on Facebook,Twitter and WhatsApp to get Facebook attention, the government and the general business community to the plight small business and young Nigerian entrepreneurs are facing.
Visit: http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/petition-to-compel-facebook-to-accept-direct-debit-for-ads

ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHODS
Below are 9 ways I and my clients have been paying for Facebook Ads until Facebook approve direct debit for Nigeria. This list will be updated.
1. You can pay in Naira through PayU. Make sure your currency is in Naira. At the point of payment, select PayU NOT Credit Card payment and it should give you access to pay in Naira.
2. Engage someone who has a working PayPal, Lloyds Bank and Barclays bank account.
3. Visit neibouring country and wire money there. Please verify that the country can do such money transfer before venturing.
4. Ask someone with a GTB US Dollar account to wire GTB US Dollar account to you. You would be credited with USD.
5. Alternatively, if you have someone abroad you should have no worries. That's what I'm doing right now.
6. There are middle-men or middle sites that can receive Perfect Money or other payment options and then do transactions for you with commission.
7. Work online to raise money to cover for your ad cost and use it to pay.
8. Invest in a domiciliary account.
9. Work as an affiliate to your service provider and use your commission to pay for their service. That is what I am currently doing with my Web Hosting company.

1 Like

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by hero2000: 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
Eagerly waiting for the responses.
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Sorry for the late response. I was trying to round up a project. But here they come.

Please verify these responses with your own experiences.
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
FIRST BANK

Hello, please be informed that there is a current suspension on all naira cards for international transactions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused .#YouFirst

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
ZENITH BANK RESPONSE
Dear Kindly be informed that your naira card is temporarily suspended for international transactions. The naira denominated cards will only be used for local naira transactions across all payment channels.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
UBA RESPONSE

Hello. You can pay for international transactions with your card, please. The limit is $100 per month. Thank you.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
STERLING BANK RESPONSE
Currently, the debit card used for international transactions is the "Visa Gold Card". The card is linked to the Domiciliary account (foreign denominated account).

On the Visa Gold card, the daily limit for ATM withdrawal and Web payment is $1, 000.00 USD and for POS payments, it is $2,000.00 USD

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
STANBIC IBTC RESPONSE

Hi, We have suspended the use of the naira debit/credit cards for all international transactions. Thank you.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
SKYE BANK RESPONSE

Hello,

We wish to inform you that our Naira debit and credit cards have been temporarily suspended for international
transactions.
This was necessitated by recent concerns on Foreign
exchange supply in the market.
We regret all inconveniences this may cause and encourage you to carry out your international transactions by opening a domiciliary account at Skye bank branch. This
will enable you receive foreign currency inflows and obtain a MasterCard USD Gold debit card which can be used internationally.
Benefits of the MasterCard Gold USD Card;
• No annual limit on card transactions.
• Daily Withdrawal Limits: ATM($800), Web($2,600)

and POS($5,000)
• Limit can be increased upon request
• Access to MasterCard global privileges and benefits
• Access to discounts and promotional offers on

http://www.pricelessafrica.com
• Emergency Cash Advance

We sincerely appreciate your continuous patronage and re-affirm our commitment to providing excellent customer service

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
GT BANK RESPONSE

Dear. Thank you for chatting with us, Yes you can pay for Facebook Ad with your Naira master card with the monthly limit of $100.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
FIDELITY BANK RESPONSE

Hello, You can only use a dollar dominated MasterCard for international transactions. Our Naira cards have been disabled from carrying out international transactions for now. Thank you. #FidelityCares

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2017
FCMB RESPONSE

Yes you can
You limit is 100 dollars monthly

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
DIAMOND BANK RESPONSE

Hello,

Please be informed that our dollar debit cards can only be used for international transactions.

The non- dollar card is only used for local transactions.

You will be required to open a Domiciliary account at any of our branches.

The minimum opening and operating balance for individual is USD:100, GBP 100, EURO: 100.

The charge for the Dollar Debit Card is $3.24 (N1,000 equivalent) determined by the daily rate.

Thank you.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by Xzevian(m): 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
Does this mean sterling is still doing international transaction? quote author=WebclickNG post=53963139]STERLING BANK RESPONSE

[/quote]
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
ACCESS BANK RESPONSE

Hi, yes please you can. However, it must be a Visa card. Thanks.
Please be informed the monthly limit is $100 USD for only online and POS transactions. Thanks.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
Now over to you. What is your experience using any of this bank services?

Later I will share alternative to Bank Debit/Credit Card for Facebook Ad payment.

Just follow the thread

1 Like

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by trustyG: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Well done OP!
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by AndyCole16(m): 3:40am On Feb 23, 2017
This is cool
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2017
trustyG:
Well done OP!
Thanks
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Below are 9 ways I and my clients have been paying for Facebook Ads until Facebook approve direct debit for Nigeria.

1. You can pay in Naira through PayU. Make sure your currency is in Naira. At the point of payment, select PayU NOT Credit Card payment and it should give you access to pay in Naira.

2. Engage someone who has a working PayPal, Lloyds Bank and Barclays bank account.

3. Visit neibouring country and wire money there. Please verify that the country can do such money transfer before venturing.

4. Ask someone with a GTB US Dollar account to wire GTB US Dollar account to you. You would be credited with USD.

5. Alternatively, if you have someone abroad you should have no worries. That's what I'm doing right now.

6. There are middle-men or middle sites that can receive Perfect Money or other payment options and then do transactions for you with commission.

9. Work as an affiliate to your service provider and use your commission to pay for their service. That is what I am currently doing with my Web Hosting company.
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by ugopiwa(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
WebclickNG:
Below are 9 ways I and my clients have been paying for Facebook Ads until Facebook approve direct debit for Nigeria.

I have a report on how to make you boost your ad on Facebook here in Nigeria fast and easy . It goes for just #5000 only. I can also reach you to get a dollar or naira mastercard for free in minutes you can use to pay for your Facebook add and other services.
WhatsApp me on 08138541574. You'll be glad you met me.

Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by BUOnline: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello, this is so interesting. Pls we need help to promote our ads on facebook in naira. Again, we will need help in receiving payment into our account with naira master card, visa etc frm clients online. Contributions and simple ways to go abtt it are welcomed. Thank you
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by BUOnline: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello, this is so interesting. Pls we need help to promote our ads on facebook in naira. Again, we will need help in receiving payment into our account with naira master card, visa etc frm clients online. Contributions and simple ways to go abtt it are welcomed. Thank you
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by jamex93(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2018
WebclickNG:
Now over to you. What is your experience using any of this bank services?

Later I will share alternative to Bank Debit/Credit Card for Facebook Ad payment.

Just follow the thread

Hello, I have been trying to promote my face book ads

Today I will try using my access visa card, I hope it works
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by WebclickNG: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2018
It should if you choose to pay with Naira
jamex93:

Hello, I have been trying to promote my face book ads

Today I will try using my access visa card, I hope it works
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by lexyman(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
WebclickNG:
It should if you choose to pay with Naira

i sell FACEBOOK AD VOUCHERS CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP IF YOU NEED

+2348023321050
Re: Banks That Accept Naira Card For Facebook Ad Payment And Alternatives Payment by codeworks(m): 8:55am On Aug 19, 2020
Which bank accept payment facebook advert via payu

(1) (Reply)

Fish Pond Business In Nigeria: Pros And Cons / Nigeria To China, Reduce Tariffs On Nigeria’s Products / Funke Akindele Is Dettol Clean Naija Campaign Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.